-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 201 of 785 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 784 785
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Red lentil and sausage soup with warm buttered naan bread.

Snickerdoodle cheese cake bars.

Daughter made and brought over with the grandson.

forgot to take pics. Ill get some tomorrow with leftsovers

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
99's, I loves me some f'n gnocchi!! That version sure looks yummy.

The rest of youse guys..............more yummy looking grub. Keep it up and I'll threaten to come for a vist around din-din time!

Dinner tonight was similar to something think i posted a pic of a few weeks back. Casserole of zucchini and eggplant, onion, tomato, garlic, couple of different cheeses. No pics, came out pretty good again and best of all the last of the eggplant from the garden didn't go to waste. I've had to pick it all due to the freezing temps most nights.

Not dinner, but today's breakfast. From scratch sourdough whole multi grain apple pancakes. Served with a sprinkle of cinnamon and some real maple syrup, it was all I could do to stop at four.

[Linked Image]

I love this time of year, fresh apples for free from friends' trees!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67

FC,

seems your diet is as "Multicultural" as ours!

Sounds like a great soup.

Cold and damp over here, might have to look into soup tomorrow. Tonight's casserole helped to warm the house with the oven on. First fire of the year is laid and ready to light. More firewood arrived today so I see no danger of running out this winter either.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

FC,

Cold and damp over here, might have to look into soup tomorrow. Tonight's casserole helped to warm the house with the oven on. First fire of the year is laid and ready to light. More firewood arrived today so I see no danger of running out this winter either.

Geno

Hey Geno, yes its been that way my whole life. Product of where grew up and my families.

Im at home at a Low country boil, Mexican Quinceañera, Italian Godfather style wedding or bar mitzvah.

Then toss in all the Asian cultures and food ive been exposed to in NorCal.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

FC,

Geno

Hey Geno, yes its been that way my whole life. Product of where grew up and my families.

Im at home at a Low country boil, Mexican Quinceañera, Italian Godfather style wedding or bar mitzvah.

Well, our families must have had similar experiences.

Folks were from NYC, so until we left in the early 60's I was exposed to bunches of different "flavors" of foods. The SoCal with the abundance of Mexican foods, some Asian, Mediterranean/ Middle Eastern, and lots of fish, plenty of fresh veggies. Moving around later in life those experiences gave me the ability to sample just about anything with little fear.

Geno

PS, Fresno has a large Armenian population and great food. Any Armenian places where you are?

In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First fire of the year is laid and ready to light. More firewood arrived today so I see no danger of running out this winter either.

Geno

Sorry for the hi-jack but it sounds like our weather is about the same Geno. I built the first fire of the year this morning too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
First fire of the year is laid and ready to light. More firewood arrived today so I see no danger of running out this winter either.

Geno

Sorry for the hi-jack but it sounds like our weather is about the same Geno. I built the first fire of the year this morning too.

Charlie,

If you had just mentioned what you had for breakfast, it wouldn't be a hijack.

I had a bowl of shredded wheat with a small apple cut up in it.

No longer laid, .....................lit grin

[Linked Image]

And the boy dog got off the couch as soon as it got going good to take advantage of it. Whippets ain't dumb!

It got lit today because it's only 40F now and isn't projected to get much sun or over 60F today. I got tired of listening to the heat come on and paying for electrons .

Geno

PS, I expect pictures from y'all of good eats this holiday weekend.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Father was born in Fresno. Large segments of paternal side of my family came from Fresno county. I took my family there to live for five years in the 90's due to work. Very familar with Armenian food and culture.

No specfic Armenian restaurants in this part of the Central Valley. But many Mediterranean Restaurants that mix in Armenian dishes.

FC,

Geno

Well, our families must have had similar experiences.

Folks were from NYC, so until we left in the early 60's I was exposed to bunches of different "flavors" of foods. The SoCal with the abundance of Mexican foods, some Asian, Mediterranean/ Middle Eastern, and lots of fish, plenty of fresh veggies. Moving around later in life those experiences gave me the ability to sample just about anything with little fear.

Geno

PS, Fresno has a large Armenian population and great food. Any Armenian places where you are?

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lunch leftovers

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Made a 2# pot roast today.
I plan to grind most of it into hash so I pulled the veggies before them became to awfully soft.
I browned the roast really well first and then added a 1/2 cup of red wine along with the veggies.
Then put the lid on and in the oven at 375 for an hour then lowered the heat to 225 for four hours until it literally falls apart.
I have a sneaking suspicion that juice is gonna make some mighty fine onion gravy.

BTW.....those white spots ain't warts....they're garlic slivers trying to escape.

[Linked Image]

Somebody on my hash thread said to add carrots so I'll add the ones I don't eat tonight to the mix along with some onions sauteed over easy. I didn't add em to the roast because I was sure they'd get to soft to grind.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Looks swell Charlie.

I am simmering a bolognese sauce right now.

That had two cups of wine in it.

Now to simmer for 4 hours!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What cut of meat do you prefer for your roasts, Charlie ? Chuck is my go to choice. Plenty of fat that browns well and cheap ta boot. On the menu for later this week !!

Looks great, BTW.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That looks good Phil.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 10/06/18.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It does now......couldn't load it before.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
What cut of meat do you prefer for your roasts, Charlie ? Chuck is my go to choice. Plenty of fat that browns well and cheap ta boot. On the menu for later this week !!

Looks great, BTW.

[quote=FieldGrade]Made a 2# pot roast today.

[Linked Image]

I was taught to use Chuck but this one's a shoulder roast.
It was on sale and since I was planning on grinding it I didn't think it would matter.
It didn't.....I honestly can't tell the difference.

Edit:.....I just googled it.....turns out Chuck is shoulder meat...no wonder I can't tell the difference...LOL

Last edited by FieldGrade; 10/06/18.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Post some more pics of your sausages. Gotta grind some summer sausage soon so I have TV snacks for the winter. Good stuff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I plan to grind most of it into hash so I pulled the veggies before them became to awfully soft.
I browned the roast really well first and then added a 1/2 cup of red wine along with the veggies.
Then put the lid on and in the oven at 375 for an hour then lowered the heat to 225 for four hours until it literally falls apart.
I have a sneaking suspicion that juice is gonna make some mighty fine onion gravy.

BTW.....those white spots ain't warts....they're garlic slivers trying to escape.

[Linked Image]

Somebody on my hash thread said to add carrots so I'll add the ones I don't eat tonight to the mix along with some onions sauteed over easy. I didn't add em to the roast because I was sure they'd get to soft to grind.

That looks good Phil.

Thanks. I have to say having Daughters is starting to pay off.

FYI Thats roast looks fantastic. Give me a stack of tortillas, six pack of beer and let me go!

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Post some more pics of your sausages. Gotta grind some summer sausage soon so I have TV snacks for the winter. Good stuff.

Ha! dont let flave see that post.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just took some country style boneless pork ribs out of the oven.

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm gonna make a batch of those Lithuanian Potato Sausages with Bacon/Sour Cream Gravy next week.

I'll definitely post pix if I can pull it off.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/lithuanian-potato-sausage-vedarai-recipe-1137349

Page 201 of 785 1 2 199 200 201 202 203 784 785

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,436
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.