-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How long did it take you to come up with one? Thats the best you could come up with was "to" and "too", thats just sad. frown

I guess your ignore list must really be empty huh?

Tell ya what, lets make this easy, I'll put you on mine.

Last edited by mad_dog; 03/22/07.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, I only pointed out the obvious, pot, kettle, black.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK, all... A couple lines have been crossed and I did not keep track well while trying to untangle the basic argument and found nothing worth going back and researching...

So would the fine gentleman that listed another poster's name please edit it out, apologize and promise not to do it again? Those are basic rules here, period!

Now would the other fine gent edit the comments about the fat wife? Another thing we do not do here is bring another poster's family into the discussion, period!

What is this pesistent rumor about polite Canadians. eh? WHere are they?
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's too late..now we know who he is...someone may report him to the authorities now....hate mongering is against the law in this country....

Originally Posted By: kutenay
I think that we need a re-run of our great victory over the halfbreeds at Batoche; this time we will FINISH the job!

Where chugs and breeds are concerned, kill 'em all, let the Devil sort 'em out!!!

Last edited by CanuckShooter; 03/22/07.
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by mad_dog
This whole thread should be reported to a mod.

Blindside, quit trying to sound intelligent until you learn how to spell words correctly.

there you go. You take that tough spike collar off, put on a nice fluffy pink scarf and correct spelling mistakes, but for God sakes while doing so atleast admit thats the limit of your moding capabilities. Seriously Dog the spelling thing is a testosterone thing. To much of it you tend not to care about the spelling of a word. To little of it and spelling and grammar become important issues to ya. Oh yes I can still recall our old school Ms, 80 some in her old apron correcting our grammar. I think she probably fell short on the testosterone to. Nice ol girl though...

Last edited by charger; 03/22/07.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Now would the other fine gent edit the comments about the fat wife? Another thing we do not do here is bring another poster's family into the discussion, period!

Nester
Your being spoke at. You deef boy?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just let it go, guys, and let's get on with enjoying this forum.

I don't want to see this closed down as it is the only site like this that we have available and if the "mod" and owner of the site are not happy with what's being said, I think that we should tone it down and just let the issue here drop.

It is not worth having "bans" or a forum closure over the comments of a few, there are too many good people here to let a few ruin it for all of us, eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys might want to think about heeding Sitka Deer's warning...

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Further to this, I have just received a PM from Nester, sent at 1:39 pm, inquiring as to my address, I have to wonder why?

I do not wish to receive further PMs from Nester or any of the CGN types here who seem to want to disrupt this forum. So, please refrain from sending me these PMs as I will not reply. I will consider any further behaviour of this sort to be harassment and deal with it accordingly.

IC B3

M
M
I'm a member of quite a few forums dealing with hunting, the outdoors, ATVs & shooting. I'm also a long-time member of CanadianGunNutz.com I'll admit that I don't check out the "Campfire" that much, but I do enjoy the articles, etc...

What I do find disturbing is the fact that individuals like Kutenay are basically given a free hand to spout hatred and vitriol, against not only various racial groups, but against another forum that has banned him because of similar unacceptable behaviour.

I'm a proud Canadian who can trace my familiy ancestry back to the very, very early 1600s in Canada. (Put it this way, the Puritans could've stopped by to ask my great, great, great, great, greatwhatever directions to Plymouth Rock) My family has fought in every single war since that time and up to & including the current actions in Afghanistan. As such, I've earned my right to speak as a Canadian, and you sir, are an embarrassment to every Canadian! You do not speak for me, nor the vast majority of Canadians who do not share your racially slewed, bigoted world view.

To attack another board simply because the moderators and board owner refused to tolerate your racisim is so pathetic it is actually funny. Your choice of words to describe the aforementioned owner is very telling. You do your country a disservice by spouting such ignorance; as well as this board, which you profess to love so much, by essentially setting in motion the wheels of a ridiculous "board war."

Just so you know, I am neither some gun-toting wanna be Spec-Ops warrior, nor am I some uneducated buffoon...however, I do own some of those dreaded "black" rifles you and your buddies railed about earlier, including several Swiss Arms/SIGs, AR-15s and M-14s. I also own original flintlock fowling pieces, classic Belgian SXS shotguns, modern bolt action hunting rifles, not to mention more than a dozen handguns and some super accurate "tactical" rifles that allow me to hit beyond 1000M. Some of which I built myself! Does that qualify me as one of those "undesirables" you mentioned before?

An apology to your fellow Canadians is in order, as well as to all members of the Campfire for bringing their good name into disrepute through your misrepresentation of yourself as a being a representative member of this board and the entire Canadian Nation!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by M1911A1Shooter

To attack another board simply because the moderators and board owner refused to tolerate your racisim is so pathetic it is actually funny.

