Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 46 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 45 46
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
I gotta pick me a sporting rifle and get this shot BSA, thinking the little DWM 98 Mauser 6.5 Swede with 140 NPT's. smile

Now come on, that doesn't sound like you. Not going to shoot a mega magnum? grin. 6.5 swede, did they every make an inaccurate one?? Hope you had a great Christmas buddy. Hopefully you didn't hurt yourself with the chainsaw or trip over a cow pie or something.. grin. Remember good health and prosperity for 2019!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, hell yeah buddy, that long firing pin fall and 33lb spring on that 98 will be hell for concentration, the lock time alone will give me a coronarygrin, and yes, no more 'hand vaulting' over the yard fences acting like a robber in front of 600lbs of Rottweiler ; ]

Splitting maul and chainsaw are all good, just split and stacked more firewood yesterday, You and Yours have a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous 2019 as well my Friend.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a preview. If I get more time, I'll follow-up with a post in compliance with the rules. Wasn't thinking about this thread/challenge while at the range.

More details here, if you're interested: LaRue OBR, ATACR

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Jason, post your results in the black rifle challenge to my friend. Looks great. Good luck too. As others will attest, a bunch of us shot 1 stellar 1 hole group and then the next one falls apart a little. Yours may be different. Im curious to see how well that set-up does. Looking good for a preliminary though.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Jason, post your results in the black rifle challenge to my friend. Looks great. Good luck too. As others will attest, a bunch of us shot 1 stellar 1 hole group and then the next one falls apart a little. Yours may be different. Im curious to see how well that set-up does. Looking good for a preliminary though.

While setting the zero last weekend, there were some other really good groups but I pulled a few. I think they were all due to me, and not the rifle. I fired 100 rounds in total and got a good feel of what it could do while fiddling with the zero and shooting the tall target test 2x. I'm not a fan of a pistol grip, and the heavy trigger exposes my weakness of needing a light trigger as my crutch blush We also had to shoot off the old school benches that force you to sit sideways to the target. This sucks for recoil control. If we could have shot prone, that rifle might have done a little better as it would have helped me a bunch. That's why I think a better shooter could have done well with that rifle.

Anyway, I was hoping to shoot that rifle some more, but won't see it again for a few weeks. Probably won't do much more at 100, as we'll be shooting 500+. Hope to post an update in the other thread, that I started, if you are interested.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 4th_point

While setting the zero last weekend, there were some other really good groups but I pulled a few. I think they were all due to me, and not the rifle. I fired 100 rounds in total and got a good feel of what it could do while fiddling with the zero and shooting the tall target test 2x. I'm not a fan of a pistol grip, and the heavy trigger exposes my weakness of needing a light trigger as my crutch blush We also had to shoot off the old school benches that force you to sit sideways to the target. This sucks for recoil control. If we could have shot prone, that rifle might have done a little better as it would have helped me a bunch. That's why I think a better shooter could have done well with that rifle.

Anyway, I was hoping to shoot that rifle some more, but won't see it again for a few weeks. Probably won't do much more at 100, as we'll be shooting 500+. Hope to post an update in the other thread, that I started, if you are interested.

I'm interested buddy. Please, if you get a chance to shoot it at 100 again shoot the targets supplied in this thread. I'd really like to see 2 10 shot groups from that rifle. I understand the need to shoot steel at 500, as I also shoot out to 440 yards with my boss. The last time out, I threw my target stand out and shot groups on paper 3" 10 shot groups at 440 with the creed and center punched a hole in the steel target. To be honest, I kind of got bored with that after the center was gone. I got bored at shooting the 4" plate too. Its almost effortless even in the wind with the 6.5 creed. I'm thinking about heading out to buy a Tikka superlite 6.5 creed here in a bit. I highly doubt it will shoot as good as my Savage, but it will be lighter and better for hunting. Should still be fun to post results in this thread as well. There aren't a lot of Tikka's posted, which surprises me because they are the epitome of accuracy whistle... Take care buddy.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hear what you're saying. I'd love to post results from the OBR, in compliance with the rules. If we get time, I'll shoot at 100.

We've got targets at 500, 600, 700, and 900 - 1000. Plus rock walls at 1300 and 1500, so there might not be much interest or time for paper at 100 grin

I've also got my 6.5 Creedmoor (700 AAC) to shoot as well. At 700, it's so easy to hit steel that it gets boring grin I'm looking forward to seeing how the OBR in .308 does against my 6.5 Creedmoor past 600. We're both shooting factory ammo, and based simply on ES we should both hold MOA to 1000.

Jason

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I hear what you're saying. I'd love to post results from the OBR, in compliance with the rules. If we get time, I'll shoot at 100.

We've got targets at 500, 600, 700, and 900 - 1000. Plus rock walls at 1300 and 1500, so there might not be much interest or time for paper at 100 grin

I've also got my 6.5 Creedmoor (700 AAC) to shoot as well. At 700, it's so easy to hit steel that it gets boring grin I'm looking forward to seeing how the OBR in .308 does against my 6.5 Creedmoor past 600. We're both shooting factory ammo, and based simply on ES we should both hold MOA to 1000.

