Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
If you haven't seen this, and you have teenage kids, I highly recommend you sit down with them and watch.

Your kids will walk away with some very important takeaways that could serve them well later in life.

It's on NetFlix.

Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Just watched the series over the last couple of days and WHAT THE EVERLOVING FU.CK? If you trust the police and justice system before you watch the series you sure as fu.ck won’t afterwards.

There’s a sheriff, several (if not more) cops, DA, judges and “ex-spurts” that deserve the worst possible death imaginable. It’s unbelievable that such a miscarriage of justice could stand and despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary is not rectified immediately. There’s no search for the truth in this case and justice was the last thing that the Manitowoc cops, DA and judges ever cared about.

I think everyone will have their own takeaways from this documentary, and I can't say I'm surprised by yours based on your previous posts.

But regardless of what an individual thinks of the final outcome, I think there are some key things exposed regarding human nature and our criminal justice system that every American needs to see.

Especially if you live in a rural area.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If you haven't seen this, and you have teenage kids, I highly recommend you sit down with them and watch.

Your kids will walk away with some very important takeaways that could serve them well later in life.

It's on NetFlix.

Thanks

You welcome.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Bumpola

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just started the second part the other day, on episode 2.

Unbelievable.

That DA is a slimy sonofabitch.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flave never gets the PSA.
He goes digital.

Says' If you want it done right.........."
grin

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'm not a police basher or idolize them , but most do a good job and a tough one . But it is hard to believe that someone would think there is no corruption this deep , have you heard of Bill and Hillary Clinton , Barack Obama , voter fraud ?
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 11/11/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And now ladies and gentlemen, the 24 hour campfires children's hour, brought to you by your host, deflave. May not be suitable for children under the age of 25.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
And now ladies and gentlemen, the 24 hour campfires children's hour, brought to you by your host, deflave. May not be suitable for children under the age of 25.

LMAO.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
I'm not a police basher or idolize them , but most do a good job and a tough one . But it is hard to believe that someone would think there is no corruption this deep , have you heard of Bill and Hillary Clinton , Barack Obama , voter fraud ?
Kenneth

People tend to demonize things that are far away from them and not what is right in front of their face.

One of the many reasons people should watch this documentary.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“ The cops are not your friends.”

( cliff notes version )

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I don’t think that adage adequately covers a 20 hour documentary that took over a decade to film.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
As a cop...I am still convinced that Avery was at least involved, at worst responsible. The atrocities that occurred within that "investigation," however, are beyond the pale. Evidence was absolutely planted, confessions were coerced, and the trial was a sham. A lot of people need to be in jail over this ordeal...but it wont happen. There is a lot of evidence not presented in the documentary that points toward the guilt of Avery and clan....but not one single shred of that makes what happened in this case acceptable, or even tolerable.

The better part of 20 years in this business has taught me that nothing is as corrupt and completely rotten as a legal system gone unchecked.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
The Easter Bunny did it, Santa Claus helped move the body. I watched (or I should say my wife was watching, and I was having a hard time ignoring) the episode when the so called blood spatter experts were trying to prove the evidence was faked or planted. They told so many bald faced lies about blood spatter in the space of a few minutes I couldn't take it. It was like listening to Chuck Schumer talk about assault rifles. I have been to literally hundreds of scenes (over the last nearly 40 years) where there was blood all over the place, and I actually know a little about this.

I worked on a murder where the guy killed his drinking "buddy" on the kitchen table. He rolled the body in the rug and moved it into the back yard. The he moved the bloody table out by the garbage can. Then he left it there. For three days. When the smell started to get intense, he moved the body. He moved it 50 feet, to the neighboring yard, which was a vacant lot. He also flipped the table over so the huge blood smear was less obvious. Didn't even make an effort to clean it up. Is it really that surprising that someone who would suddenly kill an acquaintance on an impulse might be an idiot in other areas of their life?

The Making a Murderer series has been quite successful, is it at all possible that the attorneys are making some money off of this series and books and lectures? I noticed that the altruistic defense attorney who took the case "pro bono" has filed multi million dollar law suits on behalf of all her "wrongfully accused" clients. I'm sure she won't take a penny more than half of the final award. What is really more likely, every single officer who worked on the case from the greenest patrolman to the elected sheriff engaged in a complex conspiracy to frame an innocent man (and ensure the safety of the real murderer) , or , the lawyers are lying ambulance chasers. Even the left wing, anti cop Vanity Fair described it as "believing in bigfoot". In all honesty, I find it easier to believe that bigfoot really is out there. Maybe bigfoot helped Santa Claus move the body.

