Page 65 of 85 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 84 85
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4.5 miles with Tiny E- little slower than normal with 5" of snow smile

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Roof day #2, same as yesterday, removing plywood and replacing it. It'll take 2 more days of carpentry, maybe 2.5, then on to the underlayment, at which point I'm dried-in, then the roof panels start going up. It'll be nice to be dried-in; I'm a little exposed here, haha. Roofing in October <slaps forehead>.... oy...... was just so crazy busy all summer. Well, the forecast is holding. Knock on wood.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
hill workout with Tiny E-4.5 miles, 1200' in the first mile; some of the snow is gone, but if you look in the very background of the second pic, you can see the Elkhorns which appear to have a lot of snow left

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dixie ( woman doing the CDT my wife has been following) better hurry! I think she's about 300 miles from Canada... The Bob still ahead.

Day 3 on the roof. Same/same. Whipped.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 10/11/18.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Jeff- she's in for a tough time I'm afraid; both the Bob and Glacier have seen some pretty significant snows

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oops- guess she's finished. I forget there's a lag time from when she posts her vids vs. where she's at physically. Last one I watched must've been the beginnings of these snows; they were getting hit by squalls etc. She's done the AT, PCT, and now CDT.

Headed up the roof here soon. Yep, soon. Real soon, I'm headed up that roof.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
good deal- someone attempting now would need snowshoes (and then some)

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
7 miles in the snow with Tiny Elvis- he doesn't seem to mind smile

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Day 4. Carpentry part about done; 24-1/2 panels of 1/2" ply (sic) removed/replaced, and gable fascia installed. A little cleanup up there tomorrow morning, then the underlayment goes on, and I'm dried-in. I'm head to toe whipped.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
more winter like conditions here; 5 miles and 1500' of gain for Tiny Elvis and I

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Half day yesterday, got the roof dried in, then watched my Ducks win.

Starting with the metal panels today so back to some heavy awkward liftin'.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
4 miles with Tiny E on a very brisk afternoon; enough snow in the mountains that I might be snowshoeing tomorrow smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Got half the roof panels (12) up! They are 15' long and approx 3' wide so it was a great upper body workout moving them around and, of course, getting them up on the roof solo. And any time on a roof is a fantastic leg/hip/core thing so, feelin' pretty good.

Planning a big day on the ocean tomorrow, it forecasts as calm "enough". We are thinking of going out of our normal port (Depoe) then going ~ 10 miles north.... it'd be the furthest I've been from safe harbor in my little boat, by a long shot. Buddy is waffling a bit. If he bails I'll just stay close to Depoe and target bottom fish.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Got half the roof panels (12) up! They are 15' long and approx 3' wide so it was a great upper body workout moving them around and, of course, getting them up on the roof solo. And any time on a roof is a fantastic leg/hip/core thing so, feelin' pretty good.

Planning a big day on the ocean tomorrow, it forecasts as calm "enough". We are thinking of going out of our normal port (Depoe) then going ~ 10 miles north.... it'd be the furthest I've been from safe harbor in my little boat, by a long shot. Buddy is waffling a bit. If he bails I'll just stay close to Depoe and target bottom fish.

Depoe bay is where my in-laws are from, beautiful area. My wife says the best saltwater taffy comes from there.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Depoe bay is where my in-laws are from, beautiful area. My wife says the best saltwater taffy comes from there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's supposedly the safest way out into the open ocean on the whole west coast, so it's been my buddy since my boat is not really an ocean boat, name notwithstanding (Sea Runner). The geology of that spot is pretty unique. Tiny little harbor, and you motor out through a NARROW channel in hard rock. Somehow, things then transition to the ocean without a bar crossing in the normal sense; since there's no river or big bay there, this is partly because there's not a lot of tidal transfer happening, which is a big part of bar effect (I'm told, ain't an expert by any stretch!) smile

It's a really pretty spot on the planet.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is at Depot... couple ling cod! They are big, truly delicious fish and hyper-aggressive; just a blast. You can really see the fish (and the teeth!) in my left hand. That's a small one, 23" or so. The fish in my right hand is much bigger.

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
we have ling cod in Montana; poor man's lobster is what they are affectionately called

day off so hit the gym

deadlifts 3/3/3+, overhead press 3/3/3+, weighted lunges 3x 50 yds, chin-ups 3x11, core

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
nice to be working part time smile. 5 miles on the trails with Tiny Elvis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Googled those... interesting fish! Not the same thing, but very cool.

Our ling cod are neither a ling nor a cod.... don't know the reason for the name.

Lost the only salmon I hooked today........ right at the boat..... to a [bleep] SEAL! The jerk rappeled down from
chopper with a knife between his teeth and.... haha... nah, but it was one of the crazier things I've seen. The fish was fighting normally, then must've seen the seal, and peeled off several FIERCE runs. When I got him within sight, we suddenly see this 6-foot shape go flying by after the fish.... incredibly fast.... all hell broke loose, the fish is going crazy like I've never seen, and it headed under the boat, peeling 65-lb braided from my reel like a much bigger fish.... buddy tried to whack the seal with the net to no avail.... it all happened really fast... and the seal caught it. Bit my leader, game over.

There might've been a few cuss words. smile

We just bay fished, so no real workout occurred.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 65 of 85 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 84 85

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,516
Posts18,509,571
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.