Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Roc
And I believe you can use a centerfire rifle without the deer season restrictions on the cartridge from Dec. 1--Nov.9 in the "shotgun zone".

Huh?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by viking
Does Michigan have a wolf problem, season?

Yes.........No

There are folks working on it.

The SSS Plan.

LOL
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Mac84
If I were moving to MI I’d probably pick the west side of the state between grand haven and traverse city and west of 75. Big area but beautiful and more conservative then the east side of the state. Tons of hunting opportunities all over the state with some places better than others. All the fishing you can handle.

Mac is correct, except that I'd note that if you prefer Walleye fishing, the East side is where it's at in Michigan! Moved from Muskegon County a year ago to Florida.....Politically it's becoming a real schitthole state especially with the ever-growing Muslim contingent near Dearborn.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I got family around the eaton Rapids area, otherwise I wouldn't be going there.

Muzzies, meh they are all over. Someplace swore than others though.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
From a Southerners perspective, Michigan is o.k.! I lived there in the late 80s/early 90s, while in high school. I had a blast and made a lot of friends. It is a great state for a sportsman. Winter’s severity isn’t as tough at how long it lasts. Don’t expect spring to hit in April. It might.....and it might not.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I live out side of Cadillac and like the area. Lots of deer, Lots of Bear, but take 14 years to draw a tag! good fishing! Eaton Rapids area should still be nice , the southern part of the state Does SUCK I lived there most of my Life and its getting worse !

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
R
Roc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by Roc
And I believe you can use a centerfire rifle without the deer season restrictions on the cartridge from Dec. 1--Nov.9 in the "shotgun zone".

Huh?

In the shot gun zone,the only time the cartridge is restricted is during deer season and the few days before.The rest of the year you can use a centerfire rifle just like the rest of the state.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If I were moving to MI I’d probably pick the west side of the state between grand haven and traverse city and west of 75. Big area but beautiful and more conservative then the east side of the state. Tons of hunting opportunities all over the state with some places better than others. All the fishing you can handle.

I don't agree with this. More down to earth folks with better cost of living live on the east side, barring the cancer surrounding Detoilet. Traverse county is full of libs, and the freakishness is spreading up from the Indiana border and down from TC. Here are the voting maps for both the senate and governor races, and plainly show where the problems lie. Thanks Saginaw and Flint for bringing groids enmasse years ago to "work" at auto plants, and then they did the same thing as when they picked cotton.

Governor:
[Linked Image]

Senate:
[Linked Image]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i like the sunrise side alot

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever the current status of the state is right now, it just got worse by an order of magnitude with the election of another liberal DemonRat governor.

Taxes are bound to rise & even more freebies will be handed out.

The above maps are accurate...................

MM

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I plan to use my 45/70 Marlin Lever Action this year for deer despite being in the Limited Firearms Zone. I have shortened the brass accordingly so I will be able to legally use it. I worked up a good load with the Hornday 325 FTX bullet.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan

I don't agree with this. More down to earth folks with better cost of living live on the east side, barring the cancer surrounding Detoilet. Traverse county is full of libs, and the freakishness is spreading up from the Indiana border and down from TC. Here are the voting maps for both the senate and governor races, and plainly show where the problems lie. Thanks Saginaw and Flint for bringing groids enmasse years ago to "work" at auto plants, and then they did the same thing as when they picked cotton.

Governor:
[Linked Image]

Senate:
[Linked Image]

Note that the counties that voted Democrat are all union (GM, Dow, etc.), have a university, and/or have a excess of minorities living in them. With weed on the ballot, I'm surprised more counties did not go dem.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a guy who lives in that first town. It ain't so bad... wink

I know a guy who lives in that first town. It ain't so bad... wink

I know 2and their both sisses and grunts!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There are two Michigans. The urban and the rural--different worlds. Stay away from the cities/universities and you will do fine.

The new democratic administration will be a solid kick in the nuts, though.

Defend the Constitution
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cooperfan

Personally I would probably move to saline area in Washtenaw county, but that's me.

Yep, that's where I live - 4.23 square miles surrounded by reality.

If you're a liberal you'll fit right in. Wednesday evening we had our own little group of ANTIFA demonstrating in front of the Jr High School with their "Not my President" and Protect Mueller" signs - wish I had a couple strips of firecrackers that I could have tossed out the window.

Last edited by tpcollins; 11/10/18.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tomk
There are two Michigans. The urban and the rural--different worlds. Stay away from the cities/universities and you will do fine.

As long as the legislature stays red we'll survive. She made a bunch of promises she can't keep. Stoopid liberals...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

As long as the legislature stays red we'll survive. She made a bunch of promises she can't keep. Stoopid liberals...

Thank you that’s the truth.

I live in GR area and have to agree that the west is the best by a healthy margin particularly if you’re looking for a nice conservative place where you can hunt and fish your head off. Decent sportsman’s clubs lots of public land. Eaton Rapids is a nice little town and I wouldn’t complain. Great hunting for deer and small game in that area.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Thank you that’s the truth.

I live in GR area and have to agree that the west is the best by a healthy margin particularly if you’re looking for a nice conservative place where you can hunt and fish your head off. Decent sportsman’s clubs lots of public land. Eaton Rapids is a nice little town and I wouldn’t complain. Great hunting for deer and small game in that area.

I've found that our new town is solidly conservative. Well, except for the neighbor across the street. crazy

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go anywhere north of Grayling.

I spent a year visiting numerous towns all across Northern Michigan looking for a spot to live. By visiting, I am talking about Chambers, schools, LE, hospitals and other agencies. If you really enjoy awesome big game hunting, fishing (both stream and lake), atv trail riding, snowmobiling,waterfowl, upland game, ..send me a PM. Also, Trump won these areas by 20-30 points. My town is about 13K. One murder in last 15 years. Very safe and very affordable. The area has millions of acres of public land.

Again, send me a PM and I can give you a solid report on anything north of Grayling. It’s an awesome place to go if you like getting out of the house. I love it.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Where did you move to Mark?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,590
Posts18,511,130
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.