Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by joken2

You and now Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren, too?

"Senator Elizabeth Warren has released a DNA test that provides “strong evidence’’ she had a Native American in her family tree dating back 6 to 10 generations."

Read the results of Warren’s DNA test

I wonder if that was a mail in sample, or the good professor drew the blood himself?

Pocahontas would never pay for a DNA sample that was of blood draw from a real Indian, Right? laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pocahontas" Warren turns out to be picohontis warren. just like we thought. i have more native dna in a fart than she does in her entire body.
even if she was 100 percent she would still be a batshitcrazybitch!
just my opinion.

Last edited by deerstalker; 10/15/18.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You and now Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren, too?

"Senator Elizabeth Warren has released a DNA test that provides “strong evidence’’ she had a Native American in her family tree dating back 6 to 10 generations."

Read the results of Warren’s DNA test

I wonder if that was a mail in sample, or the good professor drew the blood himself?

Pocahontas would never pay for a DNA sample that was of blood draw from a real Indian, Right? laugh

Most of the tests use saliva, not blood, for the DNA sample. I have a small percentage of Native American ancestry, probably more than Warren. But I sure wouldn't claim to be a Native American like she did.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by satx78247
Ringman,

That sounds like that you are a "good 'ole American mutt" like most of us.

Fyi, I'm of English, Scots, Irish & NA ancestry. = Our family was BANISHED from the UK to "the colonies" in the early 1600s & intermarried with the local Amer-Indians EARLY in VA, NC & SC.
(POCAHONTAS, daughter of deep Stream & Little fawn was my 14th Grandmother, through her youngest daughter, Cleopatra Rolfe-Smith.)

yours, tex

I wish I was a mutt. I had mine done by ancestry.com and I came back 100 percent Celtic (Irish/Scottish - it did not differentiate). Fortunately, my kids have more genetic diversity.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
She's basically just reaffirming to everyone that she's batschit crazy. Rubber room insane.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
She's basically just reaffirming to everyone that she's batschit crazy. Rubber room insane.

All liberals are. Some are worse than others.

But liberalism is abnormal. We were born of this earth with the instinct to survive, and take care of ourselves and our clan. The entire liberal philosophy is against God, nature, and human instinct...

No wonder hey are so angry and unhappy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine came back 99.05% good looking, we're not sure about that one person, but who cares, they're dead.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Mine came back 99.05% good looking, we're not sure about that one person, but who cares, they're dead.

Don't sweat it as even your ugly ancestors managed to get laid at least once, so there is still hope for you.

ps. I have been hanging out to use that line on someone!

Last edited by JSTUART; 10/15/18.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
6 to 10 generations back?

10 generations back gives you 1024 ancestors, just in that generation. And one of them might have been Native America ?

That would leave the bitch less than 1/10 of 1% NA. There is not any DNA profile around which is that accurate.

Can not read the linked report, because I am not on Facebook.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
you know , videos like this makes me wonder , may be evolution hasn't stopped yet,

https://www.facebook.com/eliana.zap.../?type=2&video_source=user_video_tab

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
6 to 10 generations back?

10 generations back gives you 1024 ancestors, just in that generation. And one of them might have been Native America ?

That would leave the bitch less than 1/10 of 1% NA. There is not any DNA profile around which is that accurate.

Can not read the linked report, because I am not on Facebook.

Facebook account not needed: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/po...a-test/mBPi8QxENhtHHTP2B1fFBO/story.html

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
hanco,

It has been generally known in our family for over 125 years, that we have a "parallel branch" of the family that has "considerable" African blood. = In 1872, one of my G-G-Grandfather's brothers, after the untimely death of his young wife in childbirth, took his wife's 23YO "ladies maid" into his bed and had at least 4 children by her, until his death about a decade later.
(Sabina Divalle, was a "redbone"/quadroon, i.e., a "mixed blood woman of White, American Indian & African ancestry", from a family of "freeborn Blacks" from New Orleans & is said to have been a "stunningly beautiful woman". - After her lover died, she was said to have gone each day to sit weeping by his grave & pray for him, until her own passing at about 70YO. = Sabina was, in all but law, his wife while he lived & after his death was regarded in the local community as his widow.)

Such young women, who were lovers of men to whom they never married (but were usually deeply in love with), are known to LA history as "PLACEE(s)."
(Under LA laws of that era, a man was forbidden to marry his Placee BUT her children were his lawful children & shared his estate. A man, who "took a Placee by contract", was bound to her for life & had to provide for her & her children at least as well as he did his "white" family, IF he had a wife/children. = The visable symbol of her "life-long bond" to "her patron" was a heavy golden chain, which had to be cut-off to be removed, that was worn around one ankle.)
Note: A classmate of mine, when I was at Tulane, was the granddaughter of a Placee & she said that, in her research for a grad school sociology monograph, that FEW Placees in the 19th & 20th Centuries, after the death of her patron, ever married. = Ella said, "These women saw themselves as bound FOREVER "for Earthly life and Eternity" to the man, whom their family had given them to by contract. In some ways, being a Placee was regarded in Louisiana as MORE permanent than a marriage, in that marriage could be broken by divorce but being a Placee was for life & beyond."