Ok, let me get this straight. If some members can get away with breaking clear violations which are only punishable by banning ,and get away with it multiple times because their the same race as the owner and a couple mods, and I call that for the crap it is, I'm racist?????

HEY WORLD,I'M RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I did not initiate this thread and I was banned from CGN because I presumed to speak out against the continual use of the term "white trash" by the administrator. I also spoke out against the bigoted comments about Christianity, the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church made by him and a number of others.

In a debate about Canadian history, I simply asked him to cite his sources and he instantly banned me as he had "warned" me on an earlier occasion. This was when a Pakistani Muslim immigrant student in an institution of "higher learning" that MY taxes help pay for repeatedly made derogatory comments about Canadians, one that I remember is that ...Canadians don't know who their fathers are...

When this Paki REPEATEDLY stated that the U.S.A. should be bombed,, etc. by Muslims and promoted Muslim terrorism, I spoke up and said that the U.S.A. should bomb Pakistan and he got really upset as he has family there. Well, I have family in the U.S. AND my family has also been in North American/Canada since the early 17thC., so, my comments were justified. This is what incurred the "warning/banning" and I would do it again with pride.

Your comments about ...apology...are simply astounding, who are you to try to order me around? Your presumptous arrogance reminds me of a certain politician from Quebec who used to "flip the bird" at ordinary Canadians....a relative, perhaps?

Calm down, have a nice day and enjoy this great forum, cheers !!!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have just received a PM from Nester at 12.:47 pm today, after asking him not to PM me. This PM contains personal information concerning my wife and I consider it threatening. OK, Nester was requested to remove his posted material in contravention of the site'e rules, he has not complied and has harassed me twice since then.

I will be taking action to deal with this and any further threats of this nature will also be dealt with. I will not have my wife intimidated by some internet wierdo. I have TRIED to drop this thread and to be courteous in dealing with this, however, this is going to change, now.

M
M
Kutenay, you may have some points, and since I don't know the whole story, I'm not going to comment on that issue you had with the owner of CGN. However, two wrongs, don't make a right and just because some idiot referred to fellow caucasians as "white trash" it doesn't make it right for us to respond with terms such as chink or paki. Using them, lowers us to the level of the original ignoramus.

I have no love for any person who actively supports terror groups or their mission. I lost a cousin in the WTC on 9/11. I also volunteered to help hundreds of stranded passengers when they were forced to land in my home province of Newfoundland. Hot food, beverages, and other needed items were collected from my neighbours to help make our new friends more comfortable during that terrible time. Many of us donated blood and opened our homes to these stranded, disoriented and stranded travellers.

With respect to the issue of terrorists and immigrant Canadians who support them..Frankly, I would happily drop the hammer on some terrorist scum-bab POS that threatened the safety of innocents, wherever they're found. For "guests" in our country, including students from the Middle East (BTW, I'm a taxpayer as well), tourists, etc...to actively voice their support for terror and groups like al-Qaeda, Hamas, etc...is outrageous! Their Visas should've been immediately revoked for spreading hatred and giving aid and comfort to our nation's enemies and punted back to whatever rock they crawled out from under! Those with landed immigrant status should've had their case immediately reviewed and steps taken to revoke their status.

Do I hate all foreigners, including Arabs, Persians, Pakistanis, etc., for 9/11 and the death of my cousin? No. There are good and bad in all races. During my graduate studies I lived in a graduate student residence where I was the minority, even while attending a Canadian university! It was me, one other white guy and 98 other assorted Asians, Arabs, Africans, etc...Coming from a small, outport community, there was a healthy dose of culture shock, however, I learned that people are basically people, no matter the color of their skin, etc...There were good guys/girls and then there were idiots, arseholes and bitches...just as you'd find in any predominantly white community.

I ultimately embraced this experience and it definitely gave me greater insight into the inter-racial dynamic. I had some cultural prejudices when I went into the situation, but thankfully have rid myself of those through education and abandoning ignorance. I would suggest you try to do likewise. You may or may not have gotten a raw deal on CGN...I don't know. I do know that there is always three sides to any story...your side, my side and somewhere in the middle, the TRUTH!

I never questioned your passion for Canada, however, while posting on internet boards, especially American owned ones, you're acting as an ambassador of sorts for the country. Why not try to present the absolute best we have to offer and leave the worst behind?

