Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm wondering which companies made their line of clothing, especially down vests and camo parkas?

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Probably a bunch of different companies with the lowest bid. It is amazing how many name brand products are made to spec by contracted companies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
China Inc.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No idea but tell you what, don't know if they still carry them but a few years back I bought a pair of Cabela's Roughneck work dungarees. Way better than carhartts. Double knees, riveted. Those pants took abuse over and over for two years straight. Not exaggerating. They're all patched up in spots but I still have them and break them out in the coldest days.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not sure who made it but the quality was very good in most cases.

NRA Patron
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There are exceptions.... But

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"imported" (Hop Sing)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just miss their 7 pocket hiker pants. I wore every pair I ever bought for at least 10 years before they wore out and they don't make them like they used too.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by k20350
I just miss their 7 pocket hiker pants. I wore every pair I ever bought for at least 10 years before they wore out and they don't make them like they used too.

That's true with most things. I'm at a point in life that if I find something that really works for me I try to buy a lifetime supply. My wife can garage sale off the leftovers if I over estimated. smile

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I believe with Bass Pro taking over things will go to hell in a hand basket.

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

You mean WENT to hell in a hand basket

They are killing all the good lines that I can see - like the MT50 line

And the life time warranty’s are not longer there at all, these have been drifting away for a while though

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had and still have many great cabelas brand clothing products. Cabelas is dead now. At least seems that way.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep, I agree. Quality Cabelas hunting clothing is a thing of the past. BassPro quality has never been on par with Cabelas and now they’ve poisoned the Cabelas name. Honestly, since BassPro has taken over I’ve quit going to and ordering from Cabelas. I have nothing against BassPro personally, they just don’t sell the same quality of stuff as Cabelas did....and they certainly don’t cater to the western big game hunter the way Cabelas did. Seems to me that lots of customers feel the same as last time I was in the Lehi, Utah store on a Saturday it was dead! That was never the case when Cabelas was it’s own entity. Wouldn’t be surprised to see BassPro close down a lot of their stores in the future. I don’t think long time Cabelas employees were too happy with the merger either. I think they could see the demise of a once great company before it happened. I wish them the best but unless product quality and inventory goes up they will not get my hard earned dollar anymore.

Leftybolt

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always thought the Cabela brand of products were considerably better quality than the redhead bass pro brand of products with one exception. I have a pair of bass pro wool socks that are guaranteed for life and bought these about 8 yrs ago. Warm as hell and very well made. I wore through the first pair about 2 yrs ago and brought them in for replacement, no questions asked. That is the only bass pro brand item I have been happy with though. I have a variety of cabela brand items that are worth every penny I paid for them and then some. Sucks when things change for the worse and that usually happens once competition is removed from the equation. My .02 on the subject anyway.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 11/18/18.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have one of the first Gore-Tex coats by Cabela's Made in the USA got around 1980....still use it....spring and fall fishing mostly now....first 10 years I had it was heavy into duck hunting and used it a lot....it in great condition for its age....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure who made/makes it for them, but the Cabela's Wooltimate line is some fine stuff.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The responses here remind me of the good stuff that once was. Heck, 20 years ago a buddy and I were planning on driving from Western Oregon to Sidney so we couldn't marvel at the great gear. Now, not a chance and I am bitter.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
There are exceptions.... But

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I believe with Bass Pro taking over things will go to hell in a hand basket.

Things were more or less gone before the buyout, IMO.

Pretty much done with Cabela's with an exception here or there occasionally.

MM

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Two years a go I purchased a Cabela's Guide Gear heavy parka w/goretex.

It is tagged "made in Vietnam".

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The question is, what's the alternative? Who will take Cabelas place?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 9 invisible), 4,129 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,810
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.