-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hi, folks. This is a duplicate of a message that I also posted up on the main forum.

Beginning on Thursday this week, and continuing through Sunday, Barak and I will once again be inside a men's maximum-security prison, doing Kairos. I will be in a separate part of the prison (away from the inmates) with about 8 others, in the old officers' dining room kitchen, cooking the food for those 3 1/2 days. Barak, however, will be shoulder-to-shoulder with the inmates. This prison houses the "worst of the worst" in our state. Prayers for protection... both physical and spiritual... will be much appreciated.

You know that it's a tough place when a standard part of the security talk that is given to the volunteers includes "What to do if you're taken hostage." eek However, both Barak and I know that this is where God wants us to be, and we are at peace with that.

Thanks, everyone!

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have prayed for a special annointing and covering for those ministering to these men and for those ministering to the ministers, in Jesus name. I have also prayed for a special blessing for all of you. I would also like to offer my humble thanks for all of your efforts to bring Christ where He is needed greatly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Ricky. If even one man is saved, imagine the rejoicing in Heaven! laugh And I'm sure that God has plans for a lot more than one... He always does.

So many of these men are young, very angry, and violent. Imagine what it must be like to be lacking the peace of God, and in its place carry around anger and hatred. What a miserable life! They are in prison both spiritually and physically.

Hopefully they will see that they can indeed be free, even if they are still physically incarcerated. John 8:36 "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

Penny
Luke 4:18-19

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Penny,

We will be praying for you guys. You are doing a great ministry.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
mercy.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My prayers are added. If you can, please report back next week.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
My prayers are added. If you can, please report back next week.

Will do. If Barak takes our laptop with him, he will be able to report day-by-day in the evening after we've left the prison for the day.

Penny

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

If Barak takes our laptop with him, he will be able to report day-by-day in the evening after we've left the prison for the day.

Penny

Good! That would also serve as an extra prayer reminder.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Praying from Canada, too.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I will keep you and hubby in prayer Sister Barak. I worked for many years in a county jail so I know that ONLY Christ can really change a life. Man's "rehab" just doesn't cut it.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
IC B3

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Will be praying for you..

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Penny, I have prayed and will for both you and Barak..
Psalm 91.
Interesting site on the Kairos ministry.I prayerfully read it all.

Good that recidivism rate among those who have been recipients of the Kairos volunteers ministries and efforts is less than the usual prison populace.

This ststement was impressed upon me for comment by our Holy Spirit from the Kairos site:

"By bringing the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ into prison, Kairos is widely recognized as a highly effective program to positively change inmate attitudes. "

While I know that this is the opening message we are given to minister as we follow Christ as His servants and proclaim His good news..., I saw nothing on the Kairos site concerning the new Life IN Christ, His power to renew mind, heal, and transform those loved and forgiven into New Creations ( YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN) IN Him so they never need be in bondage to sin or failure again. Jim

note:

Please consider this description and words of our Lord describing those loved enought to be forgiven and delivered,

but who have not been shown OR RECEIVED the New Life in Christ and His indwelling Spirit after they have been purged from their failures and sins:

Mat 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth [it] empty, swept, and garnished.

Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My prayers are with you and Barak. And may the Holy Spirit open hearts and minds.

George

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that Barak and I are posting updates up on the "Hunter's Campfire" forum. The thread has the same title, "Prayer Request."

Thank you again for all your prayers!

Penny

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 61 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,126
Posts18,502,480
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.