Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Redneck
16-25%+ from Chase Freedom Unlimited?? The one I use, rarely now, is at 9.9%...fixed.... I think I'll keep THAT one..

thats after 15 months and if you don't pay it off every month after that. I say get the 15months no interest, the 150 bucks cash back if you spend 500 the first three months, 1.5% cash back for 15 months and then cut the dang thing up when the 15 months is over with.

Last edited by killerv; 10/03/18.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every credit card has terms and terms are all different so each has to be evaluated on its own merits.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Roc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Thinking of getting rid of my Cabelas card too.Would like to get a gun friendly card.Read awhile ago that Chase wasn't but maybe they have changed?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would recommend two cards. The best card, year-in, year-out for me has been Discover. That said, everywhere doesn't accept them and I'd have a MC or Visa as backup. There are several out there that are good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMHO, the best way to go is to find a local credit union, join, and get one of their cards. They have the lowest rates, best service, and you aren't dealing with the big banks.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I just got my new Cabela’s Visa good for another two years

Forgive me if I missed the sarcasm. Your Cabela’s VISA will be dead before year end, regardless of what the expiration on the card is.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Get something that gives you 2% back on everything. I use the fidelity card, 2% goes straight to any investment account you want, once you set it up. The customer service is horrible, so I won't recommend it, but the benefits are great.

Amex cards typically have good benies too.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by White_Bear
... the only decent deal would be a gun while on sale.

This is how I use my points as well. If you save up $200 in points, you can lose it by paying the inflated Cabelas price, unless its on sale. I use them on guns from the used rack, or new guns on a good sale. I have used them on gear if it was on sale as well.

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'm not sure what makes VISA better than Mastercard, but I use the Citi Double Cash M/C and I have no complaints. No annual fees, no BS. Pay your balance if you don't like the interest rate...and none of them offer an acceptable interest rate.

Good card, 2% back on everything.

So you pay them your money and the generously give you back 2% of YOUR money, after some time collecting interest? Helluva deal. For them.

Easy way to invest tho, I guess, if that is where the 2% is going.

Last edited by las; 10/03/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thats a great card especially if you couple it with another card that returns higher amounts on specific catagories and types of purchases.

Originally Posted by kingston
If you want cash back, this is the best deal going and you don’t have to deal with a big evil bank.

https://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-signature-card/

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Your preferred credit card with % cash back plus purchases made through Ebates membership together can add up to some pretty decent money.

https://cashmoneylife.com/get-paid-to-shop-with-ebates-online-rebate/

https://www.ebates.com/

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by las
I'm not sure what makes VISA better than Mastercard, but I use the Citi Double Cash M/C and I have no complaints. No annual fees, no BS. Pay your balance if you don't like the interest rate...and none of them offer an acceptable interest rate.

So you pay them your money and the generously give you back 2% of YOUR money, after some time collecting interest? Helluva deal. For them.

How did you come up with this? You don't pay any interest if you pay off the card in full each month. The money was used to purchase an item. In effect it is a 2% reduction in the purchase cost of said item.

This may be beyond your understanding of these things based on your above post, but there are certain Chase cards that used properly will give a 5% cash back that can be transferred to other Chase cards for a 1.5 multiplier which now turns that into a 7.5% savings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1. Do not carry a credit balance on your card. Pay it off monthly.

2. Do not use a card whose rewards are limited to one specific store or business. Use the card that rewards all purchases!

3. Shop for the card that you are eligable for that has no annual fee, and returns the highest percentage on rewards. Only use it if you can pay down to zero balance monthly.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Roc
Thinking of getting rid of my Cabelas card too.Would like to get a gun friendly card.Read awhile ago that Chase wasn't but maybe they have changed?

'Tis my problem. I still need to dump my Bank of America c/card due to their gun views. Same with chase and cit group. BofA is a great reward card, but I don't support the commies.

Wells Fargo is so far the ONLY credit card I can confirm is 'pro-gun.' Not sure about HSBC mastercard.

Last edited by Wook; 10/03/18.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by las

I never paid a dime in interest in my life. You do realize you can pay the balance in full every month to avoid interest don't you????

D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Anyone know if US Bank Visa card is pro or anti gun?

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dropped my Cabelas card Monday.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
Anyone know if US Bank Visa card is pro or anti gun?

Anti NRA

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does your credit score take a hit when you cancel a credit card? I have always been told it does.

Last edited by SCRUBS; 10/03/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
Does your credit score take a hit when you cancel a credit card? I have always been told it does.

Maybe, if your credit is bad enough to worry about that. I personally don't care. I don't see how a little thing like that is a big deal. How much could your credit be hurt? What's a point or two if you borrow little, pay on time, and keep your regular bills up to date. The bank (and everyone else) wants to loan me money worse than I want to borrow it.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,926
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.