Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by SnowbirdBill
Lots of replies but no “answers “.

I need something knowable, logical, and sensible.

“Well, it’s a mystery. Just believe. “ doesn’t make it for me.

Appreciate the responses nonetheless.

Why do you ask us knowing we only have guesses ourselves? Is the attention you get worth the pita you give?
I have asked God myself. All I can get in this infancy are guesses and feelings but now I have a direction and a goal I can happily strive for.
You want to know? Ask him yourself.

Attention? Nope. If I was after attention, I’d be on here replying to every post.

I had no preconceived expection of what you or anyone else knows. I had hope there might be some actual answers rather than guesses.

Since you and others have asked god himself and got nothing, I guess I’ll not waste my time on that task.

How is that even possible? To get an actual answer concerning spirituality requires you first be dead or something I have no knowledge of.
I'm not some charlatan that threatens people with eternal burning for not bending over for him. How could I know what comes after?
To be curious about God and then to simply stop and get cynical when you don't get the immediate satisfaction of concrete answers could be screwing yourself in the worst way a man can.
The guys who are speaking their faith here and elsewhere are just like you. We're all looking. Some of us have been looking all their lives and we still guess.
The reward I've found so far doesn't sound overly impressive. Just a direction with a goal.
After going in that direction awhile though, I've found that I've lost the fear of life and what comes next. I feel better now than I have in a a very long time.
The side perk is I've gotten to proudly look at myself in the mirror these past 20+ years.

When you argue with an idiot nobody can tell the difference.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by jaguartx
New testament was a law with the Israelites fulfilled by the shedding of blood by Christ to was away our sins. Now, we believers are covered by Christs atonement and are sinless if we believe on Christ and try to follow Him with our lives and REPENT and ask forgiveness of our sins.

We are not held to the same laws as those in the OT, from what i have been told. I dont totalky understand because Jesus said he came to fulfill the law and not do away with it. He also said His words were forever.

Wheres Ringman.

I was once asked by a Seventh Day Adventist why I don't do the Sabbath. To answer him, I wrote an essay; which he and the elders went over with a "fine tooth comb." (Forgive me TRH.) It is thirteen pages long. But I will cut about a dozen and a half pages out and give some insight.

Jesus says He didn't come to destroy the Law, but to fulfill It. He did that and on the cross he tells us, "It is finished." Later God tells us the Law has been abolished having been nailed to HIs cross. Another place He tells us He made both the Jews and the Gentiles one people by destroying the Law. Another place He gives us The Law a a tutor to lead us to Christ. Now that Christ has come we no longer need a tutor.

P.S.
If you want I will private message the essay to you.

Thanks Ringman.

Now, if you get a chance please refresh me some time on exactly what that means to us believers.

We are saved from hell if we believe? Do we have to display the fruits of a Christian, try to be as Christ?

What does it mean to believers with respect to the 10 commandments? Do we have to observe them?

Thanks.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/22/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
To Avoid a distraction to the evolution thread, tell me this.

Why does God give some innocent children cancer?

You reiterated your question several pages later so I will try to give you an answer.

Adam and Eve were the crowning glory of His creation. Adam was given the command not to eat from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Adam had the responsibility to instruct Eve. In the New Testament we are clearly told Eve was deceived but Adam was not. Therefore Adam deliberately violated God’s command. God gave three different punishments. To Eve He said, “I will GREATLY multiply your pain in childbirth.” To Satan He cursed him to crawl on his belly. I guess if we could see Satan we would see a being crawling on his belly. But to Adam He appeared by our human standards to go overboard. God cursed Adam to die and work for a living. Not only did God curse Adam, but He, being Infinite did something in a very big way. He cursed the entire universe. I guess entropy was bigly introduced.

Stars started burning out. (There is scientific evidence showing enough burned out stars for around 7,000 years. The discoverer was not a creationist.) That day death was introduced. God’s Word tells us that one man brought death to the world. That means there was no death prior to Adam’s rebellion. The New Testament tells us they died spiritually right then and died physically years later. Included in cursing the universe, God brought disease, hard work, thorns and thistles, and all manner of maladies. God does not show favoritism. He occasionally kills babies with sudden death syndrome. He kills babies with cancer and measles and lots of other disease He created to display His infinite anger.

