Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Many people who have had some types of severe lung disease can not effectively process toxic contaminants in inhaled air. Often those toxins result in airway inflammation in sensitive people or those with reduced lung function from bronchial scarring from infections or severe allergic reactions.

Many in Europe have for centuries found some reliefe buy living in salt caves where the air is much purer than in cities.

Many people complaign of headaches, lethargy, irritated eyes, throats etc after prolonged exposure to those chemicals in enclosed areas from those who cover themselves with perfumes and other toxic aromatic compounds that result in what is often referred to as sick building syndrome where adequate outside air exchange is restricted by modern building construction.

Others experience lethargy and other health issues when exposed to long periods of breathing deisel or gasoline fumes or other environmental pollutants.

Btw, many folks who deal with horses used in shows and competitive events have started using vertical exhaust systems in their deisel trucks after recognizing subpar performance from their animals after being trailered long distances while breathing the burned particulate resudue.

Many years ago cowboys and other rural folk ofen complained of city air not being fit to breath. They were so used to clean air they could detect the polluted air in cities and didnt care for it at all.

There are reasons why many people who never smoked end up with lung cancer and why many housewives who used household cleaning chemicals and never smoked end up with COPD.

I have asthma and after having had a few patients this AM covered in Right Guard, body lotion, cling free, scented clothes detergent, etc my chest is tight and somewhat uncomfortable. I cant wait to get out of this city tomorrow and into the Grrat American Desert chasing blue quail and coyotes and breating clean air. I can gurantee you i will feel and breathe better after a few hours of that.

The down side is my sense of smell will adapt and when i get back tomorrow evening i will be able to smell the stence from the asphalt and people drying their stinking Tide wased clothes in toxic aromatic crap like scented cling free.

https://lunginstitute.com/blog/salt-therapy-and-copd/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_building_syndrome

http://www.startribune.com/an-old-fashioned-treatment-worth-its-salt/228976131/

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/09/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Does pink Himalayan salt make french fries taste better?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

That or sea salt tastes much better.

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Sounds kinda kooky to me, but if that floats your boat and it doesn't bother me, have at it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Doc_Paul
Sounds kinda kooky to me, but if that floats your boat and it doesn't bother me, have at it.

Here you go, Doc.l

In 1843, a physician named Dr. Feliks Boczkowski noticed that workers at a salt mine, unlike other miners, did not have respiratory or lung problems. He attributed their healthy lungs to the air climate inside the salt mine. Salt is known to have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Soon, spas opened in the salt caves and today the therapy is popular in Eastern Europe, Russia and Canada.

Wertkin became interested in salt caves when he and his wife were researching remedies for their son, Jack, now 13, who has asthma. They visited a salt room in Florida and were amazed at the difference it made for their son. They decided to open their own business after learning that Chicago was the closest city with a comparable salt room.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
That bitch is almost as looney as AL Gore.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The difference between salt miners, and other miners is easy.

Salt is soluble, and goes away after being inhaled. Hard rock dust, or coal, not so much. Just because the crap don't give you black lung, or silicosis, that sure as hell don't mean it will cure you of other schitt.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way I will do it is if the hippie chicks in the cave are neekid...... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Yes, emphatically yes. I like the pink Himalayan salt or sea salt over regular salt on everything except maybe jerky brine. It's better on fries, steaks, etc.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I suspect there are pyramids involved in this..... somewhere in the process.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If breathing salt particles makes you healthier and smarter, then why don't the salt miners that mined it live to be 160 year old brain surgeons?

Why are the East and West coasts more and more liberal?

smile

Barry - you and I both know how the Santa Fe locals are. It's not been called "San Francisco East" for decades, without reason! smile

Those folks are so dumb - they believe themselves!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stantdm
I suspect there are pyramids involved in this..... somewhere in the process.

There ya go - put up a big pink Himalayan salt pyramid. Would be a bigger tourist attraction than the Corn Palace at least until it rains, or cows get to it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
The only way I will do it is if the hippie chicks in the cave are neekid...... smile

ten thousand waves uphill from santa fe ,public area, old ones , young ones, nekid as jays

.... like tears in the rain
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Kim Rash is the owner of the Santa Fe Salt Cave

that would give me a rash or worse

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Waygoner
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a massage therapist in Santa Fe.

Most of you know that back in the 1800s, tuberculosis was treated by putting the patients in Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Supposedly they would live longer.

The result was quite the reverse.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,648
Posts18,512,573
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.