-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tossed a bunch of Handloader mags from the 80's recently. I've saved a few magazines if there was an article on a firearm I have.

I download the digital version of American Rifleman and toss the paper copy.

I really prefer pdfs of magazines and ebooks. My hard disk doesn't get any fatter with each issue.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have every American Rifleman since 1928, all the Gun Digest, all the Double Gun Journal, plus probably a thousand or more other gun magazines. I would feel worse if my wife hadn't accumulated over four thousand cookbooks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad they ain't comic books.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I pitch mine as soon as I read them.

But the suggestion to take some to doctors' offices is a good idea. The poster was right. There are never any decent magazines there.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had about 10 years of several gun magazines. Rarely went back to read them. Gave them away and now I give all my magazines to my son, as soon as I’ve read them.

NRA Patron
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have almost all the Precision Shootings back to the early 80's and some older ones. Can't make myself pitch them although I never go back and read them... even my own articles although I worked for them for 21 years. If someone wants them, come and get them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the 1970's, and elderly neighbor of ours asked me if I'd like some back copies of some hunting magazines. I said I would, and he gave me the past 3 years worth of Outdoor Life, Sports Afield and Field and Stream. He then told me something that made me almost speechless.......he had subscribed to all 3 of those magazines since the late 1920's, and had saved every issue, and had only recently threw them out, and had he known I liked to read them, he would have gave those to me as well.

Can you imagine, 50 years worth of those magazines. I'd thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I'm a packrat, and hate to throw anything away if I think I might ever have a use for it. I guess it stems from all those years on the farm, when I had to keep farm equipment patched up in order to keep it running, and would recycle things. I have some old magazines that need to be tossed, but I still enjoy going back and reading some of the articles again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had to pitch a bunch of mine when I realized that I wasn't ever going back to reread them. Articles are getting kind of redundant. Right now I give them to my step-son who has some interest in the shooting sports. Dad had a gun guy friend that gave his old gun magazines to me back when I was just a kid and it got me started reading and stirred my interest in guns and hunting, so find some kid to give them to would be my suggestion. I get real bored in Florida for the winter and joined our clandestine little gun group down there. The GO group passes with the locals, but Gun Owners which is what it stands for wouldn't. I asked the guys if they wanted to trade gun magazines among ourselves, because if it isn't Golf Digest or Sports Illustrated, it isn't at the library. Even the stores don't put them on the periodical shelves. Self protection handgun stuff only down there because everyone is packing.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Saved them for decades but wasn’t about to move them.

Luckily I found a guy that wanted them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 21, 60 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.