Jason

Sounds awesome man. My boss loves ringing steel, but I had to make him look bad with my AR10. He had been bragging on his 3" 5 shot group at 400 yards with his Rem 700 300wm and 185 vld's, which I might add is pretty respectable. The first time out with my AR10 I drove 5 into 2.5". I let my buddies shoot the AR10 the rest of the time. Even a guy that had never used a scope was tagging the 400 yard steel. Surprisingly my elk hunting partner only hit the target 2 times out of 10. My boss went to Montana and tagged a nice buck, last season, at 550. 1 shot 1 kill... If you hunt long range, it pays to shoot longrange.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm interested buddy. Please, if you get a chance to shoot it at 100 again shoot the targets supplied in this thread. I'd really like to see 2 10 shot groups from that rifle. I understand the need to shoot steel at 500, as I also shoot out to 440 yards with my boss. The last time out, I threw my target stand out and shot groups on paper 3" 10 shot groups at 440 with the creed and center punched a hole in the steel target. To be honest, I kind of got bored with that after the center was gone. I got bored at shooting the 4" plate too. Its almost effortless even in the wind with the 6.5 creed. I'm thinking about heading out to buy a Tikka superlite 6.5 creed here in a bit. I highly doubt it will shoot as good as my Savage, but it will be lighter and better for hunting. Should still be fun to post results in this thread as well. There aren't a lot of Tikka's posted, which surprises me because they are the epitome of accuracy whistle... Take care buddy.

You know when you try to open the link for those Targets it takes you to a Microsoft website called skydrive.live.com and you have to set up an acct. most here are not going to set up an acct to download targets.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

You know when you try to open the link for those Targets it takes you to a Microsoft website called skydrive.live.com and you have to set up an acct. most here are not going to set up an acct to download targets.

I never set up an account with them. There may be another link that you can use. That may be an older link. Sorry if it doesn't work. OP needs to stay on top of this thread, but he's gone awol....

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I just went to page 1 and clicked on the red target link and it works for me. I guess if it doesn't work for you, you can always be a little imaginative and do something like this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is what happens when you run out of targets at the range. You have to improvise grin

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just went to page 1 and clicked on the red target link and it works for me. I guess if it doesn't work for you, you can always be a little imaginative and do something like this:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is what happens when you run out of targets at the range. You have to improvise grin

the key to this shoot are these targets.. but how many are like me and can't access these targets. So amendment 20 to this challenge has been submitted and you can use any target of your liking?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
79S,

I was able to download the target (PDF), and did not sign-in or create an account. I'm using Chrome for my browser. Maybe this will help.

If not, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send the PDF to you. FWIW, I don't care for the target, and have not officially participated in the "challenge".

Jason

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
79S,

I was able to download the target (PDF), and did not sign-in or create an account. I'm using Chrome for my browser. Maybe this will help.

If not, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send the PDF to you. FWIW, I don't care for the target, and have not officially participated in the "challenge".

Jason

Jason,

I used our regular computer and and we use chrome on it and it worked fine. The device I use all the time, I use internet explorer. so that is the issue what browser you use. thanks again for the suggestion.

John

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Any target is fine as long as it's 2 on one piece of paper per the OP when we first started this. I shot it with a 1-6 Leupold who's reticle was so thick it was impossible to see the bull. He also said any rest as long as it's not a mechanical rest that locks the gun in.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Is it alright if i use a new tikka?

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Absolutely not!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by robertham1
I’m actually shocked how few people participated in this “challange”. With a forum consisting of thousands and thousands of like minded hunters/shooters who are passionate enough about guns to regularly log on and read/post, I’d have bet there would have more participants. There are some hunters who’s load development is done at 2 moa, but there’s a lot of folks here who not only have the gear, but have the skill to shoot tiny groups consistantly.

I never seem to have time to shoot 20 shots from one rifle at a sitting. I went to check the zero on my .223 before heading south of the border yesterday and put the first 5 into less than a 1/4" and... that's all I had with me! I had another load but I didn't think it would shoot as good and it didn't.

One of these days I am going to have to make time and shoot a couple of these 10 shot groups before it gets hot again.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

Absolutely not!

Fu ck!!!!!! sick

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
79S,

Jason

Jason,

I used our regular computer and and we use chrome on it and it worked fine. The device I use all the time, I use internet explorer. so that is the issue what browser you use. thanks again for the suggestion.

John

I just opened the 2 targets on page 1 with Win 10 and Internet Explorer. Took a little time as MS wants you to use edge browser instead.
A lot of MS web pages will not load properly with IE but open immediately with edge.

Swifty
Page 15 of 46 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (222Sako, 1_deuce, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1minute, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,566 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,561
Posts18,473,147
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.