Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I started handloading with a Lee Loader 45 ACP when I was 20. Coupled with a Lyman manual it seemed a good way to learn the basics. I have several collett dies and 2 of the auto hand primers. I appreciate the practical economy of some of the Lee products.

GB1

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by mathman
It struck me funny too, but I came to believe the OP meant he took note of it later that he'd have liked.

Yup, I got what the OP meant, just got a chuckle from the way it was written since it was very different from the intended meaning.

I'm a joker - but not that type of joker . smile
Plenty of disrespectful people like reloader28 around .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by mathman
It struck me funny too, but I came to believe the OP meant he took note of it later that he'd have liked.

Yup, I got what the OP meant, just got a chuckle from the way it was written since it was very different from the intended meaning.

+1

RIP Mr. Lee. I started hand loading with a hammer powered Lee Loader. Thank you for the introduction.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I still have my fair share of Lee products. Do miss the older Lee auto prime.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Love his reloading manual and the Lee FCD. God bless and RIP Mr. Lee .

Last edited by shawlerbrook; 10/20/18.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Love his reloading manual and the Lee FCD.

When I was shooting a lot of IPSC/IDPA, a special order Lee .002" undersized 45 ACP sizing die and Lee FCD made a lot of rounds go into battery that I'm sure wouldn't have otherwise.

Murphy was a grunt.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
One of my favorite Lee product memories would be the day a nylon crimp starter made its reappearance. The very young at the time male cat I had thought it would make a good toy. When the noise finally bugged me enough, I headed into the basement to check out the clamor. After getting the thing away from him, it was checked for damage and found to be unscathed. That was 15 years and two houses ago. The tools still around, the cat sadly passed on this summer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I will add my condolences to those he left behind. I will also thank him for all that he has done for me in my reloading life. Along with what I have found to be very good equipment at a reasonable price, he also provided the impetus to other manufacturers to take a look at the price of their equipment.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Never saw anything precision in any Lee products.

That’s because you’re fuggin retarded, not much can be done about that.

Same old Campfire. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it is dissenting. And no, I am not retarded. I just disagree. Usually being disagreeable really angers the Liberal Snowflakes.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all , ever heard that saying ?

I could practice what I preach oftentimes but not in threads like this .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike
If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all , ever heard that saying ?

Yes, but I dont subscribe to it.

I am confident to speak my mind and not cower to soft-spoken people pleasers.

I said nothing critical of Mr. Lee. Nor did I say anything judgmental toward you.

As is typical on the Fire, I am not awarded the same.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Foul language is an Illiterate mind trying to express itself.

Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
What a legacy to leave to his children. I had never heard who owned or started Lee Precision, glad I took the time to read the eulogy. Impressive inventor, but even more impressive of a husband and father.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sorry to hear this. I started my reloading using the old Lee shotshell handloading kit on my coffee table when I was a poor, young skeeter wing Army private. I wish I still had it. I currently use Lee priming tools and about to purchase a Load All II for shotshell reloading.

Memory Eternal.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man had some great ideas.When I started reloading I had all RCBS dies,now I use mostly Lee dies.I have a lot of reloading manuals,but the one I pick up the most is Lee.He may be gone,but his works live on.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ol_mike
His eulogy can be seen at the Lee website for anyone interested .

https://leeprecision.com/

Thanks Mike for the link to his son's Eulogy.. definitely a life well lived...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Rest in peace, Mr. Lee.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Foul language is an Illiterate mind trying to express itself.

And need to comment for comment sake is a sign of one starved for attention. Especially a negative comment while others are paying respects to an honorable man.

Thank you Mr Lee for considering the needs of the average man whose interests were allowed to flourish because of your efforts. Without you I probably would never have started reloading. Because of you I could make very accurate ammo, safely, and for less money than others who somehow fail to use your equipment as designed.
Thank you for hosting easy to follow informative videos and producing understandable manuals. Rest in peace.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank you Mrt Lee for the innovation you showed in the reloading industry, you broke the box or the envelope and created many products that while inexpensive or not especially "pretty" that produced more precise results than many of the traditional manufacturers. Thank you for showing the way to the traditionalists so as to improve their products.I am sorry that some of your successes were not produced after a time due to barrister rejection. Thank you for helping so many of us when during the early family forming years and we rarely had 2 nickels, to reload and keep shooting. Not only was he a manufacturer in that case but also provided a service to many of us shooters by helping us start at the basic levels of reloading leading"upward to addiction".

Thank you again Mr Lee, may you rest in peace, or fly your airplanes over eternity. Rogn

precision is group shooting, accuracy is hitting your intended target.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.