Eventually He was angry enough to destroy everyone except Noah (and his wife) and three of his sons and their wives. That includes beautiful virgins, puppies, butterflies and everything not on the boat. An interesting fact of science is all women are descended from one of three women; based on DNA evidence. Another interesting thing is all fossil trees, no matter where they are found on the earth have less than 1,700 rings. What’s so interesting about that? Noah’s Flood happened 1,656 years after creation.

God’s Word tells us the entire creation groans waiting for its redemption when Jesus returns to restore everything to creation’s original beautiful state where there is no more death or disease.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Trystan

Everybody knows children get run over by cars...

That was never in question fool.

Point is, most wicked humans would still try to do something to prevent it if there at the time,
where God does not.

. Wicked men twist and turn things to blame God for there actions.

This wicked world is Gods model....Gods creation was always going to be wicked by his own divine will.
simply because his Son was already destined as a sacrifice before the beginning of the world.

Nobody is responsible for Gods plans but God Himself.

. God has 4 perfect qualities. Power, Wisdom, Love, and Justice. God gave man Free will! It would not be Just on God's part to protect mankind
from the error of there ways when they are in large useing there free will inaproprietly.

two or three yr old toddler cannot be expected to have all the God qualities to avoid the busy road and an impending disaster.

Only a moron would expect such a vulnerable unawares child to use free-will like a wise old sage.

Mankind kills the Child and God resurrects the Child back to life and you wicked man presume God to be wicked.

mankind Kills the child?..you really blame the whole of mankind?.

AS Ive said in previous threads, God seems indifferent, So Im inclined to say Gods INDIFFERENCE
allows children to get run over.

...and you wicked man presume God to be wicked.

Nowhere have I said God is wicked...resorting to lies shows how desperate you are and what type of Christian you are.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks, Rm.

Great post. The Word comes alive as you tell it.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
New testament was a law with the Israelites fulfilled by the shedding of blood by Christ to was away our sins. Now, we believers are covered by Christs atonement and are sinless if we believe on Christ and try to follow Him with our lives and REPENT and ask forgiveness of our sins.

We are not held to the same laws as those in the OT, from what i have been told. I dont totalky understand because Jesus said he came to fulfill the law and not do away with it. He also said His words were forever.

Wheres Ringman.

I was once asked by a Seventh Day Adventist why I don't do the Sabbath. To answer him, I wrote an essay; which he and the elders went over with a "fine tooth comb." (Forgive me TRH.) It is thirteen pages long. But I will cut about a dozen and a half pages out and give some insight.

Jesus says He didn't come to destroy the Law, but to fulfill It. He did that and on the cross he tells us, "It is finished." Later God tells us the Law has been abolished having been nailed to HIs cross. Another place He tells us He made both the Jews and the Gentiles one people by destroying the Law. Another place He gives us The Law a a tutor to lead us to Christ. Now that Christ has come we no longer need a tutor.

P.S.
If you want I will private message the essay to you.

Thanks Ringman.

Now, if you get a chance please refresh me some time on exactly what that means to us believers.

We are saved from hell if we believe? Do we have to display the fruits of a Christian, try to be as Christ?

What does it mean to believers with respect to the 10 commandments? Do we have to observe them?

Thanks.

The "Ten Commandments" were only the first ten of about 600. In fact on the same page there were two more. Don't make an altar of cut stones and don't go up to the altar by steps. They are gone. All of them.

I see two salvations. One is here and now. We are saved from the bondage of sin. And we are eventually saved from Hell.

As far as the fruits....
If one is truly born again, they will display the fruit of the Spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patients, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self control. Of course they will not arrive the day they commit to the Lord. Otherwise Jesus would not say, "Grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." Most certainly there should be a noticeable change in one's life.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Children die because humans die. Humans die because man denied Him for Satan.

Trystan is correct.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow Jag,

you are the Christian who praised Billy Graham and said he is now in heaven, despite him supporting murder of unborns

I can't find anything in scripture that indicates Graham is currently in Heaven., rather it indicates he is awaiting judgement
in the underworld with all the other dead.

consequently common sense tells me to also you pass on your judgement that 'Trystan is correct.'

