Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So I wore the Mickey's out on deer stand tonight. Nice boots, my feet stayed toasty and I only wore one pair of smart wool socks.

Thumbs up.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yer gonna be a cold SOB for the first yer or two.

An FYI.......it's ok in Michigan to bich about the cold

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
if they are the type that can be resoled take them to a shoe repair place. my 90's vintage rockies soles fell apart and i got them redone for like 40 bucks. better than new and cheaper than a new pair.

My diploma is a DD214
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Maybe I will check on re-soles. I have the black ones -30, and I also have the white ones, they are rated to -70.

R
Roc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I've had the best luck with the Bata brand Mickey Mouse boots.Use the black ones for hunting da UP,they have better ankle support than the white ones.Use the white ones for ice fishing.
Make sure you keep the valve closed on them or water will leak in getting the felt wet.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Bunny boots. Lmao

I guarantee Travis and Clark own some even though they moved to FL.

What?? Did they kill Dave and bury him in Montana before they left?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I had a pair of the white ones that were a bit too small and they were colder than hell.

They do run small for their size. I used to bring them back from San Diego with me for my brothers ice fishing buddies. Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
Maybe I will check on re-soles. I have the black ones -30, and I also have the white ones, they are rated to -70.

Never have seen claimed ratings that low on either version. More like -10 and -30 is realistic.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
70 below is what I've heard. I've been out in -40 with wind that made it feel like -90 windchill, on a sled to boot. They were toasty.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Never have seen claimed ratings that low on either version. More like -10 and -30 is realistic.

The white ones are rated for -20 to -60.

They’re arctic boots after all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_boots

Last edited by ironbender; 11/20/18. Reason: Link

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ackleydave
I had a pair of the white ones that were a bit too small and they were colder than hell.

They do run small for their size. I used to bring them back from San Diego with me for my brothers ice fishing buddies. Dave

Yeah. I would definitely go a size or two up if buying again.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

The white ones are rated for -20 to -60.

They’re arctic boots after all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_boots

When the various iterations of huge foam boots came out the bunny boats mostly went away on the Slope...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
NEver had a pair of those but heard awesomeness.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The black ones are more for cold wet climates and the white ones are for extreme cold, dry climates.

The valve is only there for pressure equalization while traveling on aircraft. Otherwise the boots would blow up at altitude or shrink-wrap around your feet during descent if the valves were closed at altitude.

Lots have sealing failures and as a result they failed to keep you warm. I froze a big toe almost 50 years ago wearing them. QC sucked on many of them.

Back in the day when I was stationed at Ft. Aintwright, we had to take our bunny boots to CIF every year to get tested. They were put into a chamber that tested the seal of the valve and seams and detected the presence of moisture in the dead-air space. If moisture was detected the boots were DXed for a new pair. I suspect that a lot of the DXed boots found their way to DMRO and sold as surplus. In my experience, the only people complaining about bunny boots or Mickeys have defective boots.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 257 mag, 222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,639
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.