Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I admittedly use full bino pacs (AGC for me) with heavier binos like the Geovids. However, the RY harness allows you to cram one barrel of the bino between your chest and one of the cords and it will stay tight and not sag at all. Like you, when serious hunting takes place I ditch the lens covers and just use the bino "nekkid" in the AGC pack, tethered to the shoulder straps of course, for quick access and usability.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Or the dreaded muddy tits.

[Linked Image]

Old pic, 2012 and a stretched out Crooked Creek(?) harness.

The Nikons are still going strong in the main feed pickup, love those Monarch III's!

I haven't hunted deer much in the last few years but do like the KUIU harness/case setup. Can't comment on durability but it works well to protect from rain/snow/dust.

Last edited by SamOlson; 11/26/18.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ya, the mud is bad enough as is loosing the covers....but the last straw for me with the Crooked Horn harnesses was the objective lenses on my granny titty Steiner Peregrine's getting gouged, from pogo sticking on the rocks. To Steiner's credit, they replaced the binos, but it put me over the edge and into the next canyon, known as Full Harness Canyon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What JG said. You can loop the RY cords over the bino barrels to hold them snug against your chest. The neoprene cover they sell also works to protect the lenses instead of BC’s.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Like JG’, I found you can wrap one barrel and they don’t bounce around as much but still a pain in the ass to me.

Gave the Crooked Horn and RY to some local kids and have never looked back.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
With the Rick Young harness, does it stretch when you're on all fours, and allow the binos to drop away from your chest and bounce on the ground, or does it keep them tight against your chest?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The other problem I continually had with the Crooked horn and other flat strapped harnesses was the oscillating of the straps in wind. Holy hell that would be annoying while trying to glass. I am guessing it isn't an issue with the Rick Young though, with the smaller round cord.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks you guys. I tried wrapping one barrel around the strap of the Crooked Horn, but it would only hold there momentarily, then fall out. Kinda like granny boobies.

Last edited by T_Inman; 11/26/18. Reason: Crooked Horn, not Creek

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The other problem I continually had with the Crooked horn and other flat strapped harnesses was the oscillating of the straps in wind. Holy hell that would be annoying while trying to glass. I am guessing it isn't an issue with the Rick Young though, with the smaller round cord.

Nope, not an issue at all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ya, the mud is bad enough as is loosing the covers....but the last straw for me with the Crooked Horn harnesses was the objective lenses on my granny titty Steiner Peregrine's getting gouged, from pogo sticking on the rocks. To Steiner's credit, they replaced the binos, but it put me over the edge and into the next canyon, known as Full Harness Canyon.

2:15

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I like the Badlands other than the magnets are noisy when they click shut. Been demo-ing a Kuiu this year and it sucks. The marsupial pouch thing seems a lot better.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

2:15

Wow, that does look handy. I think I'll get one and try it out.

thanks!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kuiu harness is the best there is,light weight,convenient,quiet and protects while being comfortable.I use the Kuiu with my Geovids

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
With the RYO contraption, you'll either need to trim the ends or deal with a big dangly hunk of crap hanging off your back, which will get tangled in door handles and trees when you lean against them. It's been suggested to just tuck the end under the other straps, but that just creates another loop to further entangle oneself. The FHF is the best I've found for medium to large binos.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
AGC

I’ve got a small one for the Ultravids and a big one for the Geovids.

They’ve got a few super handy little pockets for stuff like lens wipes, ear plugs, a 44 mag speed loader, etc. There’s no fumbling with caps or worries about schmegma, spritz, and schmutz.

[Linked Image]

*******The locking buckle kit AGC sells is the cat’s ass!

Last edited by kingston; 11/27/18. Reason: ********

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The thing I hate about most of the pouch-type harnesses, is they hang down around your belly-button like granny's sagging tiddies. Nobody seems willing to re-do a harness for me, one-size-fits-all bullchit. I want them high and tight, so have to chop and fix them my very own self.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ha! You're right about most of the harnesses. My FHF harness can be cinched up so it sits at pert 21 year old breast height.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
With the RYO contraption, you'll either need to trim the ends or deal with a big dangly hunk of crap hanging off your back, which will get tangled in door handles and trees when you lean against them. It's been suggested to just tuck the end under the other straps, but that just creates another loop to further entangle oneself. The FHF is the best I've found for medium to large binos.

Pretty easy to shorten it, if a guy desires.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been using the RYO for years, on a few different sets of binos. Most of my hunting buddies and family have been switching to them over the years as well. Dead simple, weighs next to nothing and works great. Inexpensive too.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Pretty easy to shorten it, if a guy desires.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
AGC

I’ve got a small one for the Ultravids and a big one for the Geovids.

They’ve got a few super handy little pockets for stuff like lens wipes, ear plugs, a 44 mag speed loader, etc. There’s no fumbling with caps or worries about schmegma, spritz, and schmutz.

[Linked Image]

*******The locking buckle kit AGC sells is the cat’s ass!

kingston, another great pic and thanks again for the info on the AGC's. Received my Kodiak CUB MAX harness and really like it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,374
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.