Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
let's face it, almost all, if not all adult human men & women love sex. it's so uplifting, enjoyable, etc. etc.

in the past without the guts of a goat or sheep or something similar to prevent conception, then conception could result.

time of the month for the female was also a factor. and certain "religious" practices also had an impact?

but now, with some 7.2 billion people, more or less, then do we need to approach the problem from a new direction?

we know people like sex. just look around. we see the effects of sex every day. they're walking the streets, some begging.

is there a problem with the basic design? or, can we overcome any basic design flaws with technology?

what we might have here is a failure to address some fundamental problems that might be creeping up on us?

as a societal effort should we be holding back on populating the earth as quickly as possible, or moving faster in that direction?

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They need to do something in Africa for sure, although Aids has curbed the population growth some.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
yes, aids & even the various other diseases. but once they jumped the big water and came to america we also found ourselves in the mix.

the game is on now?

either we become truly Fortress America, which i doubt will happen, at least not soon enough to matter,

or, various diseases extant in the world will travel by airplane, ship, and bomb blasts to the rest of the world.

the un holds rituals, and they do next to nothing. the food & agriculture orgn of the un tries, but are utterly failing.

hell, we can't even control the explosion of the wild hog population in georgia. they're destroying the suburbanites landscaping.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Religion has really helped f--- this up. Be fruitful and multiply. That directive may have made sense many years ago, but now helps create an overpopulated planet.
Too many people = more pollution, disease & waste of resources.
I say practice birth control on a global scale, not abortion.
I guess it has it's good points, if you're on welfare, the more kids you can pop out the more money you get. But that's ok, the people that worked all their lives end up paying for them.
The pope needs to start handing out condoms & birth control pills.

JMHO

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
we have been fruitfull and multiplied. we've done what is ask of us. so, what next?

the docs & medical folks are doing all they can to keep us alive as long as possible, for fun & profits.

the day after abortion pill or something similar could be dispensed in kid's lunch buckets?

the problem is an economic one, economic theory depends upon growth.

but, just how much growth, and where does "ultimate" growth take us?

the economists are in a quagmire. they see the dilemma, but no solution?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What I find painfully obvious is that Gus likes question marks.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
What I find painfully obvious is that Gus likes question marks.

P

big pharma might be sitting on a gold mine, and some know it and some don't?

ve humans are not like a bunch of animals in continuous breeding season are we? are we?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What a crazy fugging thing to worry about.

Next people will be looking into controlling the weather and climate.

Clip your puppet stings.

I am MAGA.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
it's probably a better idea to work to control & regulate climate & weather than a bunch of humans loose down here on the urth?

a bunch of humans out of control is one thing.

the climate & weather is quite another.

weather control, the russians have that covered.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We arent out of control.

What makes you think we are? The fact that there are more of us today than yesterday?

At least with climate change there is information and statistics.

Population problem? NO evidence such a problem exists.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Control of the population and working toward a workable and stable economic model is something which whould have been addressed seriously fifty years ago but, plainly, it was not. It was widely known that the human population was going down a runaway path but most did not want try and address it; probably because that wasn't where the money was. Even now, people are quick to say something has to be done in Africa or India but we can keep right on breeding. I think it's too late and while my generation will likely be OK (within the next ten years or so I may be gone), even my children may be paying the penalty. GD

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Population problem? NO evidence such a problem exists.

Which planet are you on? This is absolutely nuckin' futz. Look how many people are starving in Africa, Asia, or even in our inner cities

Gus ... the end game is famine leading to wars over the scraps. Malthus predicted the end game in 1798 with his book. He was correct then, nothing has changed 'cept technological (including medical) advances pushing carrying capacity outwards. One day we will encounter or create a bug we can't stop and about 98% of the earth's population will be dead within a year or less. It's not "if", it is "when." I suspect you know that the same as I do. Whole lotta people are whistling as they pass the graveyard.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by greydog
Control of the population and working toward a workable and stable economic model is something which whould have been addressed seriously fifty years ago but, plainly, it was not. It was widely known that the human population was going down a runaway path but most did not want try and address it; probably because that wasn't where the money was. Even now, people are quick to say something has to be done in Africa or India but we can keep right on breeding. I think it's too late and while my generation will likely be OK (within the next ten years or so I may be gone), even my children may be paying the penalty. GD

Have to strongly disagree with you.
The prosperous countries, those who produce more than they consume, have negative growth birth rates.
Even in the US, the people that are successful and can totally support their families, aren't having two kids per couple.
The dim bulbs that are subsidized are the baby factories.

We need MORE babies born to hard working, productive, intelligent, moral families.

Big Jim up there in Montana has a few chillins' and he is young.
He needs to get with the program and make a few more young ranchers.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Big Jim's too busy to make more keeds.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What a crazy fugging thing to worry about.

+1

China tried this, with a vengeance - see how that has worked out for them. Reproduction is perhaps the strongest biological urge known and is at the center of maintaining biological diversity. Any attempt to control this will end badly. Over population on the other hand is easily controlled by mother nature whether we like the results or not.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you were offered the chance to populate an uninhabited planet, would you do it? Or would you stay here and devour this planet?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillionbuck
The dim bulbs that are subsidized are the baby factories.

Biologically the fecund will inherit the earth - we may be outsmarting ourselves.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
If you were offered the chance to populate an uninhabited planet, would you do it? Or would you stay here and devour this planet?

The only chance for mankind is to get off this rock. Review astronomy - planet is doomed - Sol turns into a red giant our world ends in fire - totally toast.

Ed

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Religion has really helped f--- this up. Be fruitful and multiply. That directive may have made sense many years ago, but now helps create an overpopulated planet.

The verse says in total “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion” over all creation (Genesis 1:28). Note that it doesn't say that there's no end to it. Man has completed the task and the earth is full. There is no command to keep multiplying after the earth is full.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

The verse says in total “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion” over all creation (Genesis 1:28). Note that it doesn't say that there's no end to it. Man has completed the task and the earth is full. There is no command to keep multiplying after the earth is full.

I see the only caveat to the command given to Adam and Eve is the one you added, which is found nowhere in Genesis or anywhere else in any of the half a dozen versions of the Bible I've seen. So does that mean that another version of the Bible will be dictated soon which clarifies, or are you just pulling that out of your ass, like all the other Bible-quoters?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,705
Posts18,494,387
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.