Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
For the Alaskans who qualify for a PFD. What did you do with it? I bought pew pews.
1) One of Joe Nava's Guns- he is moving to AZ- A Remington 600 in 6Rem with a 4X Leupold.
2) Prewar Stevens Favorite 22LR in tight shape.
3)Stainless Model 29 8 3/8 inch 44 Rem mag.
4) Sako Vixen from Rimikii in 222 rem.

All are in super shape and I figured that I did pretty durned good but I blew my wad before the gun show next week.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Haven't spent any yet other than giving to the church. My wife want's to use hers for a new couch and I'm using part of mine to pay for a guided goose hunt in November when I'm down in eastern Washington visiting my mom. I'll be using a Beretta 10 gauge SxS left to me by a close friend who passed last year.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gave some to the church and rest to my wife's dentist. Last year it all went to the NRA and I never won a raffle! For the last three years the State of Alaska took half of mine and everyone else's, they said they needed it more then me and other Alaskan's did.

Free money I did nothing to earn, but I now feel entitled to it! Maybe next year I can get a Nightforce scope.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You should save it in case Walker accidentally gets elected. You’ll need it to pay income tax.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Joe nava is moving?? Shocking!

I knew him in the 70s and 80s. He was old then! How old a boy is he anyway? smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Joe is 91 and a half. He has done a lot around Fairbanks. He has established a scholarship and award for the top placer in YHEC(Youth Hunter Education Challenge). He still goes hunting and is on his radio show but doesnt teach his classes anymore.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
You should save it in case Walker accidentally gets elected. You’ll need it to pay income tax.

Great idea!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe mine will go toward new lenses... The cataracts are being kicked out!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mart
Haven't spent any yet other than giving to the church. My wife want's to use hers for a new couch and I'm using part of mine to pay for a guided goose hunt in November when I'm down in eastern Washington visiting my mom. I'll be using a Beretta 10 gauge SxS left to me by a close friend who passed last year.

Sounds like you folks got a nice one this year.

mart, be sure and let us know how the hunt goes and maybe a few pics with the special shotgun.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just spent mine and half of the wife's PFD on airline tickets so I can come home on R&R in January. I'll be reimbursed by my company for most of it when I return back to the sandbox, but it's taxable income. Once I get that reimbursement, I'm turning right around and spending it on airline tickets again for my second R&R in May.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

mart, be sure and let us know how the hunt goes and maybe a few pics with the special shotgun.

Geno

Well our beloved governor uncle bill walker in 2016 pushed to take over half the pfd that yr some calculated it was over $3,000 per we got $1066 person. 2017 this time our beloved legislature who can not control there spending like a drunk buying everyone drinks at the bar on a tab they can't pay.. Took half, this yr they did it again only senators the were unified not taking half of it were the valley senators. This yr it was rumored to be $2900 plus we got $1600. Again our state legislature can not control there spending, they say it's the only way if we want avoid a state income tax. Which is the end game for Walker or Begich, with that they will have money rolling in they can dump into the villages and cities on projects. But they can say you still get half your pfd. Lol.. but hopefully our next governor is Mike Dunleavy!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Donated some to Dunleavy campaign!

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
If Walker or Begich get in we can expect to eventually loose the PFD and get a state income tax and a high state sales tax. They won't stop at just the PFD.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Walker or Begich get in we can expect to eventually loose the PFD and get a state income tax and a high state sales tax. They won't stop at just the PFD.

I forgot all about the once proposed state sales tax as well.. they will propose as a seasonal sales tax. You know too make everyone feel like they aren't getting bent over the barrel. Of course the folks that will benefit from all this will never bitch about it.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Well our beloved governor uncle bill walker in 2016 pushed to take over half the pfd that yr some calculated it was over $3,000 per we got $1066 person. 2017 this time our beloved legislature who can not control there spending like a drunk buying everyone drinks at the bar on a tab they can't pay.. Took half, this yr they did it again only senators the were unified not taking half of it were the valley senators. This yr it was rumored to be $2900 plus we got $1600. Again our state legislature can not control there spending, they say it's the only way if we want avoid a state income tax. Which is the end game for Walker or Begich, with that they will have money rolling in they can dump into the villages and cities on projects. But they can say you still get half your pfd. Lol.. but hopefully our next governor is Mike Dunleavy!

Well, that sure sucks,

People want infrastructure and stuff, but the other costs get way out of line.

Try living in this lousy state, high gas taxes, high sales taxes, AND high income taxes.

Shall we send some Moonbeams your way?

Good luck with your elections folks, sounds like you're gonna need some.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Our legislature never found a revenue source they didn’t find a way to spend.

Alaskan prayer:
Dear Lord, please give us another boom and we promise to not piss it away.

Right. Probably need to rebuild some 30-student schools with swimming pools.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Saving it to cover airfare for a caribou hunt.

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought another metal detector for under $1k, and gave the rest to my wife to do whatever she wants with it. She puts it away, of course, since she is so thrifty smile

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Our legislature never found a revenue source they didn’t find a way to spend.

Alaskan prayer:
Dear Lord, please give us another boom and we promise to not piss it away.

Right. Probably need to rebuild some 30-student schools with swimming pools.

Oh man I'm still pissed about a bond that was passed out here couple yrs back to renovate the swimming pool at Wasilla high and hockey rink.. I'm telling people we are paying higher property taxes for a Pool I will never use. A hockey rink that they still charge hockey teams ice time for..

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I'm still waiting to get mine. I sent in the stuff I needed to send but some of my documents weren't readable. Hopefully it's approved this week. I've got to pay the taxidermist with mine though, Got 2 bears and a sitka blacktail in his shop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (1_deuce, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 53 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.