-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just seen Jay Leno on tv, and he spoke of VP Cheny being on a pheasent hunting trip. To me, thats cool! A hunting VP. <BR>Since Teddy Roosevelt, has there been other hunting Presidents/Vice Presidents? ~~~Suluuq

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LBJ hunted deer before he got to be president I know for sure but afterwards I am not sure about. Bush the elder was a quail hunter and Dubwa has been known to shoot doves.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Bush Sr. used to be quite a hunter and was a life member of the NRA but gave it up over some kind of disagreement with Wayne LaPierre From what i'm told. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img]

Marine Corps, Mason, NRA Life Member & Cherokee
May you always know the Great Spirit is with you.
Years ago I swore an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign & DOMESTIC and no one has relieved me of that oath!
pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dwight Eisenhower was a very avid hunter and fisherman.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
How about that duck hunter extraordinaire ....<BR>Bill Clinton?? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Seriously though, Ronald Reagan must have done some hunting, right? Sadly, all I can remember is his recommendation to put a moratorium on hunting mountain lion in California. Btw, Jay Leno rates right up there with Rosie O'Fatass and Ted Kennedy in my book ... much prefer to watch Dave Letterman. Just my .02

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Loud Cloud... I usually don't care for Leno either, I just catch his monolog on occasion, but can't stand Letterman much at all, especially his music man. I miss Johnny Carson, and never seen Leno for years after, until about a year ago. ~~~Suluuq

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rusty-Gunn:<BR><STRONG>...... but can't stand Letterman much at all, especially his music man.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] Yes, his music man is SPECIAL. But ... he's Canadian ... I can live with that! Jay Leno hails from (s i g h .....) Milwaukee, WI. [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img]

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
FYI, i remember that Bush Sr. quit the NRA after one of their letters or something referred to the ATF as "jack booted thugs".

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a picture clipped from the newspaper, of Ole Slick Willy returning from a so-called duck hunt (i.e. photo-op), with some guy (guide? secret service?) carrying his gun and Bill carrying a couple ducks. It was on the wall at work, an irony as art sort of thing, but it has disappeared. I work at a University, bastion of the liberal bed-wetter (isn't it amazing how the simplest minds are often the most educated?), and stuff like that is deemed terribly offensive - anything intended to make fun of The Almighty Bill, glorifying the killing of God's creatures, that sort of thing, so it doesn't last long sometimes. Same thing happened to my sign outside my door that read "These Premises Protected by Smith and Wesson Salesman Deterrent Device." That one only lasted a few days. -al

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wasn't Jimmy Carter into killing rabbits with primitive weapons, AKA, boat paddles? Or was he just scared sh*tless at the sight of a swimming bunny, killing it before it climbed on board and wreaked havoc with his Secret Service fishing guide?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember Slick Willie doing a little Dear calling. His call went something like...<BR>Hey baby,Leader of the free world here,why don't you slide over here and give me some sugar [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img]

James
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FDR, the whole-hog liberal, was not only a huunter, but had a large collection of birds he had shot and mounted himself. Somewhere in the last fifty years it became unfashionable for the liberal elite to kill.<BR>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bill didn't shoot the duck. He just acted like the great white hunter. An NRA rated A+ Democrat from OK? Brewster? I think, is the guy who shot it. My brother guided the guy on a pheasant hunt a few years ago- he was deadly on anything in the air.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The best thing about Slick Willie's duck hunt is that whoever provided his gun gave him a Benelli--basically the same model that his administration wanted to ban because it was dangerous. God, I'm glad he's gone. Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.