Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Absolutely.

With equal rights, comes equal responsibilities.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Well, one counterpoint congruent with your thoughts? There be more wimmen than men in America, maybe the herd needs to be thinned? Could we arrange for segregated combat units? Call 'em Survivors and Expendables?

Segregation is one of the only practical ideas for putting women in the military. If everyone in the unit is the same size and strength, one can carry their squad mate out of harm's way. Weapons would be tailored for the smaller, lighter, maybe weaker members of the service. Rifles, hand grenades, batteries, all lighter. One of the justifications for putting females into harm's way is that the future war is a "push-button" war. Until it isn't.

If not segregated, there will be a lot of lousy lookouts and pregnant soldiers.

Mothers, wives, and daughters of servicemen understand the cost of war. Why add them to the body count?

Potential military services does not necessarily mean inclusion in front line units. When women are included in combat units, either integrated for women only, casualties increase 40-60%. I consider that a sub-optimal result.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell yes. No pay or gender gap. No modified PT. No getting preggo to avoid deployment. No tears. No time outs.

Equal opportunity employment baby.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

If that were to ever happen it seems like in keeping with the equality thing there would need to be an anonymous selection method without identifying genders and the MOS and duty placement would go according to military needs first.

Personal opinion, I'm against it on principle but if they would ever go back to the old type women's military branches and duty assignments I could be okay with trying a female draft.

Either way though I'd imagine the military wold probably be dealing with a significant increase in trainee pregnancies as well as other female specific maladies.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
No

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If the Feminist crap is ever going to be laid to rest, women are going to have to experience what they're clamoring for.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Comfort womerns corps

Is that you Unknown Hinson?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When the courts rule that the draft must treat all as equals regardless of gender...the draft will go away.
I think it has already done that.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Who is gonna make all the samwiches for the fighting men?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Who is gonna make all the samwiches for the fighting men?

That would be Ameriqual, Sopakco, and Wornick.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by slumlord
Comfort womerns corps

Is that you Unknown Hinson?

you caught me grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
I think everyone should register and all should do some service for their country according to their ability. Agree no on incapable of fighting should be in a fighting unit. That said all units COULD end up in a fight SOMEWHERE. The military isn't the only way we need work done. But if you haven't sacrificed ANYTHING for your country do you know the cost of freedom and what your country stands for? Flame away, it is only my opinion. I'll stand and fight over it if need be. I don't mean on the interwebs.

Well said. I'm a vet, one of my twin daughters is a 12yr Air National Guard vet ( Spanish Translator/Spook Unit). "Everyone" should serve at minimum 2 yrs, whether in Active Military/Forestry Service/or Urban Police auxiliary/National guard disaster relief...whatever. I'm not holding my breath that will ever happen in my lifetime. One big reason...Presidentially pardoned draft dodgers have "set the precedent"....anyone has the right to leave this country, the right way, but burn their bridges the wrong way. No DD should have ever been allowed back in, including Hanoi Jane (she didn't get to NV by accident on a Road Trip). But look what happened...shameful.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 10/12/18.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nope, but all the illegals should!!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I agree big guy...they get a 6yr hitch, and have to learn English in the first year they're there. Honorable Service = full citizenship. (Wait, don't they already have this opportunity?)

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I agree big guy...they get a 6yr hitch, and have to learn English in the first year they're there. Honorable Service = full citizenship. (Wait, don't they already have this opportunity?)

Jim,

I'm not in favor a making everyone serve. Keep the force all volunteer, so everyone there WANTS to be there, except in extreme periods of war that we haven't seen in 70 years.

If however a foreign national wished to become an American Citizen, so long as they are able to pass the ASVAB, I'm all for granting it after six years of service.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Well, one counterpoint congruent with your thoughts? There be more wimmen than men in America, maybe the herd needs to be thinned? Could we arrange for segregated combat units? Call 'em Survivors and Expendables?

Fugk & yes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Being in the medical corps in the Army, we had plenty of women....

a good percentage of them were useless at their job...

get attached to a field unit and that was even moreso...

had to go to the field with one female on the Medical Team...
she was new and had what I called Hooker Fingernails... long and painted red..

she was fat and dumpy.... First Sgt told her to cut her nails down to a working length,
and no red nail polish.. she was in the Army...

She refused and went to the Colonel and AG to file a discrimination charge against the 1 st SGT....

women bring in stupid schitt like that...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Absolutely.

+1

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They should absolutely register and be eligible to be drafted. Women want to be equal in everything and not being required to register diminishes that equality. Israel requires Jewish women to serve 18 months in the military

Texas bred and born
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Only the lieberal ones.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,059
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.