Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Well not to take away from the judge threds,I want to ask if any one has been to a grief session and if so was it helpful. I lost my wife of 31 1/2 years Aug 13 and I think I am having a tough time with it.I have a group session starting 10/11 a day a week for 6 weeks.Just wanted to see if any one has done a group class and how it was. Ya can Pm me Or Call 850-485-74 five six

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I lost my wife in 2011 after 25 years of marriage.
There will be good days and bad days. Mostly bad at first.
Be patient and hopefully your friends can be supportive.
There are plenty of books you can read on the subject.
Some will help. Some are a source of income for the writer.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Your best support group is right here at the fire. My condolences on the loss of your wife.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've never experienced the loss of a spouse but those I know who have would all encourage you to attend group sessions. Don't try to shoulder this grief yourself.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Leesway2, my condolences on the loss of your wife.
I attended a weekly group session for about a year in my early twenties- about 30 years ago. My situation was about disfunctional relationships and not the loss of a spouse. It helped me a great deal.

There is something very powerful about being around others that are going through the same experience and seeking recovery. The fact that you are signed up for the grief sessions tells me that you are in a very dark place right now, but it also tells me you want to get better. I wish you well, and I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks I am going to try the group thing and see where it goes.With hunting season starting soon I might be able to change directions/I hope so any way. 20 months is a life time when your fighting cancer and it sucks, I dont care who ya are, and the bad thing is it dont either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never had to, knock on wood. Wish you all the best. Time, it’ll take time. Stay busy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Leesway,

My deepest condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I can’t imagine the pain of losing a spouse.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Man, that sucks.

Lean on your friends, your family or maybe even some of us [bleep] around here, but don't go doin anything stupid.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know I would be having a tough time of it. I wish i could help you, I really do, I can't imagine the pain you feel.

When my Dad died I didn't ever think I would get over it, I was right, but it did get a LOT better over time. A little bit each day..........I no longer see the old man lying there dead. I see the jovial happy smartass teasing me or me teasing him, him telling a joke and me laughing so hard I damn near schit myself. Him and me ganging up on ma and ma calling us a couple of horses asses.

I see him and I in the woods hunting, him and I on the water fishing. I see him and I building my new garage.

I hardly ever see the bad in his passing anymore, mostly I just remember the good times him and I shared. Every once in a while I'll have a bad day over it but it's a rare occasion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is patience and time, just a little each day.

This coming January 9 will be 14 years.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It will be a great source of comfort to you as you work through normal, healthy grief. Cry as often as it hits you pard, and allow the Lord to comfort you. Prayers sent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leesway2, I am very sorry to hear of your loss of your wife. I hope the grief support group will give you much comfort.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks Guys,savage24 I dont think the 6 week gig is going to do it. As far as cry I can do that riding down the road with a song or what ever. Doing something stupid wont and will not happen,my lil brother stayed for 6 days after she passed till I ran him off. I had to tell him if ya find me dead ya damn well better find out who killed me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i am a facilitator for a grief group called "grief share". grief share groups can be found in every state, and in most cities. this is a christian based grief program. such a group would be well worth your time. i encourage you to find a grief share group in your area and start the weekly classes. call some of the larger churches in your area and inquire about grief share. i've had many people go through the classes 2 and three times as they deal with the loss of a loved one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys Rock. I am glad; honored to be among you here.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m so sorry Leesway. I can’t imagine.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The pain will never go away. You have to find some way to live with it.

You'll find your love for her will grow even stronger as you reflect back. It is that love you will always have for her that will get you through this. You'll have your good days and your bad days, and that is natural. You'll also have your times where you'll just start shedding the tears when it sneaks up on you.......all is natural, and you have nothing to be ashamed or apologize to anyone for.

The phases you go through will be like peeling an onion. Just take one step, one day, one layer at a time, and don't let anyone tell you how to mourn. Everyone mourns in a different way, and it is nobody's damn business how you mourn. There is no set way to mourn.

She'll always be in your heart.

"Grief never ends...but it changes.
It's a passage, not a place to stay.
Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor
a lack of faith...
It is the price of love."

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t have anything to add to the thoughtful and caring posters before me but I do want you to know that there’s truly a great group of men here that you can lean on. Outside of that I wish you peace and healing. I can’t imagine my life without my wife, it wouldn’t be much of a life for me if I lost her but I’d continue to trudge along.

May God bless you and comfort you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Yea its way more bad than ya would ever think, and if thats jr or miss jr in your arms dont never let go. our son is 25 but it still aint good. this is something we will have to work through,not quick but it will be done

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t have anything to add to the thoughtful and caring posters before me but I do want you to know that there’s truly a great group of men here that you can lean on. Outside of that I wish you peace and healing. I can’t imagine my life without my wife, it wouldn’t be much of a life for me if I lost her but I’d continue to trudge along.

May God bless you and comfort you.

That sums it up for me too, leesway2.

May you find solice.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 29 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.