S
Thanks gents.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have swaro 10x32 EL. and have looked at the 8x32.
Both are very good

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
May I suggest the Leica 8x32 Trinovid HD?

The Best Out There,,IMHO,,,
Or should I say my favorite!

I tend to use more than enough gun
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm po. I like my Leo Yosemite's. They show me the deer in front of me.

You'll shoot your eye out
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'd prefer not to purchase right now. Regarding carry style, I'm sure that one of the nice bino bra's would help. I hate to lose my ability to use my HPG bag but it might be worth it. I saw someone make mention of using the HPG bag to hold the bino's and I need to give that a try. In the end, the 7x42's I use now are ~32 oz's....the 8x32 Meostar's are ~21 oz's and much smaller.

I hear what you're saying. I used the HPG chest purse for the first time this archery season and loved it, but only had my LRF in there and no binos. A 21 ounce bino around the neck would suck, but I don't know if the chest purse is the right solution.

Never used the RYO boob straps, but spent some time talking to the DIL at a hunting show about them.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How are you guys who use the Rick Young Harness keeping the dangly bits of the harness on your back from snagging on stuff? Cutting it off and keeping the harness at one length? I bought one several years ago off of recommendations here, and after the excess cordage became ensnared in brush and what not for about the twentieth time, I tossed the harness, deciding it was the binocular version of a butt out tool.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Leica or Swaro. The new issue Swaros have improved over the original EL. Try both, if you can, I could live with either. Both top of the line.

The RY harness looks like the ticket. Thinking would cut some get a couple of them & cut the excess off one for fall & one for winter. Maybe. I like the way he secured them with the strap over the objective. That is an issue with the Crooked Horn flipping up the bino. One thing is for certain--I don't wear a bino strap around my neck...sheit can happen on inclines...

Defend the Constitution
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by 338rcm
8x32 Meopta Meostar from Doug

I appreciate all of the suggestions. Looks like there are lot of options. Feel free to add pro's/con's on any of the suggestions. I'm about 50/50 on glasses/contacts so eye relief can matter when I'm wearing glasses. I appreciate good glass, FOV, and depth of field when still hunting.

I have the pre-HD and HD models of 8x32 Meostars. Both can easily be used with glasses and give a full FOV with the eye-cups spun down.

On-board LRF has become a crutch to me so I don't have the experience with L/Z/S pure binocs to give an accurate representation about how the Meopta's stack up optically.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Until something comes along that makes these look like they are broken I shall be staying with them.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I'm with JStuart, Zeiss 8 x 32 FL's. The Kowa 8 x 33 Prominars are really nice too.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
How are you guys who use the Rick Young Harness keeping the dangly bits of the harness on your back from snagging on stuff? Cutting it off and keeping the harness at one length? I bought one several years ago off of recommendations here, and after the excess cordage became ensnared in brush and what not for about the twentieth time, I tossed the harness, deciding it was the binocular version of a butt out tool.

I ordered one even with that reservation in mind. I'm thinking separating the loose end would cure thing hanging issue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

*SMFH* JeffO with a Nosler box?
Tuck it beneath either side of left/right shock chord at back if it's getting in the way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I found the best solution was to just use a bino harness that doesn’t have a bunch of dangly [bleep] hanging off of the back. FHF Harness for the win.

J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Interesting the turns the discussion takes.

At the price I couldn't help but try the Rick Young. It also looked like the best option that could be used with the HPG bag that I'm a fan of. Should be here soon and ML opens next weekend so it will get a go.

Back to the 8x32's......so many recommendations. Suggestions on 8x32's that are no good?.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Got the RYO strap in today and I think they will work fine with my HPG kit bag. My 8x30 Swaro's ride on top of the bag or I can since the bag up and bino's will ride below the bag.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Being on a budget I was lead to the Sightron SII Blue Sky 8x32 Binos model number SIIBL832 . I am happy with this purchase and use these binos for everything I hunt.
Lotsa better binos out there, but for the money I spent they are good to go for me.

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Leica Ultravid HD 8x32 is unbeatable IMHO in the 8x32 class of binos...

I have the 8x32 Ultravid HD for the reasons you said. Light weight, compact, and crazy good optics. I am lucky to have a choice of alpha glass, and the 8x32 are my go to.
I had Swaovski 8x30 SLC, and these are much better in my opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nikon Premier 8x32. Nikon binos don't get much attention on hunting forums, but always get good reviews on birding forums. I've had Leica, Swaro, Vortex, Steiner, Minox and others but always come back to the Nikons.

Oh, yeah, and always with the Rick Young Outdoors bino harness. wink

Last edited by skeen; 10/13/18. Reason: Rick Young harness
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 17 invisible), 1,617 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.