Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wouldn't think of trying to change anyone's mind. I simply won't purchase it. (But that doesn't mean I, and a lot of other folks evidently, can't express an opinion about it.)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Let's spend a couple weeks talking about this one.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
grin Be a nice rifle if it had some bluing,and the wood wasn't all cracked to hell ,POS !!! i dont care what foreign country your from or Planet for that matter,when the wood is cracked from end to end ,and absolutely "NO" bluing its a POS !!!!!! crazy crazy

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
My 800,000 R turned 65 along with me Monday Oct 1.Both born 1953.It look's better than me for it's age smile [Linked Image]

Last edited by sqweeler; 10/04/18.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Good point! How many of US look good for our age...?

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I look damn good.

laugh

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Let's spend a couple weeks talking about this one.

We're talking about the seller more than the gun.

Last edited by Fireball2; 10/04/18.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Even so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He put a gun up for sale............................Showed pictures of ALL the visible damage,,,,,,,,the gun is NOT a collector unless you collect parts and I don't think any of us will be on it unless you are going to patch and paint it. Discussions such as this causes lots of head pain from violent shaking. smirk smirk

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Well, don't take it too seriously, LBK, and your head won't hurt so much!

I like to think that discussions like this, taken in aggragate, can't help but sharpen up descriptions on stuff sold via the internet. There are a lot of clueless but well meaning people out there who will maybe create less painful ads if they read such commentary. It can't hurt in that respect, but only help.

Gossiping, breast beating, ranting is a human trait. Taking umbrage is also to be human. The trick is to let it go when done, and some are better at that than others. A keen sense of humor helps also. The world is full of humorless people who haven't cracked a smile in ages and take themselves way too seriously. We live and are then gone in the blink of a cosmic eye, why make it worse by failing to laugh along the way?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Let’s take a look at this post. When I just checked there were 790 views. Some of those views are redundant and represent multiple views by same individuals. Some of those views also represent guys who participated in the thread and who popped in at times without writing anything (of the 790 views there are only 16 participants). But I can’t help thinking that the majority of those views were from guys who opened up the topic and didn’t participate in the discussion. Of those guys there may be a high percentage of folks new to the Savage 99 and who may stand to benefit from the above entries. Not participating is okay too but when I jump into a discussion topic I always keep in mind that there are a lot of others out there who are listening and not talking. And that’s okay and I always hope that there’s something educational to be had for the new guys in that group.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by shrapnel

36 pictures and full disclosure on the description, where is this guy trying to misrepresent that gun? You may not agree but he isn’t trying to fool anyone...

“Savage 99 .250-3000; pre-war; manufactured in 1926. In original un-restored condition. The rifle is in great shape giving its age. Bore looks excellent, and the stock has some cracks Please look at the pictures and ask questions before bidding.”

I couldn't agree more. NO RESERVE. If you don't like it or agree, simple pass. No need to post the listing and tar and feather seller. Ask 10 people for description, get 12 different answers. Pictures trump any verbiage. Perspective is greatly objectionable. Case closed.

Last edited by oldotter; 10/05/18.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
To no one in particular, maybe your corset is too tight.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You mean, "Loosen up Sandy Baby"? Does anyone outside Washington DC remember that quote?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with shrapnel on this deal.

U a bad bad naughty poster fireball! Me thinks u had a 250 that was morphed into a 30/30?

It reminds me of wanting too sell some used irrigation pipe, my cattle/ mules had pretty much stomped it into spaghetti.

The irrigation dealer told me. " this is a multi level economy, there will always be a buyer for your pipe!"

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep, there’s always a buyer for just about anything. But still there’s nothing wrong with calling bologna bologna, especially when the seller is trying to call it steak!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
can't fix stupid...on another note, if a gun is brand new, is it important to know what year made (not referring to collectable's) I have had a few that I never got around to shooting.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I agree with shrapnel on this deal.

U a bad bad naughty poster fireball! Me thinks u had a 250 that was morphed into a 30/30?

It reminds me of wanting too sell some used irrigation pipe, my cattle/ mules had pretty much stomped it into spaghetti.

The irrigation dealer told me. " this is a multi level economy, there will always be a buyer for your pipe!"

I'm in the market for stomped irrigation pipe. If it won't buff out you can always ceracoat it. Does it fit in a flat rate box? What does it weigh? Photos?

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would shy away from something that is only in "good condition for it's age", I think you would really be taking a chance... I'd stick to "USED EXCELLENT CONDITION" of "museum quality" (stated later in the description).

MAGAZINE-22-Caliber/202434026320

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A full, very detailed description so you will know exactly what you are getting -

" Rare 1908 Savage Arms Company manufactured in Utica, New York
Tested and checked by gunsmith
22 caliber 5 round museum quality magazine
This magazine accepts 22 short, 22 long and 22 long rifle rounds
The spring has been tested and has very strong tension and is in excellence overall condition as evidenced by the photos of the actual magazine you will receive
Patina has collected over 5o years and adds to the value
Auction value has been estimated at $75
SOLD WITH NO RESERVE!
"

Gene
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I’d buy that!

"Klaatu barada nikto"

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It would go well with that rat rod you showed me, Jeff!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 21, 52 invisible), 14,915 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,172
Posts18,543,017
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.