And on the topic of talking to the cops, that is correct. When someone is dead, the cops are not there to be your friend, they are there to find out what happened. If you just killed someone, they are probably going to figure that out, and you want to talk to a lawyer, not to the police.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...prosecutor-says-Steven-Avery-guilty.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/making-a-murderer-conspiracy-theory

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Learmorer
The Easter Bunny did it, Santa Claus helped move the body. I watched (or I should say my wife was watching, and I was having a hard time ignoring) the episode when the so called blood spatter experts were trying to prove the evidence was faked or planted. They told so many bald faced lies about blood spatter in the space of a few minutes I couldn't take it. It was like listening to Chuck Schumer talk about assault rifles. I have been to literally hundreds of scenes (over the last nearly 40 years) where there was blood all over the place, and I actually know a little about this.

I worked on a murder where the guy killed his drinking "buddy" on the kitchen table. He rolled the body in the rug and moved it into the back yard. The he moved the bloody table out by the garbage can. Then he left it there. For three days. When the smell started to get intense, he moved the body. He moved it 50 feet, to the neighboring yard, which was a vacant lot. He also flipped the table over so the huge blood smear was less obvious. Didn't even make an effort to clean it up. Is it really that surprising that someone who would suddenly kill an acquaintance on an impulse might be an idiot in other areas of their life?

The Making a Murderer series has been quite successful, is it at all possible that the attorneys are making some money off of this series and books and lectures? I noticed that the altruistic defense attorney who took the case "pro bono" has filed multi million dollar law suits on behalf of all her "wrongfully accused" clients. I'm sure she won't take a penny more than half of the final award. What is really more likely, every single officer who worked on the case from the greenest patrolman to the elected sheriff engaged in a complex conspiracy to frame an innocent man (and ensure the safety of the real murderer) , or , the lawyers are lying ambulance chasers. Even the left wing, anti cop Vanity Fair described it as "believing in bigfoot". In all honesty, I find it easier to believe that bigfoot really is out there. Maybe bigfoot helped Santa Claus move the body.

And on the topic of talking to the cops, that is correct. When someone is dead, the cops are not there to be your friend, they are there to find out what happened. If you just killed someone, they are probably going to figure that out, and you want to talk to a lawyer, not to the police.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...prosecutor-says-Steven-Avery-guilty.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/making-a-murderer-conspiracy-theory

As stated you didn’t watch the documentary and your post is a reflection of that.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by liliysdad
As a cop...I am still convinced that Avery was at least involved, at worst responsible. The atrocities that occurred within that "investigation," however, are beyond the pale. Evidence was absolutely planted, confessions were coerced, and the trial was a sham. A lot of people need to be in jail over this ordeal...but it wont happen. There is a lot of evidence not presented in the documentary that points toward the guilt of Avery and clan....but not one single shred of that makes what happened in this case acceptable, or even tolerable.

The better part of 20 years in this business has taught me that nothing is as corrupt and completely rotten as a legal system gone unchecked.

I’m indifferent to the case itself. I just think the actions and decisions of judges, lawyers and law enforcement should be seen.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thanks. I'll check it out.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I’m indifferent to the case itself. I just think the actions and decisions of judges, lawyers and law enforcement should be seen.

I agree completely. It makes my blood boil.....I think for me, having done this for so long, the hardest part is watching these crooked bastards do things that could potentially let a murderer walk, all because they were angry and bitter about being wrong.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
At deflates suggestion I binge watched the whole thing.
lilysdad—thank you for your perspective.
I was once arrested for a crime I didn’t commit—didn’t have anything to do with it—was totally unaware of it. That became apparent to the investigators pretty quickly.
What surprised me was the cops were extremely angry with me—because they acted on bad information. They acted like it was my fault they got snookered by a con.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I saw previews to this and have it in mind to watch it when time allows...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10ring1, 12344mag, 50 invisible), 2,841 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,755
Posts18,514,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.