Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Hurts like a SOB.

Those that have had the surgery, how long afterwards till you were good to go?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I “had” to be GTG three days after surgery due to a major ice storm that took out power and a number of trees around my driveway. Running the chainsaw sucked, but there wasn’t much choice at the time.

I went back to work after a week........that was also a mistake given where a gun belt rides relative to the healing incision.

Take it slowly, you’re retired!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had a double I didn't even realize I had other then some slight pain from time to time. 2 weeks before I went back to work, Dr wrote me out for 3 and about 2 months to be relatively comfortable. I had conventional surgery with mesh . Dr at the time would do either way but said it was a more successful outcome just cutting it.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by NH K9
I “had” to be GTG three days after surgery due to a major ice storm that took out power and a number of trees around my driveway. Running the chainsaw sucked, but there wasn’t much choice at the time.

I went back to work after a week........that was also a mistake given where a gun belt rides relative to the healing incision.

Take it slowly, you’re retired!

Hunting season starts on the 3rd, I'll get the wife to lift the deer into the UTV..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You hurting before or after surgery?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Does it have a “roll cage”?

Rope up over the top, back to the winch on the front.............reel it right into the body (I’m thinking Gator style)!

No lifting 😀

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had mine fixed this spring. Was off work a week and on light lifting for a month. It seems like it took a couple of months for the tightness to go away. No big deal if you do like the doc tells you.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

No surgery yet. Been a pain for the past month, but came on stronger the last few days. Surgeon appointment is coming up in a few days.

It's the nut pain that is a real pain.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had one repaired, it was done laparoscopically and I don't remeber much pain at all. Then again, mine didn't hurt before the surgery, sounds like mine wasn't as serious as yours.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

No surgery yet. Been a pain for the past month, but came on stronger the last few days. Surgeon appointment is coming up in a few days.

If you are hurting worse, you probably ought to go in now.

A hernia can cause strangulation of the intestine. It cuts the bloodflow off yo that part of the intestine, and it dies. Then the surgeon guts you, and inspects the rest of your intestines after cutting about 3-4 feet out in the dead area.

You don't want that.

You sure don't want the intestine rupturing either. They gut you completely and wash and clean all your intestines and clean you out inside, and put things back as best they can, and sew you up...

You don't want that either.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

A hernia can cause strangulation of the intestine. It cuts the bloodflow off yo that part of the intestine, and it dies. Then the surgeon guts you, and inspects the rest of your intestines after cutting about 3-4 feet out in the dead area.

You don't want that.

You sure don't want the intestine rupturing either. They gut you completely and wash and clean all your intestines and clean you out inside, and put things back as best they can, and sew you up...

This is right on!

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a repair 20 years ago.
The DR. did not use mesh, he used muscle, pulled over the repair.
Never an issue.
It will take several weeks to be able to do most things.
Do not neglect the laxative recommendations.
Follow the Dr instructions.
Straining is a bad thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m

You don't want that.

This is right on!

+1, could make you deathly ill.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You don't want that.

Good God! Don't sugar coat it, tell us how it really is!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i've had two inguinal and one abdominal. the first one i was born with and got fixed when i was a baby. the 2nd was when i was 20. that one was not bad. open incision and internal stitches with medical tape outside. i was sore for a week or so if i remember but it wasn't too bad. by far the worst was the abdominal. it was laproscopic and they poked 11 holes in me fixing that one. i was fuggen sore as hell for a while. but i didn't do any pain killers after the first day because they caused constipation which is not something you want to have when you have abdominal surgery.

i'd give it a day or so and then it will be just sore.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hurts like a SOB.

Those that have had the surgery, how long afterwards till you were good to go?

Had 2 repaired. Don’t be trick fuucckin for a month or so. Standard is taking it easy for 6 weeks which is what most employers recognize as the acceptable time frame.

One piece of advice:
Get it done.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Well they did an ultra sound on it today and they didn't seem overly concerned that I'm going to die in the next 24 hours.

It's not a constant thing, just when you do something wrong. A very pin point stinging pain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well they did an ultra sound on it today and they didn't seem overly concerned that I'm going to die in the next 24 hours.

It's not a constant thing, just when you do something wrong. A very pin point stinging pain

1. It won’t get any better
2. You ain’t getting any younger

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Oh, trust me, I'm getting the surgery the soonest they can schedule it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oh, trust me, I'm getting the surgery the soonest they can schedule it.

Well done and trust this, post operative, you’ve had hangovers worse than that. Laying around ain’t fun but it’s necessary. Do that,too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 57 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.