Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You seem to be forgetting the periods when world population decreased by 20 to 30% within the space of a decade.

Can you provide us with a graphical representation of world population from 10,000 BC to present day?

Most counts of world population prior to 1500 do not even make an attempt to include the populations of North America, South America, or Australia. And few include estimates of Sub Saharan Africa. How could they? Even today we can only guess within a couple orders of magnitude as to what those numbers were.

The population of Russia is just now recovering to what it was in 1930.

Those who study the correlations between genetics and prehistory point to several choke points in which our progenitors were reduced to near extinction. Possibly to as few as one male and one female at one point. Though they fail to identify whether the neanderthal DNA was introduced before or after such a choke point.

I will not pretend to be an expert on population growth. Just repeating findings made from people that are considered experts in this field. I am sure we can find experts or so-called experts on both sides of every subject listed. One thing that I do know, is that we don’t know, we can only guess or assume based on what little facts there are, and for every fact a secular scientist uses to prove evolution a Christian scientist can find one to disprove it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by JGRaider

See a guy asks a question, I answer my opinion and the retard Texas christians have to show their ass.

You had 60 pages and many years worth of showing yours. Congrats. For the record, DF is a Louisiana retard. grin

If your God's chosen retard, I'll happily burn in hell. Man the butt hurt runs deep in your punk ass

You evidently havent seen JG. Hes pretty dayom big and looks pretty dayom strong. I dont think youd say that to his face. In fact, id bet money you wouldnt.

He's just pissy cause he can't get down on his old ass knees like he could in his youth.

I wouldn't give two shiets about him, here or in person.

I know where i would place my bet, and dumbasses dont successfully run multi million a year business.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/26/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Many of the christian's are pretty kooky here on the 'fire, no doubt. grin I'm sure you are much more normal in person.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ten to twenty thousand years with no famines or plagues? Man, you have got to be kidding.

Until the simultaneous introduction of industrialized farming, pesticides, vaccines, and antibiotics, the world could not go twenty years without a famine or plague in some major geographical region. One really should investigate the theories and historical writings of "Malthus".
Buck2's post was excellent. There is no doubt that we have increased yields abundantly, but the things you mention have done a lot of harm too...maybe, or not.

One of the most intelligent things a man can do is come to the realization that he doesn't know it all and in the end, that that realization may not have anything to do with intelligence and may have everything to do with revelation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Many of the christian's are pretty kooky here on the 'fire, no doubt. grin I'm sure you are much more normal in person.

Better to be kooky than to burn in hell for eternity.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by andy57
I do not force my views on anyone,Everyone is free to choose. Jesus gives us all free choice even on the cross with Jesus one man chose him one did not

Yep.......Luke 23:43. My favorite verse in the Bible.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I repeat, TODAY, you don't see Christians beheading people (because of another religion), etc. There may have been some stuff 200-300 years ago and before, but not in America, and not in modern times. Decency laws are pretty much universal, not much to do with religion. American history changed a lot of the worlds belief system. America was based on White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant work ethic and civility. No state religion, but freedom OF religion, not freedom from religion. Yes our laws have been based on the Christian principles. In 1892 the Supreme Court Chief Justice said America was a Christian nation and our laws were based on Christian principles. We have done fine until they took God and prayer out of schools and most everywhere else.

Not in America?

Well, not counting that little "Manifest Destiny" thing and the slaughter of any heathens standing in the way of westward expansion. The wholesale slaughter of America's indigenous heathen populations was not that long ago. My grandparents (born in 1902) knew many Indian Fighters.

I don't think you can say that was done in the name of Christianity any more than any of America's other wars. Also, the policy of the U.S. government was never one of "wholesale slaughter" but rather to buy off the Indians and stick them on reservations.....from the time of George Washington on. The idea that the U.S. government attempted genocide against the Indians is fake news born out of the political correctness movement.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Christianity and Global Warming have a lot in common.

It may be that none of the many facts, opinions and followings have it exactly right.
But there is much there that is right and should not be denied.

Just my 2 cents.
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

so god isn't a kind and loving god...….you are saying he is mean and spiteful…..bob

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Global warming and global cooling have been cycling for millions of years.

