Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by steve4102

Why the need for a Creedmoore when the 6.5 Swede loaded to equal pressures exceeds the Creed in velocity with less compression?

Show me factory or "loading manual data" that has the 6.5X55 loaded to the same pressure as the 6.5 Creed in a variety of bullet wts. using readily available powders..
BTW I have both the 6.5X55 (8) and the 6.5 Creed (1) along with several .260's..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Creedmoor was engineered from it's inception to load long, high B.C. bullets close to the lands and still fit in a short action magazine. It also has the correct case head measurement for standard production rifles.

The company that introduced it looked at what was available in it's class and what was problematic with those cartridges and then engineered a case that would bypass those issues. Then they produced it, promoted it, and they fully support it.
What a breath of fresh air compared to some maker's introductions.

It is simply the easiest answer to what the shooting world demands today.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Why the need for a Creedmoore when the 6.5 Swede loaded to equal pressures exceeds the Creed in velocity with less compression?

Could factories safely produce your load and sell them with the knowledge of older military rifles so chambered that do not meet today's engineering or metallurgy standards?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I think a lot of guys talk up the Creed, because they know it bothers other guys. Is that a possibility? There are probably guys bragging on the Creed that haven’t seen one.

I killed a coyote at six miles away with my Creedmoor!!! 😎

Last edited by hanco; 10/10/18.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by johnw

Could factories safely produce your load and sell them with the knowledge of older military rifles so chambered that do not meet today's engineering or metallurgy standards?

I've wonder why they don't update cartridges to modern pressures myself. They did it with the 30-06 so why not the 6.5x55 or .257 Roberts. I'm sure there are others that could be uploaded to safe pressures for modern guns. The 30-06 doesn't have a warning not to use it in guns made in 1906, but then they might not have a reason for new cartridges.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses.

Politics is War by Other Means
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
If you have a swede is there any reason to get a CM? Maybe not, unless you want semi auto.

If you were like me and didn't have a swede and wanted something new, why not the CM? Short action, low recoil, common ammo in bolt or AR platform.

I didn't get it because I thought it was better than everything else, I got it as a low recoil .308 alternative.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why not just simplify everything.......when I was growing up, I knew a lot of people who only owned 2 guns.........a 22 rifle for hog killing and maybe squirrel hunting, and a 12 gauge shotgun for everything else. Some of them probably packed a pistol, but didn't advertise it if they did.

Admittedly, we don't need the choices in cartridges that we have available, just like we don't need all the different options on our cars and trucks, our homes, our clothes, our food, and just about anything else you can think of. But, those of us who like rifles appreciate the choices we have, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor, and I like it, because I wanted a flat shooting, low recoiling deer cartridge that would work in a short action rifle. It fits that description to a "T".........but so do several others, that would also work just as well, and I'll use some of those too.

Last edited by JamesJr; 10/10/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To market more guns and ammo?

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's the 22-250 all growed up and matured.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because it is cooler to say "Creedmoor than Swede". I kind of like the ring of "Ought Six" myself, and it kind of makes both of the others "un-necessary".

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why all the pussy hurt over a brass case.

LOL
Actually the reason I asked was my son has a wild hair up his ass to by a new rifle.

He is talking CM.

He already has. Stainless Wood In 6.5 Swede and I have a CZ Full Stock in Swede that he will inherit shorty.

Besides being Short action what does the CM bring to his table. I thought maybe you guys could identify some CM advantages I could pass on to him.
Yes, we both handload

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably nothing to the table for a handloader with two Swedes that fill the same slot. I've got a 700 sporter I like in 260 and likely wouldn't feel compelled to buy its clone in Creedmoor, but if the rifle was different enough and offered something else (aesthetics, intended role, etc.) then I can certainly see having multiple rifles in similar chamberings. There are likely guys here with half a dozen 308 rifles, with none of them being very similar except for the stamp on the barrel.

Now with even more aplomb
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
1:8 twist from the factory . do a 8 twist 260 and see what happens .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because a lot of people like having the newest, latest and fastest , whether it's cartridges, cars, bass boats, motorcycles, whatever.

If they have the money and it's fun for them, who are we to complain?

Last edited by jnyork; 10/10/18.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I give up, what happens?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heads will explode when the new 27 CM hits the market.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Creedmoor" sounds mystical & cool, kinda like "Nitro Express" smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys approach the rifle/cartridge questions from different angles so it is a given that the answers are going to vary.

Human nature being what it is, there will always be some in most any discussion who participate primarily to denigrate the next guy’s choice.

Personally, I like bullets leaving the muzzle at 3400 FPS minimum and I’m willing to carry a heavier rifle if that is what is required, so the Creedmore interests me not at all.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why all the pussy hurt over a brass case.

LOL
Actually the reason I asked was my son has a wild hair up his ass to by a new rifle.

He is talking CM.

He already has. Stainless Wood In 6.5 Swede and I have a CZ Full Stock in Swede that he will inherit shorty.

Besides being Short action what does the CM bring to his table. I thought maybe you guys could identify some CM advantages I could pass on to him.
Yes, we both handload

The Creedmoor was engineered from it's inception to load long, high B.C. bullets close to the lands and still fit in a short action magazine. It also has the correct case head measurement for standard production rifles.

The company that introduced it looked at what was available in it's class and what was problematic with those cartridges and then engineered a case that would bypass those issues. Then they produced it, promoted it, and they fully support it.
What a breath of fresh air compared to some maker's introductions.

It is simply the easiest answer to what the shooting world demands today.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.