[Linked Image]

"Remember, men will be their lives on the work you do."
-Phillip Newsom
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What is the delivery time for bedding and installation of synthetic stock?

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Where's the weight coming from? I had an '06 mountain rifle in a ti stock, with a flip-flop recoil pad, talleys and a 6x36 leupold weighing a little less than 6lb 9oz. Not knocking it, but that stock and bottom metal combo must be heavy, as in close to 40oz for the two.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Chad, is the bottom metal aluminum with the Dakota steel footprint?

Robert

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Chad, I believe some folks need to calibrate their scales.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Guessing after looking at this thread again that this is an alaska ti so weight would be about right as they had the heavier stock and barrel profile. Also BM, as Chad did not indicate he did an adl to bdl conversion. Can’t see enough of the barrel to see flutes but they will be there if I am correct.
Nice clean workmanship.

C
C_Dixon Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
The barreled action is an OEM piece. Fluted and what I would call either a fat #2 or typical #3 contour. We don't often leave OEM barrels on receivers so my knowledge base on this stuff is weak. The floor metal is a SS piece made for us by Dakota Arms. I don't know who made the stock. I had a great deal of work in it. We filled it back up, machined out the pillars, and hit the reset button. New inletting, pillars, etc. Was kind of a bitch as the stock had a great deal of that foam crap in it. (the stuff that looks like what you use to seal up a single wide, lol)

As for the weight: Its the same scale that we use for postage. No, it's not a lab grade piece used to weigh out dope, but it works well enough for USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex. 6.6lbs. That's what it said so I'm sticking with it. For [bleep] n grins I threw a 1lb can of H110 on it. Unopened. 1lb, 2oz. is what it says. Dumping it out on a big legal folder and weighing the empty can says it weighs between 1.5 and 2oz.

So. There's that.

-Phillip Newsom
C
C_Dixon Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by RinB
What is the delivery time for bedding and installation of synthetic stock?

Were busting arse to get it back down to 120 days or less. Right now were still on a 180+ window. That is getting better by the day though. A year ago we bought another machine dedicated to stock work only. New fixturing, tool package, the works. I've been able to crank up the speeds and feeds considerably and its starting to reveal itself as a smart move. We've been working on revising our strategy around here to more closely emulate the "LEAN" business model theory. Tough up front for sure, but I do see a smidge of light in the tunnel.

All about doing a better job faster. A business is an awesome animal to feed and care for.

-Phillip Newsom
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Couldn't see the flutes in the photos, which would have betrayed the greater weight of the AK TI. Wasn't knocking the work, which looks phenomenal, it's just that the weight seemed out of whack for a TI and the older mountain-contour barrels (which are quite svelte).

I'm also not sure whose scale butchlambert suggests to have calibrated. Mine is a USPS postal scale as well, and I have no reason to doubt its accuracy.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Vek
Couldn't see the flutes in the photos, which would have betrayed the greater weight of the AK TI. Wasn't knocking the work, which looks phenomenal, it's just that the weight seemed out of whack for a TI and the older mountain-contour barrels (which are quite svelte).

I'm also not sure whose scale butchlambert suggests to have calibrated. Mine is a USPS postal scale as well, and I have no reason to doubt its accuracy.

Must be a goodin if it is a postal scale.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I appreciate your work and the high quality photos. Thanks for sharing.

C
C_Dixon Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by Vek

Must be a goodin if it is a postal scale.

Some people would complain about cold ice cream. . .

-Phillip Newsom

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (257 roberts, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 160user, 21, 48 invisible), 2,652 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,357
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.