Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
About a year ago a friend bought a new f150. They test drove Chevy and dodge but liked the ford best. After a couple months it started having coil pack and spark plug problems that caused it to miss and sometimes die. It's been in the shop about once a month since the first of the year, having been towed in several times. The dealer couldn't fix it, contacted ford, and after four months of passing him around to different case managers and not returning his calls and e mails ford agreed to pay off the truck. All said and done he comes out about 5 grand in the hole but he is rid of the truck. Going to court would have cost that much and probably taken another year to settle. He liked the truck when it was running but says he'll never own another ford because of the way they responded. Question is anybody else dealt with something similar to this and how did it work out for You?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ford is notorious for building flaws into everything they make. By design or not I do not know, but I've had plenty of Ford trucks and am down to just one.

LOL
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That sucks. A lot of trouble free Fords around here (Chevy/GMC, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan too) . Hope he gets something he likes and will work better for him.

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went through a buy back with Ram in 2014 on a 2013 3500 4X4 Cummins. They used a 3rd party company. I had to work at it, but ended up in an OK situation. They don't hand you anything...you gotta work for it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ford sucks!!! Won’t ever buy another one. My 2010 went belly up at 112,000 miles. My 2016 Ford work truck is now on its 3rd recall I believe.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've had Fords since 1978. Cars, trucks, Bronco's and SUV's. Only major problem was an engine mount vibration in early '90's Explorer's. Worked with dealer, who I will admit was a good friend, and Ford bought both of them back without any cost except miles...kinda like a lease. No real problems since. Anyone can get a lemon. You gotta work with them and keep at them...they are all in the business to make money...not give it away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take Ford pickups over any other, any day of the week. I've owned five Ford products over the last 18 years, and four GM products. The Fords have all hung together. Every GM product developed transmission problems except for my current hunting pickup---it has a manual. No Dodge ever has or ever will sit in my garage.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RiverRider
This spot reserved for Walt501.

!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No problems with my 2011 FX4 F150 Ecoboost. Love the truck.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In Prudhoe Bay we ran Ford trucks and Suburbans for ever. Along comes a bright guy and says we can save money by going all Chevy. Trucks were a freaking nightmare!!! Could not get them warm and constantly broken down. At the six year mark we would get new Fords, but the Chevy joke was over in less than four years.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've got a 2016 Ford. Best truck I've ever had or seen. I'll keep it.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I've got a 2016 Ford. Best truck I've ever had or seen. I'll keep it.

Two years in... ?

Tell us more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beaglemaster
About a year ago a friend bought a new f150. They test drove Chevy and dodge but liked the ford best. After a couple months it started having coil pack and spark plug problems that caused it to miss and sometimes die. It's been in the shop about once a month since the first of the year, having been towed in several times. The dealer couldn't fix it, contacted ford, and after four months of passing him around to different case managers and not returning his calls and e mails ford agreed to pay off the truck. All said and done he comes out about 5 grand in the hole but he is rid of the truck. Going to court would have cost that much and probably taken another year to settle. He liked the truck when it was running but says he'll never own another ford because of the way they responded. Question is anybody else dealt with something similar to this and how did it work out for You?

Yep. Volvo. Replaced multiple coil packs and spark plugs within 1.5 years of ownership. Something happened and two valves and valve seats were damaged. The spark plug had damage and was missing some of the tip. My guess is the tip broke off and that caused the valve damage, but everything was too mangled to really tell. Had over 50K miles on it, so was not covered by warranty even though it was 18 months old. Had to replace the whole head. We lost over $10K in the deal, as we sold it as soon as it was fixed. The dealership and corporate were no help and basically said it was our problem.

My wife works with a guy who bought the same model about the same time with same miles. They sold it a couple months after ours when their coil pack went out.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Die hard Toyota fan here.

500,000+ miles on 3 trucks in 20 years (2 Tacomas, 1 Tundra). Biggest repair bill was a minor charge for a leaking water pump on my 10 year old Tundra. Both Tacomas were repair free.

That truck was traded in Saturday for a 2018 4Runner. I suspect I will own it for 10 years or 200,000 repair free miles, whichever comes first.

My wife has had 2 Camry's and a Rav4 over the same 20 year span. Oil changes and on one car, brakes. Each time we've flipped a Toyota we've gotten top private party value within a few days, and probably left cash on the table.

I mean, we're getting 100K+ miles out of brake pads, rotors, spark plugs, belts, hoses, etc.... Virtually ZERO repair costs, sans scheduled maintenance.

I cannot FATHOM buying a Ford (Chevy, GMC, or anything else)

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Had a couple fords. Never again. Just ordered a 19 Silverado and never considered ford.

NRA Patron
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Ford is notorious for building flaws into everything they make. By design or not I do not know, but I've had plenty of Ford trucks and am down to just one.

You are more on target than you might realize. For 22 years I managed the fishing lodge I know own for a fellow from MN. He was in the auto supply business, ( he makes decals,) actually his company is the only decal company that supplies the auto industry left in the US. Ford was his biggest account by far. He made every single Ford oval on every Ford product. Anyway over the years I met a lot of Ford engineers that he brought up fishing. They flat out told me that Ford makes its money in the service department, and their job was to design things so customers would have to take them into the dealer for repairs...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Love my 2017 EcoBoost. Best truck ever. No issues whatsoever.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by B_n_C_Buck
Love my 2017 EcoBoost. Best truck ever. No issues whatsoever.

Best truck ever...

1 year in!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by Fireball2

You are more on target than you might realize. For 22 years I managed the fishing lodge I know own for a fellow from MN. He was in the auto supply business, ( he makes decals,) actually his company is the only decal company that supplies the auto industry left in the US. Ford was his biggest account by far. He made every single Ford oval on every Ford product. Anyway over the years I met a lot of Ford engineers that he brought up fishing. They flat out told me that Ford makes its money in the service department, and their job was to design things so customers would have to take them into the dealer for repairs...

Yeah, if you've owned more than a few trucks it's pretty obvious what Ford is up to.

Thank you for saying it. If I had said it I would have been dogpiled in typical Campfire fashion.

LOL
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 160user, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 21, 32 invisible), 1,856 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,112
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.