Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/29/graphic-photos-texas-man-disfigured-by-savage-dog-attack.html

[Linked Image]

The man, identified as Milton Sturges, 58, was out walking Wednesday when the dogs attacked. A neighbor who heard the man screaming called police, who, upon arrival, reportedly saw the man being mauled, local news station CBS 11 reported.

NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENTS SHOULD AVOID FLORENCE-AFFECTED WATERS, OFFICIALS SAY

One officer struck the dogs -- believed to be adult pit bulls, one male and one female -- with a weapon. Eventually, they successfully pulled the dogs off the man.

Sturges was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries.

“He lost both of his ears. His nose was partially torn off and his bottom lip was partially torn off,” Omar Sturges, Milton’s nephew, told the news station.

Milton Sturges will now require reconstructive surgery, according to a GoFundMe created to assist with medical expenses.

Officials with the Arlington Police Department are now conducting an investigation into the incident and are searching for the dogs’ owners. Authorities told CBS 11 the male pit bull, which weighed an estimated 80 pounds, was gray with “cropped ears” and “appeared to have chain marks (scars) around [his] neck as if he had been chained up.”

The female, which was brown and also had cropped ears, weighed roughly 55 pounds and “appeared to have previously had a liter(s) of puppies,” authorities said, according to the news station.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cops had a man being chewed up and they did not just instantly kill the frigging dogs?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damn!

Poor dude!

I am MAGA.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bottom lip presents intact.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, they werent being attacked.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not those sweet loving cuddly creatures................why I'm positively shocked, shocked, I tell you.....................................................................................NOT grin

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Mistaken identity.
It was a German short hair and a lab.
Pit bulls don’t this kind of thing.

NRA Patron
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Yes, Pitt bulls, Rottweiler and hounds are bleeping dangerous.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Horrific... get some pit bulls to play with your kids what could go wrong. You have to be a special kind of stupid toown one.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Here's what I would like to know. In all these hundreds of pit bull stories, what happens to the owners afterward? I hope they end up in prison where they belong.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Cops had a man being chewed up and they did not just instantly kill the frigging dogs?!?!?!?!?!?!

My thought as well...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This stuff happens 'cause the mutts are hungry. Feed the mutts.

Lead. Lots of it.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Orion2000

My thought as well...

Crazy. Maybe it was just a situation where he couldn't safely shoot because of risk of hitting the man. If at all possible I'd have tagged them as soon as there was room to do it safely....but I wasn't there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This past Thursday I went to check the cattle. They had broken into a hay field and were obviously upset running about. Then I saw the source of the problem. Two pit bulls, one of whom was an 80+ pound male and a younger one about half his size. The dogs saw my truck and headed for home. They did not make it. This breed was probably decent at one time, but around here selective breeding and even worse inbreeding by dog fighters and hog hunters has resulted in unstable vicious attack/catch dogs. I don't ask questions, and don't complain or explain.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A good friends sister and husband was attacked by a 2 years old mix breed that weighted 60 lbs. Police Tasered the dog during the attack 3 times, dog escaped to a yard with a fence and was cornered. Animal control shot the dog with tranquilizer gun twice and still wouldn't put the crazed dog down, they netted it and used a pole to drag it into there truck.
Both people will need many follow up surgeries to reconstruct damage from dog bites.

A year ago a attack happened in the same area to a couple, by there own dog. It was to be euthanized the day after the attack because of a previous attack.

!5 years ago was at a party with about 30 people, there were a couple people brought there dogs one was a large male pit. A woman screamed just joking around, the pit went on the attack biting 3 people. I killed the pit with a baseball bat, if I was not drinking that day I would have shot him with a 38 that alway in my front pocket.

Last edited by coyotewacker; 09/30/18.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He must've provoked those gentle creatures.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Not those sweet loving cuddly creatures................why I'm positively shocked, shocked, I tell you.....................................................................................NOT grin

We all know that it was a pack of labradoodles lead by a vicious mini-dachshund and cleverly blamed on those lovely little snuggle bug pit bulls!!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poor Milton.... On the bright side, he won't hear folks talking behind his back, about his missing ears. Or be able to smell the cheap womens perfume you all are bitching about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He kinda looks like Tiger Woods now.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000

My thought as well...

Maybe they were worried about hitting the victim.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (79S, 673, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 24 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,323
Posts18,526,433
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.