Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I have seen these on TV, but don't have any specifics. The Nikon website isn't any help either. Does anyone have any experience with these? Cost, range, glass quality, etc? Thanks.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for the feedback.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
I have seen these on TV, but don't have any specifics. The Nikon website isn't any help either. Does anyone have any experience with these? Cost, range, glass quality, etc? Thanks.

Please see our recent post on the Nikon Laserforce describing it and announcing the $200.00 instant rebate bring in below $1000.00

As the supporting vendor here it would be my pleasure to discuss these with you. Great unit and nothing at this price level is as good

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have spent some time with the LaserForce rangefinding bino's and they have worked great. A buddy used a pair hard all last season while coyote hunting over 60 days in 6 states in all types of weather. He has youtube video using them, Alpha Dog Down. He had nothing but praise for them and hated having to return them to Nikon. I have referred a number of folks to CameraLandny and never heard anything but positives. Rest assured Doug will take good care of you if you decide to go forward with the LaserForce purchase.

Below is a review that might help you make up your mind.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/nikon-laserforce-10x42-rangefinder-binocular-review/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you

The instant rebate of $200.00 runs through this Wednesday so don't miss out on this great savings

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by sharpsguy

I’ve had two pair for testing for 7-8 months, as well as two Swarovski EL Ranges, Leica’s, Vortex, Bushnell Fusions, and a couple of ones that aren’t offered in the US.

If I had to pay my own money.... I would buy the Nikons. The rangefinder is as good as the best offering very quick returns on deer size animals to 900-1,100 yards in most conditions and out to 1,700-1,900 on trees. The rangefinder works in cold weather which is something more rangefinders have a problem with than people realize, and they do well in rain and snow. Glass clarity and contrast is quite good, and right in line with “good” $800-$1,000 binos. Color rendition is solid, though isn’t what the Alpha’s are. Combine all that with Nikon saying they have an Unconditional Lifetime Warrenty even on the electronics, and they’re hard to beat.

The warrenty is pretty important to me, because I’ve had at least one of each of the Alpha bino rangefinders have a problem within the first year. A two year warrenty on the electronics is a no go for me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The gal at Nikon USA told me the warranty is 2 yrs on electronics. I hope you're right and she's wrong, because those Nikon's are very nice.

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//binoculars/laserforce-10x42.html

LIFETIME REPAIR/REPLACEMENT
Excludes lost or stolen products and intentionally caused damage, and also excludes Nikon Rangefinders, Reflex Sights, Red Dot Sights, StabilEyes Binoculars & Specialty Optics.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The gal at Nikon USA told me the warranty is 2 yrs on electronics. I hope you're right and she's wrong, because those Nikon's are very nice.

https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products//binoculars/laserforce-10x42.html

Excludes lost or stolen products and intentionally caused damage, and also excludes Nikon Rangefinders, Reflex Sights, Red Dot Sights, StabilEyes Binoculars & Specialty Optics.

When we’re you told this?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Thank you

The instant rebate of $200.00 runs through this Wednesday so don't miss out on this great savings

Doug,
Can you please clarify the warranty issue that JG and Formidilosus are discussing. Its kind of a deal breaker for a lot of us.
Thx, R

Judges 21:25
“Everyone did what was right in his own eyes.”

Liberal=liberated from God...How's that working out?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

When we’re you told this?

About 3 weeks ago.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

About 3 weeks ago.

Thank you.

This is annoying to me. I worked through two reps and both assured us multiple times that the electronics were covered. Both stated that the Laserforce was the only rangefinder so covered. As with other companies, I didn’t necessarily have faith that they would actually do it, but....

Until we can get confirmation either way, I would say caveat emptor.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This is exactly what has aggravated me with Nikon sport optics. They have several really nice products......the EDG (doesn't get much if any better) binocs, the new Monarch HG is fantastic, and as mentioned I was very impressed with the Laserforce. It seems to depend on who you talk to. I was questioning a knowledgeable guy that posts here about Nikon's warranty on the HG's and was told they are lifetime transferable. When you go to the website and pull up the HG warranty it says otherwise. I have no clue why this can be so hard to communicate to the buying public. It's pretty safe to say that Nikon's marketing isn't exactly on it's game.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

About 3 weeks ago.

Thank you.

This is annoying to me. I worked through two reps and both assured us multiple times that the electronics were covered. Both stated that the Laserforce was the only rangefinder so covered. As with other companies, I didn’t necessarily have faith that they would actually do it, but....

Until we can get confirmation either way, I would say caveat emptor.

Vortex is the only company I know of that does cover electronics. With that said, I am not a huge fan of their LRF Bino. The Ranger series LRF are pretty good, and carry the full lifetime warranty.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rhettsker
Thank you

Doug,
Can you please clarify the warranty issue that JG and Formidilosus are discussing. Its kind of a deal breaker for a lot of us.
Thx, R

How 'bout it Doug.....what does the warranty card say?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m back in the store in the morning and I’ll confirm. I think it’s lifetime on everything but the electronics and 2 years on that but I will confirm

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got off the phone with Angelo at Nikon and he confirmed it is a Lifetime Warranty

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just got off the phone with Angelo at Nikon and he confirmed it is a Lifetime Warranty

Electronics and all? Great news.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Electronics and all? Great news.

Yes sir. I even drilled him on the electronics as nobody else really covers the electronics for more then a couple/few years and he confirmed.

The $200.00 instant rebate on the Nikon 10x42 Laserforce bringing it to only $999.99 ends Wednesday so don't miss out

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
That's good news - but why do all the warranty cards on the Nikon website indicate that rangefinders or binoculars with electronics have a limited warranty? I'd very much like to see something officially published from Nikon regarding the warranty, as "Angelo said it had a lifetime warranty" isn't going to cut it I buy a set and in three years the rangefinder dies and they refuse to cover the warranty. Especially when everything they have published on their site indicates a limited warranty.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
That's good news - but why do all the warranty cards on the Nikon website indicate that rangefinders or binoculars with electronics have a limited warranty? I'd very much like to see something officially published from Nikon regarding the warranty, as "Angelo said it had a lifetime warranty" isn't going to cut it I buy a set and in three years the rangefinder dies and they refuse to cover the warranty. Especially when everything they have published on their site indicates a limited warranty.

Because they haven’t updated the cards. There are official Nikon videos that state they whole thing has a lifetime warrenty.

The two I got came with a note stating that the whole thing was covered under the No Fault Warrenty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.