Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Fair Chase: I appreciate when a fellow hunter exposes a fraudulent guide. When someone posts about a thief there is always someone who insists upon shooting the messenger. The internet has been a wonderful tool for shortening the crooked career of fraudulent guides. I suggest you google Blair World wide or Martin Pieters.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Billy H: The reason you did not see another post about Shane is that most guys are too embarrassed about being screwed.There is nothing to be ashamed about because they are up against a master shyster with much more experience at being a thief. Thanks for your report. Ignore the few pot shots you will undoubtedly receive. The rest of us appreciate it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bobmn
Fair Chase: I appreciate when a fellow hunter exposes a fraudulent guide. When someone posts about a thief there is always someone who insists upon shooting the messenger. The internet has been a wonderful tool for shortening the crooked career of fraudulent guides. I suggest you google Blair World wide or Martin Pieters.

You're exactly right Bob, I appreciate the warning about any and all crooks.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This goon has been pulling this bullschitt for years. Had I know this happened I would have pulled you out of the hotel and taken the week off to take you hunting gratis. I’m no guide but neither is Shane. He was the bow tech at the local Sportsmans Warehouse.

I wish I knew you were considering this. Hell he COMPED Eva Shockey a hunt and she left after 1 day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I'm still trying to figure out the "bait" in regards to elk hunting?

Apples in cow pastures is his usual mo.

He has killed some elk and apparently has a significant set of leases. That said everyone on the local forums who have hinted with him report being put in blinds on cow pastures with apples and corn for bait. Graham is not a big city and most properties there are not very big. Probably not many farms over 100 acres.

And it does get the crap shot out of it for ducks and geese. I know as I hit birds in that area and have many friends who live and farm there.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Did "Shane" drive a yellow Avalanche?

Almost complete opposite side of the state from Mark.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gunner500

As do I.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Good grief, that was not the point of my post.
I don't use outfitters.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As soon as I saw the name in the headline I knew how this story would go. That sucks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
As soon as I saw the name in the headline I knew how this story would go. That sucks

Sadly anyone with ties to hunting in WA. could have called this one. I wonder if one could still find Eva Shockeys blast of him. He put her in a farm field off 224th and Meridian over apples and corn

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by gunner500

As do I.

Yes, I believe to a degree we are charged with NOT doing biz with crooks, we have to try and save them from themselves, correction after the fact causes so much paperwork. cool

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Taco280AI

Sadly anyone with ties to hunting in WA. could have called this one. I wonder if one could still find Eva Shockeys blast of him. He put her in a farm field off 224th and Meridian over apples and corn

WTH is this?

https://www.facebook.com/evashockeyfanpage/posts/695087257185507

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

He been known to travel. I saw him in Tennessee once.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

He been known to travel. I saw him in Tennessee once.
IIRC he sweet talked a ride or ride share out of a guy from MT for that trip...

PS- I have an Uberlanche, but it is not yeller...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That is a gross edit of her initial post. Also you will notice several people saying they wouldn’t pay that guide or recommend him after her last several posts. Posts which were later erased.......

The bull they are talking about is a huge 7x1 that was well known in that area for many years and pretty much lived on a dentists land that doesn’t allow hunting. This guide has land that butts up to it and apparently the bull was on it one day.

It was no secret they were in town for this “hunt”’and we ran into a few of her camera guys at a local bar and they said what we all knew. Corn and apples in a farm field 250 yds off a major highway intersection. Yes there are elk there and some are quite large but they are also half tame.

Read the comments as I know several of the guys posting on that who are hard core elk hunters, 3 of them present for my conversation with the camera man.

Or for more fun go to the hunt Washington site and search his name......

Last edited by MallardAddict; 12/06/17.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

That is a gross edit of her initial post. Also you will notice several people saying they wouldn’t pay that guide or recommend him after her last several posts. Posts which were later erased.......

The bull they are talking about is a huge 7x1 that was well known in that area for many years and pretty much lived on a dentists land that doesn’t allow hunting. This guide has land that butts up to it and apparently the bull was on it one day.

It was no secret they were in town for this “hunt”’and we ran into a few of her camera guys at a local bar and they said what we all knew. Corn and apples in a farm field 250 yds off a major highway intersection. Yes there are elk there and some are quite large but they are also half tame.

Read the comments as I know several of the guys posting on that who are hard core elk hunters, 3 of them present for my conversation with the camera man.

Or for more fun go to the hunt Washington site and search his name......

I'm not doubting anybody, I don't do Facebook so I can't see the whole deal. I was just taken aback by what I could see, given what I read here.

Last edited by mathman; 12/06/17.
B
Billy_H Offline OP
OP Offline
B
This goon has been pulling this bullschitt for years. Had I know this happened I would have pulled you out of the hotel and taken the week off to take you hunting gratis. I’m no guide but neither is Shane. He was the bow tech at the local Sportsmans Warehouse.

I wish I knew you were considering this. Hell he COMPED Eva Shockey a hunt and she left after 1 day.

Thank you sir, I truly do appreciate the gesture. I've had no less than half a dozen people offer to take me hunting if I ever go back to Washington. It's very humbling to know that there are still decent people in this world. My only mission is to give people information on how he conducts business. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next hunting show he attends this year. He uses the exposure he gets from the tv shows and personalities as a catalyst to sell to people that don't know any better. I've sent emails and messages to everyone that endorses him and have encouraged dozens more to do the same.

B
Billy_H Offline OP
OP Offline
B

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Billy H, why join a site like this one to bitch about something after the fact? If it really matters to you, you would have already been a member.

Thanks for letting others know.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
G
Hunters Beware - On a recent Guided Elk , this guide did not provide a Guided Elk that was paid for , six hunters to one guide is NOT a 1 on 1 guide service . There was no shuttle service as promised and no private property to hunt , and no blinds to hunt out of . The hunting area was on State Land open to everyone, the Guide was a inexperienced 18 year old boy with lots of excuses and attitude issues . There were no Elk in the area as well. Promises were made that Bull Elk were in this area and that we would see lots of Elk . This was simply not true . The area was obviously over hunted and the Elk , if they were there had been pushed out . And the last time I checked Elk are not bothered by rain and the time change , as our guide implied . Elk don't have watches and can't tell time . Find a different guide , this one is a Scam Artist. I feel totally ripped off. Gary S. Thanks For doing this for me !! No need to give my complete name . Gary S. is plenty for these types of people.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 204guy, 46 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,844
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.