Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
You can have every one of those dang places.

I will pass.

After years of travel, the more I deal with cities and people, the more I like being in the middle of nowhere.

This is my idea of neighbors:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One of these days I hope to live at the cabin full time.

Maybe go to town once every couple months for a grocery run. If I absolutely HAVE to.

Given the choice, that's about where I'd be if I couldn't find a similar area in the Delaware Mountains in Texas. I'll hopefully retire in the next three or four years, but I just don't see either option in the cards. Geeze, I don't wanna live out my life in this phugging place!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hanco
I pick Florida!

At least Florida is warm! We've got 5" of snow on the ground in Northern Colorado!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by hanco
I pick Florida!

At least Florida is warm! We've got 5" of snow on the ground in Northern Colorado!

It’s just about 90* here today, which is on the very warm side of warm, but we’re supposed to get a “cold” front here and by the weekend it will be in the high 70’s. Winter clothing here consists of a long sleeve t-shirt and running shoes instead of flip flops. I’m born and raised in S FL, as is my Dad, but my wife and I have been seriously talking about moving northward to somewhere like E Tennessee or W NC, like everyone else who is fleeing the mess down here. Someplace where there’s hunting and some space. If I had my way, I’d go to WY or Idaho as I’ve spent a lot of time out there and really look forward to moving there someday. For the short term I’ll just continue driving sportfish boats in tournaments until I can’t take it any more and need some seasons, then off to Tennessee for us.

Craig

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
T
I’ve got a friend that spent $17,000 on his bike.

WTF, it's made of platinum?

I spent about $17,000 on a bike a few yrs ago - of course it came with a 1584cc V-twin engine, 6 speed transmission, a fair amount of chrome, but no platinum unless its in the spark plugs.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, my plan is to enjoy most all the areas of the country when I retire. Bought this little place in Florida a little over a year ago, and fund a decent job to go woth it. Once I'm done however, plan on using this place as a home base and traveling with a medium sized camping trailer to visit friends and family in the Northern states during the Summer months for Walleye fishing, and after Fall and hunting season is over, return to Florida for fishing and oysters during the Winter months!

Might even stop by and visit my buddy Mackay in Idaho! grin

What else does a bachelor and two dogs need?

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Mostly titanium I think.

Probably carbon fiber. $17,000 is a bit much for Mtn bike. You can get a very top of the line one for only about $10,000 with a carbon wheelset.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You can retire to Nebraska or Iowa where..

1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is three cars waiting to pass a tractor.
3. You have had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" on the same day
4. You end sentences with a preposition; "Where's my coat at?"

Sounds like home.

Black Cows Matter!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BeanMan

Mostly titanium I think.

Probably carbon fiber. $17,000 is a bit much for Mtn bike. You can get a very top of the line one for only about $10,000 with a carbon wheelset.

It may be, I'm not sure since I've never seen the bike. I do remember the number he told me though. He had it custom built from a high end fabricator.

I guess it's kind of like rifle loonies. Once you get to a certain point you want what you want and are willing to pay for it. He's not an extravagant guy, he's a divorced guy that lives in a modest house in Tuscon and doesn't drive a fancy car or truck. He works with me as an airline pilot, he makes good money but doesn't blow it. His big hobby is riding plus he likes to bird hunt so every fall he goes home to Iowa for a few weeks to hunt with some old friends, the rest of the year he's usually riding his bike around Tuscon.

I'm sure most can relate, he saved up for something he really wanted and went all out on it to make it the way he wanted. It brings him a lot of enjoyment and he's earned it so why not?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
It's a pretty lame store that doesn't.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.