Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Heres the story reporting rioters are proclaiming "We want Trump".

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3710234/posts

Rush mentioned that on his radio program today.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[video]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1069308643038896133[/video]

Fork it. I can't get the video to show.

Last edited by RiverRider; 12/03/18.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I stole this post from another board I frequent. But if it is true and they did something like this here, it would literally gut rural and working America. Holy schit, no wonder they are pissed.

I've been reading about this closely and I can't believe the stupidity of the French government.

I don't know why France thought a "green tax" was a good idea in the first place. France of all places. France has the largest land area and the 2nd largest population in the EU, but their carbon emissions are half of what Germany puts out. In fact France's carbon emissions are lower than the UK and Italy. I'd say that's quite a feat. The vast majority of their electricity generation is generated by nuclear power.

But apparently that's not good enough for Macron's administration. So they pass a green tax which in the absence of viable alternatives only hurts the little guy who ends up paying the cost. I mean at least tax the energy corporations, right? Make it seem as if the energy corporations are the enemy? No. Instead the French government levied a tax directly on consumers. You want a large sedan, van, or truck? Even if you need it for work? Pay a tax. The max tax is 10,500 euros for a vehicle that emits over 185g/km. For reference, the Toyota Helix (comparable to a F-150 or Silverado here) emits 187g/km. So if you bought the equivalent of an F-150 in France you're paying an extra 10,500 euros. That hurts farmers, construction workers, anyone that needs a truck to haul stuff. People that are scratching a living out of their bare hands. Unreal. If I had to pay that much in tax for a truck on top of all the other taxes and fees I'd be out in the street too.

But it doesn't stop there. Now you bought the vehicle and paid the tax, but you have to register it, and that's gonna cost you. If you register that truck, you're gonna have to pay ANOTHER 10,500 EUROS IN REGISTRATION FEES. So that's a total of 21,000 euros ($23,000) just to buy and register the truck.

But let's just say you're, for example, a painter. You don't need a truck, you can get by with a van that doesn't need all that power to haul trailers but you still need a large storage area for your equipment. Well, sucks for you. You're still gonna be paying over 10,000 euros in tax and registration fees.

But it doesn't stop there! Now they institute a fuel tax. It's no wonder these people are protesting. There are some jobs that simply require a truck or large vehicle in order to do the job. You can't be a painter, carpenter, mason, etc. without a truck or a van. You ain't going to work in a Toyota Yaris. It's just unbelievable that they would hit working people with those taxes and not expect any backlash, particularly when their carbon emissions are well below what they should be compared to other countries in the EU. Screw that noise, you can't do that to working people.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Le jour de gloire est arrivé ????

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's been almost 45 minutes, which side surrendered?

LMFAO

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks to be growing.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking at some of those videos, I am inclined to think these Frenchmen are a lot more serious than we (or at least I) thought. Those people I saw in the video are working stiffs, not good-fer-nuthin snowflake college students. I believe they're dead serious and know exactly what they're fighting for. We may see something of import happen, and it might be the beginning of the end for the "New World Order." I sure hope so.

Remember the Bastille.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Drop some Liberators on them, or the modern day version, a Kel tec.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I wonder how many firearms have been squirreled away for decades that are now being readied.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I stole this post from another board I frequent. But if it is true and they did something like this here, it would literally gut rural and working America. Holy schit, no wonder they are pissed.

I've been reading about this closely and I can't believe the stupidity of the French government.

I don't know why France thought a "green tax" was a good idea in the first place. France of all places. France has the largest land area and the 2nd largest population in the EU, but their carbon emissions are half of what Germany puts out. In fact France's carbon emissions are lower than the UK and Italy. I'd say that's quite a feat. The vast majority of their electricity generation is generated by nuclear power.

But apparently that's not good enough for Macron's administration. So they pass a green tax which in the absence of viable alternatives only hurts the little guy who ends up paying the cost. I mean at least tax the energy corporations, right? Make it seem as if the energy corporations are the enemy? No. Instead the French government levied a tax directly on consumers. You want a large sedan, van, or truck? Even if you need it for work? Pay a tax. The max tax is 10,500 euros for a vehicle that emits over 185g/km. For reference, the Toyota Helix (comparable to a F-150 or Silverado here) emits 187g/km. So if you bought the equivalent of an F-150 in France you're paying an extra 10,500 euros. That hurts farmers, construction workers, anyone that needs a truck to haul stuff. People that are scratching a living out of their bare hands. Unreal. If I had to pay that much in tax for a truck on top of all the other taxes and fees I'd be out in the street too.

But it doesn't stop there. Now you bought the vehicle and paid the tax, but you have to register it, and that's gonna cost you. If you register that truck, you're gonna have to pay ANOTHER 10,500 EUROS IN REGISTRATION FEES. So that's a total of 21,000 euros ($23,000) just to buy and register the truck.

But let's just say you're, for example, a painter. You don't need a truck, you can get by with a van that doesn't need all that power to haul trailers but you still need a large storage area for your equipment. Well, sucks for you. You're still gonna be paying over 10,000 euros in tax and registration fees.

But it doesn't stop there! Now they institute a fuel tax. It's no wonder these people are protesting. There are some jobs that simply require a truck or large vehicle in order to do the job. You can't be a painter, carpenter, mason, etc. without a truck or a van. You ain't going to work in a Toyota Yaris. It's just unbelievable that they would hit working people with those taxes and not expect any backlash, particularly when their carbon emissions are well below what they should be compared to other countries in the EU. Screw that noise, you can't do that to working people.

Macron is a naive & utter & complete fool who tries to hide his extreme views with an attempted moderate facade.

Looks like the masses are not buying it, literally.............it would be a real step in the right direction in stopping more of this nonsense if they hung him, but if he's smart, he won't go back to France.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope it enjoys the same type of billing as The Arab Spring!

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't hold my breath hoping that the French, or anyone else in Europe is going to stand up to their government over the migrant thing. Those people used to have a history of having a good war every few years or so when they didn't like the way the things were going, but WW2 ended in 1945 and they haven't had one since.

Come to think of it, Europe is way overdue.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I wouldn't hold my breath hoping that the French, or anyone else in Europe is going to stand up to their government over the migrant thing. Those people used to have a history of having a good war every few years or so when they didn't like the way the things were going, but WW2 ended in 1945 and they haven't had one since.

That based on your visits there?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by JamesJr

That based on your visits there?

As a matter of fact, yes, I've been there. I even saw you while I was there and took your picture. Remember?
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Frane should have elected Marie LaPen

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
c'est la guerre

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
They need to do something! Their country is going to cshit

Taxes on fuel have risen because nobody in France wants to pay personal income tax. In France, earning "black money" is a national pastime.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Well, did we have a coup?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dingo
Originally Posted by hanco
They need to do something! Their country is going to cshit

Taxes on fuel have risen because nobody in France wants to pay personal income tax. In France, earning "black money" is a national pastime.

Macron said the tax was critical to combat climate change. Sucks when one can't rely on the U.S. to fund their globalist agendas for them.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 160user, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,044
Posts18,500,842
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.