Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
walt501 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. will build the upcoming hybrid version of its F-150 pickup at its truck plant in Dearborn, Mich., company officials said Thursday.

The vehicle, announced in 2015, will feature a gasoline-electric motor that can double as a mobile generator. Until now, it had been unclear whether the automaker would build the hybrid model in Dearborn or in Missouri at its Kansas City Assembly Plant, which also makes F-150s. The F-150 hybrid is due out as a 2020 model.

"It's going to be a truck that takes you farther, without sacrificing power, and a truck that lets you do more when you get there, with electricity for everything, from your tools to your camping gear,"
Executive Chairman Bill Ford said at an event celebrating the 100th anniversary of Ford's Rouge manufacturing complex in suburban Detroit, which includes the Dearborn Truck Plant. "When it comes to building the best trucks in the world, we never rest. Whether they're gas, diesel or hybrid — or, when the time comes, fully electric — they will power the world in a sustainable way and remain built Ford tough."

Workers in Dearborn produce one F-150 every 53 seconds on average. The pickup is one of 28 vehicle models that have been built at the Rouge, where Ford currently employs 7,500 workers on three shifts.

Click Here

Along with an all new F-150 in 2020, Ford will also introduce an all new Super Duty in 2020 - with big block gasoline power.

There have been a handful of rumors on the drivetrain of the next generation Ford Super Duty pickups, all of which have revolved around the diesel engine, but today, we have some insight into the future of the big gasoline engine . This new information from The Fast Lane Truck (TFL Truck) seemingly puts this engine size discussion to rest, as an insider has told TFL Truck that the next generation of the Ford Super Duty will have a new gasoline that measures 7.3 liters.

It is believed that the next generation of the Ford Super Duty will arrive during the 2019 calendar year as 2020 models and when they do, they will have a new look. Our spy photographers recently snapped pictures of the next F-250 and F-450 heavily camouflaged on the open road, revealing the revised styling.

With the new look will likely come more power, and based on this TFL Truck report, that extra power will come from a new engine. This information comes to TFL Truck via an insider who gathered the information at a UAW meeting.

Click Here

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yawn on the hybrid, but the big block sounds rather interesting.

Now with even more aplomb
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
It's nice to see they're making more of them in the U.S. instead of mostly Mexico and Canada like they used to.

Since Ford, Chevy, and Dodge make so many of their trucks in foreign countries you have to buy a Toyota to get a guaranteed American built truck.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Boxy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just what we needed, a more complex truck to keep trucking. Ford already screwed up their engines to the point that they're service hogs. Now they are making them twice the potential problem.

Last edited by luv2safari; 10/01/18.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long gone is the bench seat, stick shift, vinyl interior, work truck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore

No kidding!

The truck market is geared at the yuppie types who only get them off the asphalt when they come home drunk and park on the neighbor's lawn.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JPro
I wonder if it's the old 460 reborn/re-engineered/upfitted to modern day use?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by JPro
I wonder if it's the old 460 reborn/re-engineered/upfitted to modern day use?

460 was 7.5L.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My 2018 Ford F-150 Supercrew cab has front bench seat.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari

No kidding!

The truck market is geared at the yuppie types who only get them off the asphalt when they come home drunk and park on the neighbor's lawn.

I guess I got the odd ball then.

My 2017 F350 has a 60/40 bench seat, rubber floor mat, and vinyl seats.

Most metro type dealers don't carry many like it though. You see more of that type trim at places that sell fleet pickups and work type trucks.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The new 7.3 is a single cam pushrod 2 valve per cylinder motor, no overhead cams with giant heads to save weight and to make the new engine smaller. From what I have read it will be direct port injected and the 2 valve cylinder head looks alot like a race inspired design for max air flow with some giant valves. Supposedly it’ should get better gas mileage than the 6.2 and make a bunch more HP and torque.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by colvin
The new 7.3 is a single cam pushrod 2 valve per cylinder motor, no overhead cams with giant heads to save weight and to make the new engine smaller. From what I have read it will be direct port injected and the 2 valve cylinder head looks alot like a race inspired design for max air flow with some giant valves. Supposedly it’ should get better gas mileage than the 6.2 and make a bunch more HP and torque.

Sounds like making the 429 Boss what it should have been.

He went over yonder way
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know you guys are just waiting for the Tesla pickup to come out.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My Dad owned a GMC Truck Dealership during the 70’s and 80’s. Around 1977-78 I remember we got in a High Sierra half ton 4 wheel druve.. It was decked out with carpet , am/fm cassette, power windows. A beautiful truck for the time. If my memory serves me correctly,and It may not, the sticker was approx $8000 -9000. I remember my dad raising tea total heck over it. He was hollern around about how the heck he was expected to sell a pickup with all that trash for that price. Who the heck wants a truck like that? I told him I thought it would sell. He wasn't too interested in my opinion. I prepped it had it cleaned up and I remember him telling me not to take the Plastic off the carpet. I pulled it out front of the showroom.

About 2 hrs later he comes back and tells me to get that truck back to the washrack and get the plastic off the carpet. When I asked why he grumbled “Can you believe some dumbazz bought that dang thing”. Im sure my facts are less reliable than Dr Fords but you get my point.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's nice to see they're making more of them in the U.S. instead of mostly Mexico and Canada like they used to.

Since Ford, Chevy, and Dodge make so many of their trucks in foreign countries you have to buy a Toyota to get a guaranteed American built truck.

Ford doesn't make any trucks outside the USA.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Just what we needed, a more complex truck to keep trucking. Ford already screwed up their engines to the point that they're service hogs. Now they are making them twice the potential problem.

What engine problems in the F150? You're not talking about the Triton engines? They haven't been used in the F150 since 2010.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
Triton engines?

Are those the ones with the disposable heads? If you wanted to replace the plugs you had to scrap the whole head?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
170K on my Triton and going strong (knock on wood).

I'd love to see a 440+ CI gasser that could get 14 MPG and put down 500 Ft Lbs of torque!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.