-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Which for a Tikka 260 for hunting, the 6X or the 3-9? I think I like that the reticle would be bolder in the 3-9 at magnification higher than 6X, but having never looked through one I'm not sure if the difference is enough to warrant the cost.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pointer
Which for a Tikka 260 for hunting, the 6X or the 3-9? I think I like that the reticle would be bolder in the 3-9 at magnification higher than 6X, but having never looked through one I'm not sure if the difference is enough to warrant the cost.

As I have said, I have both the 6x and 10x. I love the 10x for a bit more magnification. I have shot deer at last light with both and up close with the 10x. I have no experience with the 3x9, but if you prefer variables, it sure has a lot of good feedback for it. No bad choice. Unless all of your shooting is under 100 yards, I, personally would always buy the 10x.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just got my first 3-9 in the mail today. Will see how it stacks up against the 6 and 10x versions.

Was going to order a second but I see they’re on backorder now...I’m assuming you’ll still get the BF price if you backorder one?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Holston
Was going to order a second but I see they’re on backorder now...I’m assuming you’ll still get the BF price if you backorder one?

In years past, the price was based on when you ordered the item from SWFA.

So, yes, it should be the black Friday price.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T

I had a problem with my brass hitting the big windage knob on one of the 3-15’s which are the same size as the fixed version. That convinced me to go back to the 3-9. It was mounted on a CTR in low Mountain Tech (Warne) rings.

IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
have one on a Montana 223 and just received one that will go on a Remington 700 5R 223 . Good pieces of machinery in my opinion, coyotes don't really appreciate them much though.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am trying so hard not to buy a 6X
I have looked at them the last couple years and with all the Fire talk they must be dam good

Today is it
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Buy it.

It's my top pick and universally useful.

John Stark.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by boatboy
I have looked at them the last couple years and with all the Fire talk they must be dam good

Today is it
Hank

Do it! I bought a 6MQ last year and a 10MQ this time. Put the 10 on my deck coyote gun. Jury is still out on it. The 6 went on a .22 for now. You won't believe how nice it is to make an adjustment and actually get exactly what you wanted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by timl

I had a problem with my brass hitting the big windage knob on one of the 3-15’s which are the same size as the fixed version. That convinced me to go back to the 3-9. It was mounted on a CTR in low Mountain Tech (Warne) rings.
A spin through old posts here showed this to be an issue. I have a 3-9 en route and Sportsmatch rings. Hope that I don't have the turret/brass issue.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Buy it.

I resisted, but finally broke down and ordered a 6x MQ and a 3-9x MQ last night. I think the 6x will replace the 1-4x on my 308; the 1-4x is good too but not quite what I want on a 10 lb 308. It'll probably show up in the classifieds here in a couple weeks...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think the 3-9 will be a winner. No doubt my eyes prefer the thicker reticle in the woods.

That’s my only complaint on the 6x, and it was only a slight annoyance right at first or last light.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Buy it.

I resisted, but finally broke down and ordered a 6x MQ and a 3-9x MQ last night. I think the 6x will replace the 1-4x on my 308; the 1-4x is good too but not quite what I want on a 10 lb 308. It'll probably show up in the classifieds here in a couple weeks...

I have a 6x on a Ruger American .308. It has been great. The rifle is so accurate, I am afraid to change scopes!

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by timl

A spin through old posts here showed this to be an issue. I have a 3-9 en route and Sportsmatch rings. Hope that I don't have the turret/brass issue.

I read that too, and forgot about it. The good news is, I just got back from the range with the newly purchased 3-9 mounted on the same gun with the same rings as before...no problems.

Last edited by timl; 11/30/18.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I was finally led to water. I finally got rid of my [bleep] rigging, and started from the start. I got rid of my old leupold and bought one of those fixed fuggers (ala super chicken). Well the couch ain't grabbin my ka chunt any longer. I put one on my PLC (pistol length cartridge) rifle for use in the limited firearm zone in MI. Dam if that thing doesn't connect the dots. Turn those nobs and the big ole punkin ball goes right where its supposed to. Now my rifle is a goat fuqk in any other part of the country, but it is about as good as it gets in the limited idiot zone of MI.

Amen, buy one and you will be led water.

PS I am learning to cipher to.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dude.

John Stark.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Good grief...

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers

Today is it
Hank

Do it! I bought a 6MQ last year and a 10MQ this time. Put the 10 on my deck coyote gun. Jury is still out on it. The 6 went on a .22 for now. You won't believe how nice it is to make an adjustment and actually get exactly what you wanted.

Of course I did
I have a 6.5 Grendel upper and I think I may take off my 4 to 14 Burris and just put the 6x on it. Thoughts?

Like a previous poster I hunt limited rifle area of Michigan bet it would do well on my 450 bushmaster upper

Hank

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers

Today is it
Hank

Of course I did
I have a 6.5 Grendel upper and I think I may take off my 4 to 14 Burris and just put the 6x on it. Thoughts?

Like a previous poster I hunt limited rifle area of Michigan bet it would do well on my 450 bushmaster upper

Hank

The fixed 6 SS IMO is hands down the best 0-700 yd scope for $1000 or less that money can buy. I've run 10s, 12, 16 and 20. Im looking forward to trying the new SS Superlight on a 223 tikka in 3 or 4 days when it shows up. Will likely run it on 4 power as shots will all be at 300 yds or less on whitetail deer and eye relief should be around 3" on 4 power. 3" on a 223 is plenty

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 11/30/18.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have seen people rave about these for quite a few years also the Leupold 6x is a crowd favorite

So its it just better because less BS in the tube? Why do the fix power scope seem to be so liked?
My first rifle when I was a kid Rem 700 30-06 with 4x weaver could not wait to step up to a 3x 9x variable

Hank

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,989
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.