Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well after some time reading on this site and hearing people rave about these super chickens I broke down and ordered a fixed 6. I am fully expecting to never miss another shot, be able to walk on water, and laugh at any shot inside of a half mile.

In all seriousness though I am kind of excited to try it.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Well beaudry, in lite of all the nonsense i posted above, I have really been led to water. I hate to say it but Big Twat has some points to be made that are true, and I have learned alot from him. Thanks big twat. Regardless, buy one and get to know it and you will be led to water.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by prarie_creek_station
Well beaudry, in lite of all the nonsense i posted above, I have really been led to water. I hate to say it but Big Twat has some points to be made that are true, and I have learned alot from him. Thanks big twat. Regardless, buy one and get to know it and you will be led to water.

I actually heard a story of a hunter that got turned around and lost and 3 days later died from dehydration! Not so with a fixed 6 SS........all you have to do is look thru the scope than walk in the general direction it pointed and instant water!! Thats a true story and I read it on the internet😄

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 11/30/18.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Trystan
Thats a true story and I read it on the internet😄

Hate to break it to you man..... but not everything you read on the internet is true. I read a story about “more 1/2 MOA groups at 500 yards than I can count” on the internet once, dude was gonna post a video and everything. It turned out to be total Bullschitt....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lungpuncher1
What's the optical clarity compared to the old zeiss conquest 3-9x40? Which I love and have a few of.

The Conquest 3x9's were very bright and clear to me but had horrible parallax shift and of course it's non-adjustable like the SWFA 3x9. And the lack of parallax adjustment on the 3x9 is why I see no advantage over the 6X or 10X and it's marketed as a "tactical" scope.

Dave

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Lungpuncher1
What's the optical clarity compared to the old zeiss conquest 3-9x40? Which I love and have a few of.

The Conquest 3x9's were very bright and clear to me but had horrible parallax shift and of course it's non-adjustable like the SWFA 3x9. And the lack of parallax adjustment on the 3x9 is why I see no advantage over the 6X or 10X and it's marketed as a "tactical" scope.

The 3-9 SWFA is shorter, more compact than the fixed 6's, the adjustments firmer. The turrets are slightly smaller, the glass is a little better.

David

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Hate to break it to you man..... but not everything you read on the internet is true. I read a story about “more 1/2 MOA groups at 500 yards than I can count” on the internet once, dude was gonna post a video and everything. It turned out to be total Bullschitt....

Troof!

Good smackdown

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Troof!

Good smackdown

TFF

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.