Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My uncle was a professional truck driver for 40+ years. He said he loved everything about driving truck except truckers. Said all anybody ever wanted to talk about at the truck stop was what gear they pulled that last hill in. His comment was they all made it up the hill so who cares what gear they were in. Reminds me of some Creedmoor guys whenever a gun conversation comes up.

I think I could love the Creedmoor on a lot of its merits (low recoil, factory rifles twisted properly, accurate/affordable factory ammo, VLDs that fit the case well in a short action, etc.), just not sure I am ready to believe that a 140 @ 2700 = Magic. I am sure I would like it more if it was less popular.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nobody likes a winner.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nobody likes a winner.

Or a whiner, either...

DF

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I think the Creedmoor is a great option for a newbie or someone replacing a short action cartridge like the .243.
It has certainly earned its stripes but I have no interest in it, because my rifles are centered around the standard action length. I like it, am used to it and do not want to stray from it.

My Cabela's SG in 7x57 is my shortest cartridge but still chambered in a standard action. Because it drives 140's to 2900fps, 120's to 3050fps and 175's to 2650fps, it covers all my needs in the lower 48. I recognize the attribute of the Creedmoor just as I recognized some attributes for some WSM's but have never nor ever, will own one.
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
260 Rem or the 6 X55 Swede are both about the same and the Swede is used across the pond for most big game. Both are low on recoil and easy to reload.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not much hunting anymore, just shooting...........................3,500 yd RF's, 6-30 target scopeson hunting rifles, 1,500 yd, no recoil rifles....................might as well just sit on the front porch & wait for something to show up a mile away & pop it.

MM

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not much hunting anymore, just shooting...........................3,500 yd RF's, 6-30 target scopeson hunting rifles, 1,500 yd, no recoil rifles....................might as well just sit on the front porch & wait for something to show up a mile away & pop it.

MM

Except for this thing called wind.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a minor triviality, my man, nothing to worry about with those .8+ BC boolits.

Just point & shoot. wink

MM

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

MM

pretty much...makes me glad I still tote a pump rifle with a 2x7 on it and know how to still hunt.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by oldvet
260 Rem or the 6 X55 Swede are both about the same and the Swede is used across the pond for most big game. Both are low on recoil and easy to reload.

With all due respect, what's your point.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
IC B3

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the hate over a case is fugg'n amazing...............

Dave

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's not the case ...

It's the Creediots that glorify and worship it's pseudo magical powers to overcome distance, wind and beast in one swat, making it the bestest, highestest bc case on the planet, screw the bullets, THE 6.5 CM case has the Highest BC !!!!

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You fellers are going to talk me into one of those new fangled Creemores.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well I just joined the club. Been toting an old M70 30Gov't06 around the hills for the last 30+ years and thought maybe something under 10# would be nice to pack over hill and dale. Well a Black Friday sale at the local D&B supply took 10% off an already decent 729.99 for a Kimber Hunter in 6.5 CM. $656 was a little too good to pass up so I decided to give the new fangled 6.5 a try. Have not really done much but shoot a couple rounds to see if it went bang or not. Will to do testing and reloading and see what happens. I have until next Oct. to figure it out and always can fall back on the old M70. All I'm really after is a 1/4 mile or less deer killer and maybe and occasional elk (if I could ever draw a decent tag). Be nice to keep 3 under an inch at 100 yds, half that would be outstanding. Time will tell.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

MM

Except for this thing called windage.

Yep, yardage is physics, windage borders on voodoo... shocked

Speed with good B.C.'s really helps in the wind. The least time for wind to work on a bullet, the better. I like my 26 Nosler for such as that. And, I do like and use my Swede, Creed and 6.5-284.

DF

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep wind is Voodoo for a long range rifle shooting for me and others ,but I do like to shoot trap with wind it hurts the shotgun trap aimers

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

MM

Speed with good B.C.'s really helps in the wind. The least time for wind to work on a bullet, the better. I like my 26 Nosler for such as that. And, I do like and use my Swede, Creed and 6.5-284.

DF

Wind is physics, too, we just haven’t figured out how to accurately measure and model it in the field, yet wink

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

MM

DF

Wind is physics, too, we just haven’t figured out how to accurately measure and model it in the field, yet wink

Yep.

Just infinite variables, always changing, not nearly as consistent as gravity.

DF

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

MM

DF

Maybe we could put the global warming scientists to work on it laugh

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

MM

DF

Maybe we could put the global warming scientists to work on it laugh

Now, there's an excellent idea.

But we need TRUE data without political correctness.

Not sure they could be trusted.

DF

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 69 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.