Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
How long is it before we lose the peaceful transfer of power. I don't see how a representative form of government can succeed when the people being represented can't trust the integrity of the election process.

With the situation today, it's pretty hard to trust the system. We have places with early voting, election day voter registration, mail in ballots up the wazoo, electronic voting machines that are likely pretty easy to tamper with, places with no, or minimal, ID required to vote. Probably a few other issues in addition.

The results have been pretty apparent over the last several election systems. Things are probably going to get worse.

Drastic changes are needed to bring our election process back to where results can be trusted, even if the results aren't liked.

Some initial thoughts:

.....Voters must be registered at least 30 days prior to an election.
.....Have to provide proof of U.S. citizenship to get registered.
.....Have to present valid photo ID when voting.
.....Voting is done on election day only. Dip a finger in purple ink.
.....Votes are cast on a paper ballot by filling in a bubble with a pencil.
.....Very limited absentee voting. Perhaps only military and people who have to work in very remote locations.
.....List of absentee voters provided to each political party on the day before the election.
.....Each party to have a representative present while votes are being counted.
.....No ballots to leave the voting/counting area unless accompanied by party representatives.
.....If there is a break in the counting of ballots, then ballots already counted would be put in one metal box, and uncounted ballots in another. The boxes would be locked with multiple locks, each party supplying a lock.

Probably more, that's just what I thought of as I was typing. I know that people like the convenience of early voting, mail in voting, absentee voting, etc.... Those things all help make voting fraud easier, and the stakes are high enough that if it can be done, it will. We have to make fraud as difficult as possible. If people don't want to take the time to stand in line to vote......then don't.

What did I get wrong? What did I miss?

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the stakes have always been high, but leftists don't seem to care how they go about winning elections

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They need to show proof they are living in the district they are voting in as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They need to show proof they are living in the district they are voting in as well.

noone amongst the rank & file will like my solution. they're already against it, but here it is for free:

every tom, dick & harry must have a dna analysis or test. that's easy, it's readily available.

then they must have a chip installed recognizing their dna analysis as an individual.

at the polling place or on the computer, a rdr recognizes the dna & records the vote.

yeah, i know that's pretty radical, outlandish even, but we are in the post-modern era now.

lot's of folks are waking up to the reality that technology is moving forward, with or without us.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by acy
What did I miss?

What you missed is the fact that these crooked traitors aren't following the rules rightfckingnow.

So, make all the rules ya want in one hand, shat in the other................

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by acy
What did I miss?

What you missed is the fact that these crooked traitors aren't following the rules rightfckingnow.

True.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Election integrity is not likely to happen without bipartisianship, right now partisans on both sides do their best to rig results in their favor, if we can get the politics out of the voting process and vote counting, then something good might actually happen. Requiring paper ballots is a start.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Squidge
Election integrity is not likely to happen without bipartisianship, right now partisans on both sides do their best to rig results in their favor, if we can get the politics out of the voting process and vote counting, then something good might actually happen. Requiring paper ballots is a start.

Bipartisanship?

Sure seems like the only election fraud cases are those in favor of the Commies.

Please do show where conservatives have rigged elections.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by acy
What did I miss?

True.

Well, hell, then I guess we shouldn't have any rules...... Or maybe we should have strict, consistent rules and begin to enforce them. You have to start somewhere. Where do you guys suggest we start?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by acy
Where do you guys suggest we start?

Your ideas are sound.

Most of them are even implemented.

As to a starting place, we need to crack down and enforce the law.

Throw their asses in jail.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If there's no enforcement of the existing rules, it don't matter how many existing rules you have, nor how detailed they are.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The country is over. It just is. Why should I give a damn about a government that is elected by such shenanigans? It has no legitimacy.

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by acy

Your ideas are sound.

Yep. Lots of asses need thrown in jail. When the cost of getting caught doesn't outweigh the possible gain, too many will take their chances.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acy

Your ideas are sound.

Damn right. If there's no repercussions for breaking the law they'll never stop doing it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acy

What did I get wrong? What did I miss?

I don't think you got anything wrong & it's a good list, but it simply won't happen...............the desire to win at all costs, especially from the Left, will never agree to much that you listed; it would all work against them if it were implemented.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bipartisanship?

Sure seems like the only election fraud cases are those in favor of the Commies.

The left is howling about what happened in Georgia, should partisans running for election be in charge of managing the vote process.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Bipartisanship?

The left is howling about what happened in Georgia, should partisans running for election be in charge of managing the vote process.

LOL.

The Left only howls when they lose.

When they win they way over reach their authority.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by acy

... enforce the law. ...

What a novel concept ... <dripping with sarcasm>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The problem is that if you refuse to hear their complaints out, they will refuse to hear yours out and nothing will change. Trust me, someone on a liberal forum out there is just as mad as you are about vote integrity.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Trust me, someone on a liberal forum out there is just as mad as you are about vote integrity.

True, but they're bitchin cause there's *too much* integrity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 71 invisible), 3,049 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,109
Posts18,483,299
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.