Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
JTman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Anyone have or use the Milwaukee heated jacket (or other brand)? I'm considering buying one to use while hunting and wondered if they were worth the money and really worked.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got one

Used it yesterday

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm looking at one after sitting in 40 MPH winds in Colorado. Contracting buddy of mine has one and says battery lasts about 2 hours, he turns it on for 10 minutes when he gets cold and then turns it off to conserve the battery. You could always carry a second battery. I think a 10 minute warm up is what is needed after sitting and getting cold. Good luck.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Black Friday sale day is supposed to include a free vibrator.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
JTman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for the detailed report Slum.

I'll definitely wait till Black Friday if they're giving away free vibrator's with em!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
JTman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Sako76
I'm looking at one after sitting in 40 MPH winds in Colorado. Contracting buddy of mine has one and says battery lasts about 2 hours, he turns it on for 10 minutes when he gets cold and then turns it off to conserve the battery. You could always carry a second battery. I think a 10 minute warm up is what is needed after sitting and getting cold. Good luck.

Two hours doesn't sound very long but I agree you could use it up 10 minutes at a time.

Wondering how much more battery that vibrator will use?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thinking about the Dewalt one. I've got loads of 20v and 60v flexvolt batteries.

J
JTman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Thinking about the Dewalt one. I've got loads of 20v and 60v flexvolt batteries.

Wouldn't be opposed to a Dewalt either. I'd imagine they'd be pretty similar.

I see off brands are making heated vests with battery's too but I'd want to hear from someone I knew and trusted about them before I'd invest in one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Details:

Dont waste your money

If youre thinking this will keep you warm sitting idle in a tree stand...it doesnt.

The battery rating is pure bovine scatology. The batteries last about 1- hour on high. That "high" setting is isnt what you might think it should be.

The elements are two business card size pads above the chest. To get any real benefit out of it, for sitting- you need to have the jacket make close contact to the body with only a single base layer.

If you have 2-3 layers on underneath the heat radiates more out to the atmosphere instead of your skin.

If youre doing some chore or work and your burning calories via movement to suppliment the jacket, it would probably be ok.

Also probably depends on your metabolism and tolerance for cold. Any amount of wind- really robs your benefits altogether.

I have three batteries and it becomes an albatross

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have had the Bosch heated jacket for about 5 years. The jacket itself is so warm I don't even use the heated part. Bad thing is the jacket itself doesn't breathe at all, but no wind will come through it either. Mine was a gift. I wouldn't buy one. Hope this helps.

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

My wife has the De Walt. You still dress for the temps, but it backs it up. Generally 2-4 hours depending on a 20V battery. She is an athlete, very low BP and pulse and fairly small at 113 pounds. She gets cold really easily.

This is the best thing we've ever found.

Carrying a few extra batteries is nothing compared to getting cold.

And yes you have to understand insulation, and heated clothing and how to use it or it isn't going to seem as efficient as you would like.

She also has a brand of long underwear too, can be powered by cell phone battery charging packs. Works very well. Enough so that a few weeks ago in Alaska she would turn them on now and then as needed but never used a whole battery in a day of being out in sub freezing temps.

They are all inner layers, not outer layers. If you put them on as an outer, you better not be dumb enough to have layers on under them or they will seem like they are not working...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
JTman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Details:

Dont waste your money

If youre thinking this will keep you warm sitting idle in a tree stand...it doesnt.

The battery rating is pure bovine scatology. The batteries last about 1- hour on high. That "high" setting is isnt what you might think it should be.

The elements are two business card size pads above the chest. To get any real benefit out of it, for sitting- you need to have the jacket make close contact to the body with only a single base layer.

If you have 2-3 layers on underneath the heat radiates more out to the atmosphere instead of your skin.

If youre doing some chore or work and your burning calories via movement to suppliment the jacket, it would probably be ok.

Also probably depends on your metabolism and tolerance for cold. Any amount of wind- really robs your benefits altogether.

I have three batteries and it becomes an albatross

Thank you very much, that's the kinds of report I was looking for.

Thanks to others that have responded as well. Would like to hear of any and all opinions.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm done adding weight to my hunting gear. I found myself leaving it all in the truck this year and hunting with a rifle and a knife.

If you want your jacket, you can keep your jacket.

LOL
J
JTman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm done adding weight to my hunting gear. I found myself leaving it all in the truck this year and hunting with a rifle and a knife.

If you want your jacket, you can keep your jacket.

Can I get your jackets since you're not using them any more??

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't done it yet, but I'm thinking that for stand hunting you could use the chem toe heaters, with the sticker, and stick them on the back of your shirt by your kidneys.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Get one of those Solanpas back relief things with the heat warmers like Shaq. 😄

might work

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hear moving to Florida is a thing now.

LOL
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JTman
Originally Posted by Sako76

Two hours doesn't sound very long but I agree you could use it up 10 minutes at a time.

Wondering how much more battery that vibrator will use?

A bit more but will last you all day if you only use it 10 minutes at a crack!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well huh...the things you learn here, I had never even heard of such a thing.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My hunting buddie just bought one, and is going to try it this weekend! I still like my goose down and Wool!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

END YOURBOW RIGHT RAIL 3 -->
Who's Online Now
545 members (1badf350, 222ND, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,481
Posts18,529,689
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.