Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody got their hands on one of these? Would like to hear some reviews on them, never owned anything SWFA but they seem to be highly regarded, this particular model fits my needs better than the others.

Last edited by snowboardguy; 09/25/18.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just saw it on their website myself and was wondering the same thing. It is really light....maybe too light for what it is????

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I just saw it on their website myself and was wondering the same thing. It is really light....maybe too light for what it is????

I was wondering about that as well.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The scope is probably fine if you're mounting it on a rifle with 3 lbs of recoil. If mounted on a hard kicker, better get the suture kit ready. Check out the eye relief specs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The weight savings on ultralight scopes is not much. Most folks would be better served shaving a pound off their midsection.

Besides that eye relief looks tight, even 4” is tight under the right conditions.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Where'd they save weight?

LOL
T
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The weight savings on ultralight scopes is not much. Most folks would be better served shaving a pound off their midsection.

Agreed but the way I look at it, if that pound is on the rifle your arm is gonna get that bit more tired lugging it around.
Me, I'd rather lose a pound in both places and this scope looks like a sweet deal for a .223 like the Howa Mini Action

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine is on an AR. Works great for that purpose.

Scott
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's an AR scope, really good for that purpose. Not necessarily so good for other purposes. People can't seem to understand that. I really think I'll need to get one when the BDC reticle comes out.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Brother has one on his Kimber Montana in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shot it from the bench and eye releif seemed fine, however he underestimated the recoil and wound up with a bruised nose from the scope kissing his shooting glasses during recoi.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by robertham1
Brother has one on his Kimber Montana in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shot it from the bench and eye releif seemed fine, however he underestimated the recoil and wound up with a bruised nose from the scope kissing his shooting glasses during recoi.

Interesting. You had no issues?

I want to put one on a light 6 creed ...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
It's an AR scope, really good for that purpose. Not necessarily so good for other purposes. People can't seem to understand that. I really think I'll need to get one when the BDC reticle comes out.

Then maybe it would help if SWFA marketed it as an AR scope, and not an ultralight. For most folks, "ultralight" refers to something they would use for purposes where they are mobile and want lightweight gear. Like hunting. Which is quite often done with bolt action rifles chambered for cartridges which generate a decent amount of recoil.

If people are getting planted in the face by the scope on a 6.5 Creedmoor, the scope either needs to be redesigned with more eye relief, or have a disclaimer on the box saying "for extremely light recoiling rifles only," along with a discount card for 50% off the buyer's first urgent care visit.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Mine's on a .223....I'd not mount it on anything bigger than a 6mm

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Then maybe it would help if SWFA marketed it as an AR scope, and not an ultralight. For most folks, "ultralight" refers to something they would use for purposes where they are mobile and want lightweight gear. Like hunting. Which is quite often done with bolt action rifles chambered for cartridges which generate a decent amount of recoil.

If people are getting planted in the face by the scope on a 6.5 Creedmoor, the scope either needs to be redesigned with more eye relief, or have a disclaimer on the box saying "for extremely light recoiling rifles only," along with a discount card for 50% off the buyer's first urgent care visit.

Got a good chuckle out of that......... grin

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KH1473
Mine's on a .223....I'd not mount it on anything bigger than a 6mm

I reckon I'll hold off on one for my .458 SOCOM...

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by robertham1

Interesting. You had no issues?

I want to put one on a light 6 creed ...

Correct I had no issue. Something to consider- my brothers vision requires him to have the focus ring almost, if not, all the way out. My vision is fine and I’m see best with the focus all the way in. He may have been bit cause the focus ring was probably out 1/2-3/4”.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got to looking at the specs on this scope and if the numbers are correct it looks like it will be the perfect scope for my little Sako Vixen. I've been looking for a scope with a small ocular so low bases could be used. I have a Leupold light weight that fits this criteria but it is about the only modern scope, even the Weaver V-3 with is small ocular bell needs medium rings to work. I'm looking forward to putting one of these on this little rifle.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
It is a great scope for micro actions. Sako Vixen is a very nice platform for it.

ILya

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I held off on this for a while. I just ordered one with the BDC reticle, it should fit the little Sako. I took it out with the compact 2-7 on Friday, now I can't wait for the SWFA to get here. Coyotes beware.

Black Friday coyote.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 11/29/21.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.