Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Interesting that she didn't use 23andme or Ancestry.com or one of the common legitimate testing sites. Instead, she went shopping until she found a quack-doodle left wing Stanford professor. It's like doctor shopping until you get the result you want.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Y'all know my Angus, honorable #3 son.

What you don't know about him is that he's an Injun. So's KYHillChick. It seems that back in the day, the Acadian side of her Mom's family married into the Shawnee. There was this German (They called her "Dutch") woman that had been taken hostage. Tecumseh's father took her as a wife and produced issue which included an older half-sister to Tecumseh called Tecumapese. Tecumapese raised Tecumseh, and also acted as a foster mother to Tecumseh's various children. It was from Tecumapese's issue that a French Canadian hooked himself to the family down in New Madrid, MO and started multiplying and being fruitful. His name was D'Maisonville.

Just to give you a feel for what Fauxcahontas is claiming, the relation she's claiming was Native American would be at approximately the same spot on the family tree as D'Maisonville's bride in KYHillChick's lineage. At least that's the earliest it could be from the DNA results. It could also be as far back as the "Dutchwoman's" grandmother.

Somehow, I don't see KYHillChick or Angus going on the warpath any time soon.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Identity Politics
This is all that it is, Ms. Warren wants so badly to be identified as anything other than a 'white woman'.

FJB & FJT
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Who cares? Just proves one of her ancestors was looking for a warm wet spot or she has “absorbed” some dna on The Rez in her travels as previously suggested.

She’s just another left wing nutcase freely elected by the libtards who gave us Barney Frank, John Kerry, and the Kennedys.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If she has any Native American in her at all it is most likely showing up from Central and South America. This article makes perfect sense. My wife is from Peru and she took the Ancestry DNA test which showed her as 60% Native American.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/10/elizabeth-warren-dna-test/572998/

Has there ever been such an elaborate rollout for the results of a DNA test?

On Monday morning, Elizabeth Warren—Massachusetts senator, likely presidential candidate—unveiled a web page with five videos featuring interviews of family, friends, students, former colleagues, and the Stanford geneticist Carlos Bustamante. Republicans have for years accused Warren, a Democrat, of faking American Indian ancestry to advance her career. (There is no evidence she professionally benefited from it.) On the matter of her DNA, Bustamante tells her in the video, “the facts suggest that you absolutely have a Native American ancestor in your pedigree.”

Read: Is Elizabeth Warren Native American or what?

So here we are: A national politician has taken a DNA test to prove her heritage. To which President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly mocked Warren as “Pocahontas,” responded on Monday, “Who cares?”

It was Trump himself who purported to care. At a July rally, he said he’d toss Warren a DNA kit, even suggesting he would donate a million dollars to charity if she took it. (Trump today: “I didn’t say that. Nope, you better read it again.”) In 2016, Scott Brown, a Republican who lost his Massachusetts Senate seat to Warren, told reporters she should take a DNA test to prove her American Indian heritage.

Amid all these previous appeals to the supposed objectivity of DNA, experts repeatedly pointed out that genetics are not a final arbiter of American Indian identity. Tribal enrollment is based on tracing family directly to members of a tribe. Bustamante’s analysis found that Warren had enough DNA markers common in indigenous Americans that she likely had an ancestor six to 10 generations back, but DNA alone cannot identify those ancestors. Commercial tests like AncestryDNA that offer similarly vague results have been a recent source of frustration for tribal-enrollment offices.

“Members of the public have been showing up to tribal-enrollment offices and showing them ancestry DNA tests. And they’re like, ‘I don’t know what this is. Who are you trying to link?’” Kim TallBear, a professor at the University of Alberta, told me earlier this year. If you can’t find a living relative in a tribe, she added, what connection is there really? TallBear has commented before on the problems of using a DNA test to prove Warren is Cherokee.

With that in mind, Warren’s video tries to strike a careful balance. “I’m not enrolled in a tribe, and only tribes determine tribal membership. I understand and respect that distinction,” she says. She does not explicitly call herself American Indian or Native American, instead framing Trump’s attacks as hurtful because they made her mother out to be a liar.

Warren did not take a commercially available DNA test, but the analysis was done in a similar manner. A private lab in Georgia tested her sample, according to The Boston Globe, and Bustamante, a geneticist who has consulted for DNA-testing companies such as 23andMe, AncestryDNA, and Helix, analyzed the raw data. He compared more than 600,000 markers in her DNA with a database of people who live around the world.

Geneticists, however, have historically had a fraught relationship with American Indian tribes, and few members in North America have given samples for these databases. Instead, Bustamante compared Warren’s DNA with that of indigenous peoples in Mexico, Colombia, and Peru. Critics of Warren have already seized on this to question the validity of her DNA test—ironically, mirroring some of the skepticism of those who have been criticizing Republicans’ insistence that Warren get a DNA test all along.

Appeals to DNA’s authority have gone as far as they are politically convenient. When a gaggle of reporters asked Kellyanne Conway about Warren’s DNA test on Monday, she seemed to acknowledge as much: “I know that everybody likes to pick their junk science or sound science depending on the conclusion.”

The videos that Warren unveiled along with her DNA test also feature interviews with students and former colleagues attesting to her abilities as a teacher. Her web page links to a trove of employment documents showing ethnicity was not a factor in her professional rise. The point of all this is to counter the underlying charge that she benefited professionally from identifying as American Indian. By coincidence, the Los Angeles Times published a story Sunday that the family of House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a Republican from California, benefited from a program for minorities despite disputed ancestry.

In his attacks, Trump has managed two unprecedented political feats, getting Elizabeth Warren to take a DNA test and Barack Obama to release his birth certificate. Does the proof actually matter? Who does care?

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
if she thinks this will stop the pres from calling her pocahontas, she may be mistaken

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If her rallies are anything like Hillary's, they'll be plenty of open seats. I suggest that we all spread the word to go and start a cheering section, doing the Tomahawk Chop like good Atlanta Braves fans.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
phony-hontas

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 10/16/18.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Pinocchiohantas

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Both those old bitches would wear a Hitler mustache really well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by sse
Pinocchiohantas

I prefer Liawatha.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
more like "No-cahontas"

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
And says she's actually (something like) .00135624% Indian blood.

Yep, I have a helluva lot more than her.

From CNN article: ""While the vast majority of the individual's (Warren) ancestry is European," he (the researcher) concluded of Warren, "the results strongly support the existence of a Native American ancestor in the individual's pedigree, likely in the range of 6-10 generations ago."

OK, I don't believe she ever said she was 100% native America", but the test indicates she has some Indian blood. Family lore is a thing of storytelling throughout generations. My mother's family came to America from Holland in 1657 and settled in New Amsterdam (now Manhattan Island) - this is documented. But we have stories from their landing to the present for which there is not documentation - are they true or not? - No one knows.

A generation is considered to be about 30 years, so Warren's Indian heritage would date back about 180 to 300 years. It's a pretty thin blood line, but there is some credibility there. Since she apparently hadn't had a DNA test before this one, she may not have known how far back her ancestry goes.

I don't like Warren and wouldn't vote for her, but giving her some slack is not out of order.

Donald Trump, on the the other hand, inappropriately appropriated the Coat-of-Arms of the Davies family and claimed it for his own just changing the word "Integrity" to "Trump".

see: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/28/business/trump-coat-of-arms.html

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,569 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.