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
IdahoShooter,

Fyi, The Mohawk Nation got "FAUXCAHONTAS" DNA off a coffee cup & had her DNA done by a certified lab in 2014. = The Mohawks also did her family history back to the 16th Century & later stated that, "Elizabeth Warren has NO Native blood whatever. She is solely of English & German ancestry" AND "Ms. Warren is about 'the whitest person' in America."

Fwiw, I certainly TRUST the Mohawks far more than "LYING LIZ" Warren.

yours, tex.

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Zero in mine, as it should be

Sam......

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You guys do know those labs can tell you anything....... and how do you know? smile

(signed) Debbie Downer

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unless the test was performed anonymously by a disinterested third party, you can bet it's BS.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pure WASP here.

Majority is English/Scottish, some Irish with 17% Viking invader and various traces from "Northern Europe". Raised as a Presbyterian, father was an elder in the church. I was born in Florida and adopted at birth but identifiable genetic ancestry going back to the 1840's seems to be situated in Georgia and South Carolina.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

https://www.apnews.com/308188da734f404e9c2aa5988dd5ba74

NEW YORK (AP) — About 60 percent of the U.S. population with European heritage may be identifiable from their DNA by searching consumer websites, even if they’ve never made their own genetic information available, a study estimates.

And that number will grow as more and more people upload their DNA profiles to websites that use genetic analysis to find relatives, said the authors of the study released Thursday by the journal Science.

The use of such databases for criminal investigations made headlines in April, when authorities announced they’d used a genetic genealogy website to connect some crime-scene DNA to a man they then accused of being the so-called Golden State Killer, a serial rapist and murderer.

In general, such searches begin on a site by finding a relative linked to a DNA sample. Then sleuths can use other information like published family trees, public records and lists of survivors in obituaries, plus whatever they know about the person whose DNA began the process. They can build their own speculative family trees. Eventually, that can point to someone whose DNA is then found to match the original sample.

With DNA databases “you need just a minute fraction of the population to really identify many more people,” said Yaniv Erlich of Columbia University, an author of the study.

Each person in a DNA database acts “as a beacon that illuminates hundreds of distant relatives,” said Erlich, who is also chief scientific officer of the MyHeritage website.

His paper focused on Americans of European descent because such people are over-represented in DNA databases, which makes it easier to find relatives.

The researchers started with the 1.28 million participants on the MyHeritage site at the time they did the work. Most had a northern European genetic background. For each, they looked for relatives more distant than first cousins elsewhere in the database.

About 60 percent of the time, they found someone whose genetic similarity was at least equal to that of a third cousin, similar to the degree of relatedness that led to the Golden State Killer suspect. Third cousins share great-great-grandparents.

With some basic assumptions about what kind of data would be available for a criminal suspect, the researchers calculated they could pare down the possible identity of the initial person to just 16 or 17 people. That’s limited enough that police could zero in with further investigation, Erlich said.

Erlich and his co-authors suggested that such searches could cast a broader net in the near future. A database with DNA profiles of just 2 percent of a population is enough to match nearly everybody with somebody who’s as closely related as a third cousin, researchers said. From that, they calculated that the genetic profiles of about 3 million Americans of European descent could deliver the equivalent of a third cousin for more than 90 percent of that ethnic grouping.

Websites are getting very close to that, said Erlich, noting that MyHeritage now has more than 1.75 million participants. He said the website does not allow forensic searches.

Two DNA experts unconnected to the study said third and fourth cousins can both lead to identifications.

“Because the average person has so many of these distant cousins, it becomes reasonably probable that one or more of them is in a publicly searchable database, even if only a small fraction of the U.S. population is included,” Graham Coop and Michael Edge of the University of California, Davis, wrote in a statement to The Associated Press.

“The fact that most suspects could be identified in this way is predictable” from mathematical calculations, and the new paper provides a convincing demonstration, they said.

However, the work raises important policy questions, they said. Should anyone other than law enforcement be allowed to conduct such searches? And under what circumstances should they be permitted?

“How should we react to the fact that the decisions of our fourth cousins, whom one may never have met, affect one’s privacy?” they asked.

In an interview, Edge noted that when people add their DNA profiles to a publicly searchable genealogy site, “they’re not necessarily thinking about the genetic privacy of their distant relatives.”

Amy McGuire, a professor of biomedical ethics at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, said that police searches using DNA and genealogy websites have sometimes pointed to an incorrect person.

“You would hope ... the victim of the false lead can be easily cleared” by providing DNA, she said. “But you still have some invasion into that person’s personal life by being investigated.”

Some people would say that’s worth it to aid the cause of justice, but others “would find that very distressing,” she added.

McGuire said there’s an active legal debate about whether police should be able to “go on a fishing expedition” using DNA genealogy websites without a warrant.

She recently published a survey that suggests most people support letting police search genetic genealogy databases. But support was much higher for investigations involving violent crimes and crimes against children than for nonviolent crimes.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

https://www.apnews.com/308188da734f404e9c2aa5988dd5ba74

NEW YORK (AP) — About 60 percent of the U.S. population with European heritage may be identifiable from their DNA by searching consumer websites, even if they’ve never made their own genetic information available, a study estimates.

if this is true , then you can narrow down the suspects to the 40% of population , because suspect was excluded by the 60% , right ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lieawatha is from the wannabe tribe.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,087
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.