Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My KelTec 32 auto. Safe to carry in a pocket and always goes bang. It's a 6 oz pistol that packs a bit of a punch.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

NFA in 22LR

What do you mean by NFA .22?

The North American Arms.

Typing off a phone.

That’s what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LarryfromBend
My KelTec 32 auto. Safe to carry in a pocket and always goes bang. It's a 6 oz pistol that packs a bit of a punch.

[Linked Image]

My wife has one and you're correct. Works great and she can hit with it great..

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Originally Posted by cv540
My mouse gun for summer shorts is a scandium framed .357, model 340pd. Maybe not quite as flat as the .380s but about the same size and weight.

Just me, but I would rather have a Mouse that roars than a mouse that squeaks.

You gave the first reply and the minimum if you need a gun for a fight.

I've had a 340 PD since 2005, was bought for a back-up when I worked. Now its carried during summer in front pocket of shorts. Cool weather in my right hand coat pocket , I'll shoot a hole in my coat to get the drop on a perp, try that with your semi-auto.

Carry ammo...Speer’s 135-grain .38 Special Gold Dot +P.

Several of you folks mentioned the 340PD so I looked it up on the S&W forum and found a lot of interesting comments. I was mainly trying to find out what "locked vs no internal lock" was all about but I found lots of pros vs some cons about the gun here. Lots of food for thought, and I still didn't find a clear explanation of locked vs no lock.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/226778-340-m-p-no-lock-pros-cons.html

Last edited by Mike_The_Spike; 12/04/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I looked hard at the S&W 340PD and hammer version 360PD, but a .357 Magnum in a handgun that light is way more than I wanted and every review said as much. No, S&W made a .38 Special +P 12 ounce (loaded weight) Model 337PD in a pre-lock version for two years and I bought one as my carry gun. I like exposed hammer handguns and while that 337PD replaced my Colt Government MK IV Series 80 .380 in stainless, that one isn't bad either. That one goes 22 ounces loaded, but if a guy wanted to lose 6 ounces and still have that longer Government grip and cartridge capacity in a Colt .380, I'd be looking for a nice used Colt Mustang MK IV Series 80 Plus II. That one has the aluminum frame and a longer grip than the standard Mustang or the Colt Pony.

Mike, the lock is a key type safety built into the side of the newer S&W's above the cylinder latch to prevent the pistol from firing in the locked position. Personally, I won't own one because that is what my gun safe is for. The pre-lock used S&W's are more desirable. Those locks can hang a guy up at the wrong time. True story, one of our deer hunting guys opened his gun case opening morning only to see the trigger lock firmly affixed. The trouble was that the trigger lock key was back home 80 miles away! He missed lots of opening day with an unwanted road trip.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gave up mouse guns long ago. But, carried a Kahr PM9 9mm IWB under a tank top or tshirt for more than a decade.

Perfect low profile gun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

I've had a 340 PD since 2005, was bought for a back-up when I worked. Now its carried during summer in front pocket of shorts. Cool weather in my right hand coat pocket , I'll shoot a hole in my coat to get the drop on a perp, try that with your semi-auto.

Carry ammo...Speer’s 135-grain .38 Special Gold Dot +P.

This is basically what I use sometimes, with a Crimson Trace laser grip, and it's a proven combo for low threat situations. But I still prefer a 9mm Glock, which I can shoot and reload much better.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glock 42 for me.

Remember, WWI was set in motion by the assassination of Archduke FF and his wife. One shot each from about 5’ with an FN 1910 in .380 Auto.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Windfall
............................Mike, the lock is a key type safety built into the side of the newer S&W's above the cylinder latch to prevent the pistol from firing in the locked position. Personally, I won't own one because that is what my gun safe is for. The pre-lock used S&W's are more desirable. Those locks can hang a guy up at the wrong time. True story, one of our deer hunting guys opened his gun case opening morning only to see the trigger lock firmly affixed. The trouble was that the trigger lock key was back home 80 miles away! He missed lots of opening day with an unwanted road trip.

Thanks for the comeback Windfall, as usual, I was over thinking that one. Thought it was some type of new "internal" safety, crossbar/trigger/cylinder kind of thing versus a simple external lock.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
[Linked Image]

This covers all my rodent needs.

Good choice.
Is that an older one?

No. I bought it new seven or eight years ago.

The wood panels in the grips made me think it might be an older one. I don't see those very often these days.

My four inch 327 is a couple years old and looks the same.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would like to try a Ruger LCP in order to validate my belief that I cannot go anything below a Glock 42 as a mouse gun. I cannot find any of those $169 deals around here or I would have one already.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I would like to try a Ruger LCP in order to validate my belief that I cannot go anything below a Glock 42 as a mouse gun. I cannot find any of those $169 deals around here or I would have one already.

What’s your concern?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What’s your concern?

My concern is that I won't be able to shoot it well enough in the 50 foot to 25 yard range. But, I won't know that until I try one out.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

My concern is that I won't be able to shoot it well enough in the 50 foot to 25 yard range. But, I won't know that until I try one out.

You won’t. I went from a Ruger LCP to the Glock 42 for that reason. The loooooong trigger pull on the LCP relegated it to ohshit distance. I wanted something a little more forgiving.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

My four inch 327 is a couple years old and looks the same.

I didn't say they don't make em, I said I haven't seen any in quite a while so I "ass-u-med". blush

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What’s your concern?

For that, the 42 is a far better choice. The LCP is a belly gun.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What’s your concern?

For that, the 42 is a far better choice. The LCP is a belly gun.

The Glock's 3.25" barrel looks to be the longest of all the mouse 380s I've seen. That alone could be a big difference in accuracy.

Last edited by Mike_The_Spike; 12/04/18.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 3,047 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,064
Posts18,501,348
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.