Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
So..... were the two wenches going to vote to confirm?

Could he be confirmed without at least one of their votes, even with Flake voting Yes?

Answer those two questions correctly and Flake can be seen in a different light.

Of course, if a man has to kiss Beloved Trump’s ass to be acceptable, that’s a different story.

Funny how Murkowski and Manchin were definate yes votes until Flake pulled his crap.

He gave them the excuse to withhold their votes pending the Commie "We want the FBI" delay.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will somebody point out to me what horrible votes has Flake cast as a Senator to incur the wrath of the Campfire Trumpkins?

Is he not allowed to vehemently dislike fast talking, Northeast Liberal con men along with over half the population?

Isn’t it acceptable to support Beloved Trump when a man sees him as being in the right, but having a visceral dislike of him as a human being?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Could he be confirmed without at least one of their votes, even with Flake voting Yes?

Answer those two questions correctly and Flake can be seen in a different light.

Of course, if a man has to kiss Beloved Trump’s ass to be acceptable, that’s a different story.

Funny how Murkowski and Manchin were definate yes votes until Flake pulled his crap.

He gave them the excuse to withhold their votes pending the Commie "We want the FBI" delay.

Goddlemighty man, what universe do you get your news from?

You are being ridiculous, now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goddam Reverse Snowflakes have driven me from this thread.

Ring man and his Young Earth BS would be preferable to the mental contortions taking place here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Any man that can't get out of an elevator with some screaming leftist bi*tch blocking his exit is no man.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Goddlemighty man, what universe do you get your news from?

You are being ridiculous, now.

So you'd bet the farm on Flake voting yes?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
kavanaugh will never get flake's vote

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Flake is a no vote....always has been.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

This is what I recall happened watching that unfold on tv.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Folks get the representation in Congress they vote for. Vote for a Flake and expecting a concrete foundation? Ha.......dude was a laffin' stock in school and you know kids are brutal. His brain got raped repeatedly, grades 1-12 and more.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Flake has declined to run for President in 2020 after accepting the lead role and traveling the country in the play "The Vagina Monologues".

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Goddam Reverse Snowflakes have driven me from this thread.

Ring man and his Young Earth BS would be preferable to the mental contortions taking place here.

Don't let the door hit ya.'

I disagree with some of Ringman's views myself but he has a right to post them.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I hope Martha McSalley blows them away in Nov. She's the AF pilot Congresswoman, running for Senator.

We'll see.

DF

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Isn't he a peach?

I'd like to corner him in an elevator....
I'd much prefer a dark alley where I would introduce him to my good buddy from Louisville named Slugger.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Given what we're now learning about the FBI and Christine Ford, I'm not sure that Flake isn't on our team. If she was recruited by FBI and DOJ to be part of this hoax, they needed some way to start an investigation and some way to have the Democrats buy into it in order to give it more political legitimacy. He might have been part of a counter ops plan to do just that. Time will tell.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
As I understand it, committees recommend, but the entire Senate votes. This is the only vote that matters.
I believe the committee could have voted not to advance Kavanaugh and McConnell could still have the Senate vote, which he would surely do if he had the votes. (Can we all at least agree that he can count!)
Those are the rules as I understand them.

The second thing you should understand, regardless of your political beliefs, is that events are often not always as they appear. There is a helluva a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that we will never, ever, never see. Not before, not during, not after. Sometimes we do get a glimpse, but rarely the whole picture. The closer to DC you get, the more true this becomes. We will never get to form opinions and judgements with all the facts, but we should at least realize that. It's not optimal, but it is better than deluding ourselves that we do have all the facts.
I get wrapped in this stuff as much as the next guy, so I have to keep reminding myself of that fact.

Any politician that doesn't keep an eye on staying elected will have a short political career. The closer to your election the more you better pay attention.
It is plausible to me that the two women were getting antsy after the schidshow on Thursday. There are also a couple of red state dems that are calculating a yes vote might help then hold their seat. Not optimal at all to elect dems, but it is what it is.

Kavanaugh had a right to be pissed as hell, but a little less anger and instead firm resolve might have helped him. Not to mention he completely missed a great shot to hit Feinstein with an answer right out of the gate pointing out she could have had her investigation and protected Ford's identity, and confronted him in private to boot, but she didn't. He then could have answered every other FBI question from every other dem with "Don't ask me to do your job. If you're not happy, talk to your ranking member." Had he done a bit better, he might be on the SC by now.

Anyway, Thursday was what it was. So it is plausible that votes we need were getting cold feet after Thursday and Flake is running point to give them cover. It is also plausible that Flake is trying to fugg the whole thing up. Or it could be something else.

It's high stakes poker, guys. You gotta know that.

Last edited by GunDoc7; 10/03/18.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Diane Feinstein has more credibility and integrity that the POS Flake.

Even though shes the enemy you know she will fight hard for her side and frigging Kommiefornia Qunts that put her into office.

Flake does Chamberlain, Quislings and The Vichy proud.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I see it like you do GunDoc. Flake is not running for reelection and so could be a Judas Goat or any number of things. I was initially pissed about this and still am to a large degree but I'm thinking that Flake's role in this maybe isn't what it seemed at first blush.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For what it is worth, I did watch the video suggested earlier in this thread, starting at 4:40:00 (It is a 5 hour video, plus I watched the whole damn thing in real time. No need to relive that!) It does appear Grassley knows pretty much what is about to happen, the R senators don't seem surprised, the D senators seem disorganized, and DiFi is effing clueless. It is also true that after the meeting is adjourned Cruz, Cornyn, and Graham are briefly talking to Flake, and to me no one seems especially upset. Cruz is smiling and doesn't look especially grim as he leaves the room.

I didn't catch any of that on Friday, so it's nice to be able to look at it again.

None of that proves a single thing, but it is interesting to watch.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by shaman
While I'm not too happy with Flake myself, I can see where the scenario described is plausible. It wasn't 5D chess as much as just a quick way to get the Dems on the committee off guard for a few minutes and get the nomination out of committee.

While Flake has been a vocal critic of Trump, he's also mostly voted for Trump's agenda.

Overall, I'd say vilifying Flake is kind of a waste of effort. He's not seeking re-election.

Wisdom right here. Good thinking Shaman. That is exactly what happened. The very reason Trump wasn't up set with having a 7th FBI investigation. It requires 2 Dem. to get it out of committee onto the Floor. Flake did that for Grassly. We should be thanking Flake for taking a huge personal hit for taking one for the team.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,821
Posts18,496,525
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.