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vostok-ice-core-petit.png

https://serc.carleton.edu/details/images/15045.html

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/27/18.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

so god isn't a kind and loving god...….you are saying he is mean and spiteful…..bob
All you have to do is accept the sacrifice Jesus made for you on the cross and you'll be saved. That doesn't sound mean and spiteful to me. Everybody has sinned and fallen short...except God Himself. God is loving and merciful. That is His character. He loves His Own creation despite the creatures rebelling.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I believe what I want. You believe what you want. I don't try to make you believe like me, and you do the same.Then it's all good.

Not if you’re wrong.

Sheesh.

To arms I guess.....

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Always believed the New Testament came about because keeping up with the demands of the Old was just too damn much. So they invented Christ and now every [bleep] can go to 'heaven'.

Could even be the devil's work, and Christ is a 'false' God.

Anyways, whatever works for people, don't matter to me.

Just shows you have zero comprehension on the subject.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Always believed the New Testament came about because keeping up with the demands of the Old was just too damn much. So they invented Christ and now every [bleep] can go to 'heaven'.

So...prove him wrong.

And if you insist on using the written word of some long dead goat shagger as proof then you should also include same from the Quran.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

So...prove him wrong.

And if you insist on using the written word of some long dead goat shagger as proof then you should also include same from the Quran.

Do you even understand what I said. I said he has zero comprehension on the subject. I don't need to prove him wrong. Anyone who has read both OT and new with a modicum of brain cells wouldn't make such a statement.

If you read a book and spout off a bunch of nonsense about what you read,then you have no comprehension of what you just read. There is no proving involved.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So...prove him wrong.

Do you even understand what I said. I said he has zero comprehension on the subject. I don't need to prove him wrong. Anyone who has read both OT and new with a modicum of brain cells wouldn't make such a statement.

If you read a book and spout off a bunch of nonsense about what you read,then you have no comprehension of what you just read. There is no proving involved.

You got that part right...book, written by men.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

So...prove him wrong.

Yes,and Christians believe that it is inspired by the Holy Spirit. Even if you see it as a nursery rhyme,you still shouldn't discuss what it says if you don't understand it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yes,and Christians believe that it is inspired by the Holy Spirit. Even if you see it as a nursery rhyme,you still shouldn't discuss what it says if you don't understand it.

Why not, do you think you own it...or have special privileges because you think some goat shagging inbred from the Middle East had an epiphany some time in the long dim past. Considering they wiped their collective arse with the hand that wrote the word then you would think a little scepticism would be in order.

That is right, I did say paper will take sh_t.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Why not, do you think you own it...or have special privileges because you think some goat shagging inbred from the Middle East had an epiphany some time in the long dim past. Considering they wiped their collective arse with the hand that wrote the word then you would think a little scepticism would be in order.

That is right, I did say paper will take sh_t.

Lot of venom there JS. Rises up out your heart?

If the Word was not from God, why would you care? Hint....time for virtue signaling on your part.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IZH27
I usually lightly browse through the threads that relate to religion, specifically Christianity. My curiosity has always been piqued by how things work, what makes people tick and why people view things the way that they do. There appears to be some fairly diverse opinions about the Christian faith represented here. Those opinions appear to me to range from hostile on the one end to a radical embrace on the other.so my curiosity asks, “what are the back stories”?

Why do you believe what you believe about the Christian faith?

Originally Posted by IZH27
I usually lightly browse through the threads that relate to religion, specifically Christianity. My curiosity has always been piqued by how things work, what makes people tick and why people view things the way that they do. There appears to be some fairly diverse opinions about the Christian faith represented here. Those opinions appear to me to range from hostile on the one end to a radical embrace on the other.so my curiosity asks, “what are the back stories”?

Why do you believe what you believe about the Christian faith?

Good question. Why do I believe what I believe?

First, I believe that God made Himself real to me. I have related some of,that experience, but my experience would likely not be someone else’s experience. So, God made Himself real to me and then a couple of things went through my mind. What more did I need and want to know about Him? Then, I truly saw that I had both accountability and responsibility before Him.

Second, I found that the Word truly reveals the nature and character,of God. It also reveals who I am and why I behave as I do.

God reveals Himself.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,460 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,218
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.