Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Had some of their old MK IV scopes and had issue with canted reticles. Must say that they had good CS and replaced defective product as it was brand new out of box. But at the same time it made me question if they had any control at all over the actual quality control as these things are spec'd out who knows where.

Nonetheless Leupold made good on them and I moved to USO and a Schmidt Bender.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have owned one Leupold and it failed-TWICE! I finally got them to fix it right and it went down the road. Other than the fact that they did not fix it the first time, I have no complaints with their customer service.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There is much that I love about Leuopold scopes and their customer service has consistly been great the 10 times or so I have have sent scopes back.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Calvin
My fourth rodeo with sending leupold scopes back due to internal fogging. Really can't complain, as they send me a new one, and I promptly put it up for sale, NIB. I was loyal to a fault, but I'm moving on.

Moving on to what?

Just curious.

DF

Probably the 6x Super Sniper. Have my first one on the way. I did kill a few bucks yesterday with the Leupold on my backup rifle though. Lots of memories with Leupold, but the terrible tracking and the constant send backs put me over the edge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These Leupold threads always remind me of a Toyota car advertisement I saw a few years ago. grin

Customer: I am here to look at this sedan. Is it as reliable as a Toyota?

Salesman: We have the best warranty in the business!

Customer: No, that's not what I meant. Is the car as reliable as a Toyota?

Salesman: Our warranty is great, you can rest assured we will take care of you!

Customer: So, is the car reliable, or is the warranty reliable?

Salesman: Our warranty is great!

Customer: I am going to buy a Toyota.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
There is much that I love about Leuopold scopes and their customer service has consistly been great the 10 times or so I have have sent scopes back.

You've had to send Leupold's back 10 or more times and you love them?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over (buying Leupold's) and expecting different results (reliability).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChetAF
These Leupold threads always remind me of a Toyota car advertisement I saw a few years ago. grin

Customer: I am here to look at this sedan. Is it as reliable as a Toyota?

Salesman: We have the best warranty in the business!

Customer: No, that's not what I meant. Is the car as reliable as a Toyota?

Salesman: Our warranty is great, you can rest assured we will take care of you!

Customer: So, is the car reliable, or is the warranty reliable?

Salesman: Our warranty is great!

Customer: I am going to buy a Toyota.

I'd buy another Leupold before another Toyota, their cars anyway. My Corolla was a major POS.

Sorry for the hijack; I'm still pissed.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer

I hope I am detecting sarcasm.

Y
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
Toyota vechile’s been great to me and I hope my two Leupolds would do the same. I did fall hard on my vx5HD on a steep hill and banged the crap out of the scooe but it still tracks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So to the folks who moved on from Leupold, what are your top brands?

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Normally if something bad is going to happen to someone, it happens to me. Product failure, recalls, you name it. Leupold has been an exception to that rule. Six rifle scopes and a spotting scope, not one problem. My only dealing with their cs has been to order a new eye cup for the spotter, and dammit if they didn't send me two, no charge.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I like the companies that have great customer service ...I never have to use.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 65BR
So to the folks who moved on from Leupold, what are your top brands?

I switched over to SS scopes. 3x9 and 3x15. Love em. My wife shot a nice whitetail buck tonight with my 243 about dark. They have been very reliable.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by yurotrash
Toyota vechile’s been great to me and I hope my two Leupolds would do the same. I did fall hard on my vx5HD on a steep hill and banged the crap out of the scooe but it still tracks.

No way...if you will read all the threads on Leupold you would realize that none of them track to begin with so how in the world is it going to work after BS's drop test?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got one for you, just mounted my VX-6 I got last year and low and behold.........there is an elevation dial for the windage. So my “R” is a “U”. How crazy is that?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Travis13
I got one for you, just mounted my VX-6 I got last year and low and behold.........there is an elevation dial for the windage. So my “R” is a “U”. How crazy is that?

They do that nowadays. That way, when the erector starts acting screwy and you call and tell them that the adjustments are bad, they can say that they mean for the POI to move 'Up' when you try to move it 'Right'.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just got a 4.5-14LR back from repair. 4th time on that scope.. great service!?

Y
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Y
I will let you know if and when it stops tracking. BS testing? I fell and tested the scope for tracking that was all. Why you don’t test your scope if you accidentally banged it up?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yurotrash: I have Hunted all this Big Game season with Rifles scoped with Leupolds - not a glitch nor even a need to adjust from LAST seasons scope settings - in fact my Remington 700 Sendero with Leupold 6.5x20 variable scope on it has not needed an adjustment in the last 7 years!
It (Rifle and scope combo) HOLDS zero!
In fact I have been using Leupold scopes for the last 56 years and have as yet to experience a "failure"!
Just checked my online inventory of Rifles (both Big Game and Varmint Rifles!) and I currently have 66 (sixty six) Rifles with Leupold scopes on them.
Over the last half century plus I have probably owned another 40 - 50 Leupold scopes that were mounted on Rifles and still, have as yet to incur a failure with any of these!
I am proud and confident to own and use Leupold scopes - and will continue to do so despite the drivel espoused by the few Leupold naysayers around here.
Leupold & Stevens Company a proud AMERICAN company.
On our Hunt yesterday (November 19th) two head of Big Game were brought to bag by "Leupold scopes" - most savy Hunters I know and Hunt with do NOT hesitate to use Leupold scopes.
I have used Leupold scopes from Alaska to the south end of the Rocky Mountains and most places in between (including SE Alaska, the Olympic Rain Forest, in bitter cold, in blazing heat, in blizzards and monsoon like downpours) still waiting for failure #1.
I'll use your term "freaking Leupold" in this context - freaking Leupolds, are amazing!
Long live Leupold & Stevens - a great AMERICAN Company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well no wonder. With that many rifles, you can't have fired any of them enough to reveal the inherent weaknesses!

Just pickin'😜

Honestly, sixty-six?!! Next time I start felling guilty about about how much I spend on guns, I can just say, "At least I'm not as bad as that VarmintGuy (just like a good Baptist).

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (12344mag, 17Hunter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 153, 72 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,978
Posts18,480,823
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.