So why do some christians send prayers to try and change a persons fate when God already says
they must die?

The absurd contradictions and hypocrisy that rattle around in peabrain christian minds never cease.
Fantasies built on foundations of fantasies.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
All of you that don't believe in my God,I want you ask your self this,then think about it for awhile .!just what IF there is a god

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nugget
All of you that don't believe in my God,I want you ask your self this,then think about it for awhile .!just what IF there is a god

I don’t know about everybody here, but I believe in God. I just don’t take the Bible literally, or really much at all.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman
Wow Jag,

you are the Christian who praised Billy Graham and said he is now in heaven, despite him supporting murder of unborns

I can't find anything in scripture that indicates Graham is currently in Heaven., rather it indicates he is awaiting judgement
in the underworld with all the other dead.

consequently common sense tells me to also you pass on your judgement that 'Trystan is correct.'

So why do some christians send prayers to try and change a persons fate when God already says
they must die?

The absurd contradictions and hypocrisy that rattle around in peabrain christian minds never cease.
Fantasies built on foundations of fantasies.

Simple. God says the prayers of a righteous man have power.

He also said to bring all things to Him in prayer.

He also said to pray unceasingly.

What did he tell the thief on the cross beside him as to where he would soon be.

Does it matter- in the blink of an eye....

Silly boy.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The OT law was necessary for Israel to become aware of sin and to convict the Israelites of their sin. The law was established to point out man's unrighteousness for Israel between the time of Moses and Jesus. Man is utterly depraved, but Jesus brought salvation with the cross and the new covenant. Now Jesus convicts people of their sins and is the living law. God himself is in our hearts in the person of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus fulfilled the law, all 613 OT laws, and now we have the living law written on our hearts, along with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The law has always pointed to Jesus, and Jesus nailed the shadow of the law to the cross. Hebrews 10:1 and Colossians 2

The law of sin and death is fulfilled in Him. Romans 8:1-4. The law was and is God. The written law was a temporary covenant for an arrogant people. Jesus fulfilled the law and is the eternal living law.

Our righteousness is based on faith and not on law. Romans 10:5-17. Jesus filled the law and the prophets and is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. All the entire law, not just the ceremonial law, was nailed to the cross.

We are not under the law anymore but the grace of God. Galatians 2 and 3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
All right. Great post. Thanks for that.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Happy for you bill. Glad you have found answers that work for you.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
So, they had all those laws they had to bide by to realize how much they had been sinning and had to kill all that stuff on the altar to atone for their sins.

Now, we are cleaned of sin by His blood if we accept that He suffered and died to bear our sin for us, if we repent, turn from it, and ask forgiveness of it.

Man became aware of his sin and learned he couldnt live and not sin. It was impossible. Then came the Saviour to let us be freed from its curse.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are not fit to shine Billy Graham’s shoes. Everyone I’ve ever heard badmouth Billy or Franklin Graham did it out of envy.

You are just one more added to the list....and close to the bottom of it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Appreciate the insight between testaments. Interesting.

That would make all the Genesis stuff still true though, no? The history of man etc? Just the guidelines on salvation would be updated thru Christ etc?

Originally Posted by nugget

Are you suggesting that even though I don't believe in it, that I pretend I do in an attempt to fool God, in case I'm wrong? I don't expect God would be altogether excited about me lying to Him. Seems like he'd be able to tell the difference.

This may stun you, but that exact question, what if the re IS a God, is generally the question people START with, and circle back to.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, they had all those laws they had to bide by to realize how much they had been sinning and had to kill all that stuff on the altar to atone for their sins.

Now, we are cleaned of sin by His blood if we accept that He suffered and died to bear our sin for us, if we repent, turn from it, and ask forgiveness of it.

Man became aware of his sin and learned he couldnt live and not sin. It was impossible. Then came the Saviour to let us be freed from its curse.

Like!

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The "sin" you have all committed is thinking you had the answer.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yeah, the answer is the Word and the word is Jesus and because of Him we have the answer to the sin we have and admit and ask Him to wash it away for us and that is how we are saved from sin by Him.

Amen.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,316
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.