As for CGN, I've been a long term member over there. I like the site immensely, however, I don't always agree with everything that goes on there. Its human nature to be disagreeable, I guess, that's why we have other options. The internet offers us thousands of other choices and boards to join. It would seem that you've found a home for yourself on the Campfire. That's great! So why not let your animosity toward the CGN board and its members go? We don't control the board, we just belong to it. Why make rude comments or disparaging comments about the "kids" on CGN who like tactical firearms, etc...? IIRC, you mentioned the need for unity of purpose for the recreational firearms community...in that vein I firmly believe that there are no bad guns! Just because you don't have any interest in owning an AR-15 doesn't make another guy somehow wrong or dangerous because he does! A semi-automatic is a semi-automatic, no matter the exterior cosmetics. When it comes down to it, I'd much rather be shot by a dinky .40gr .223 fired from an AR-15 over a 180gr bullet fired from a Browning .30-06 BAR anyday!

To argue that one gun is bad and another good is a very slippery slope and is a weakness the gun grabbers have constantly exploited. It is the same reason why the Liberals won multiple back-to-back majority governments even after prohibiting tens of thousands of military style long guns, along with over half the legal handguns in Canada. A number of rather short-sighted, some would say, "elitist" elements of the recreational firearms community ignored the Liberals blatantly anti-gun agenda, because it didn't impact on their trap shooting, or waterfowl hunting, etc...directly. They continued to vote Liberal instead...now when faced with a complete ban on semi-auto firearms, including over 25% of all hunting firearms, along with trap, sporting clays semi-auto shotguns, some individuals have woken up to this reality in panic...yet there are still others who won't let go of their prejudice, believing that as long as their beloved O/U Berreta is legal, then the hell with everyone else. As Abraham Lincoln once said, "...a house divided cannot stand!"

We're all members of the Canadian Firearms community. As such, we're all in this together, no matter what firearms we shoot. How about giving up trash talking members of CGN, simply because of their age or what firearms they own? CGN has its share of nimrods...just like the Campfire or any other board out there. However, the vast majority of our membership are good guys. If you want to stay mad at GT, that's your perogative, but maybe its time to let the other stuff go? Trashing CGN won't accomphlish anything, other than to start a "board war" as the more hot-headed members from both camps take the bait. I like both boards, and it just seems pointless to continue beating up on one another.

Finally, your reference to Trudeau and the issue of flipping the bird at ordinary Canadians and making some backhanded musing about whether or not I was related to him was more than a little out of line. I intensely dislike that SOB, I think he did more damage to our country than any other single individual, especially the 1982 Constitution fiasco, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and loss of protection for property rights, as well as the decision to adopt Multiculturalism, rather than keeping the "melting pot" concept that had been working so well up until then. My father was a high school administrator and math teacher who used to be a fisherman, my mother is a nurse and I'm a grad student, small business owner and commercial organic strawberry farmer from Newfoundland. During high school I worked in the local fish plant over the summers to earn money to buy my first shotgun & rifle. I paid my way through university through part-time jobs and student loans. I recently decided to continue with my education. That said, I guess everything about my background just screams "Quebec Elite," eh?:)Yep, me, good 'ol Pierre, Paul & the little guy from Shawinigan! LOL!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Hey now that's a little harsh there Nester. You should try to be a little nicer!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
This is a clear violation of the Campfire rules and also of SD's instructions of yesterday; it certainly seems to demonstrate exactly WHY certain posters have come here. The insult to my wife is precisely the sort of thing that I witnessed and spoke out against on CGN, well, I guess it's clear what is really going on with this whole issue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a foul move to post personal information, including where someone lives, much less their actual names....now to bring someone's wife into it on top of everything?

Nester, I suspect you're fortunate to be doing this anonymously via keyboard. You'd get your [bleep] teeth kicked out for doing that face-to-face.

You'd be better off finding someone else to rail against, Kute's way out of your league....

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tis sad to see this simple topic come down to this.
Appears no matter what one says, someone will take it further.
It was a way of pointing out a difference in ways of dealing with things on a different site, that I knew Kutenay was familiar with.
Guess I should have pointed out something on Saeeds site instead.

Like the following from Saeed himself. cool

"Gentlemen,

I get an endless number of PMs from members who feel they have been slighted on the Political Forum.

I generally ignore those, as anyone participating there should have a skin that would make a rhino jealous.

If one cannot take that, my suggestion is not to participate on that forum.

Some members object to us having that forum.

Others find it amusing. It is like one standing on a bridge over a river full of hungry piranhas. One drops a piece of meat and watch the water bubble"

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
AH saeed, the fellow whos family owns air emirates where they keep you off an airplane because they didnt do the paper work properly(thats fine, booboo's happen) but then continue to hold you in a holding cell in dubai for 48+ more hours while their holding the correct paper work in hand. Yes interesting bunch. The 72 hour total gave me time to watch their total distain for the north american(white person) I'm not sure I'd take my political correctness 101 class from him

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 18,229 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,843
Posts18,537,309
Members74,050
Most Online20,083

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.