Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is a new Wall Street rule for the #MeToo era, and it is: Avoid Women at Costs. It is new policy in many Wall Street firms, avoid women at all costs.

A Wall Street Journal story here. It’s a true story: “Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost.” These are some of the strategies that Wall Street firms have put into place. No more dinners with female colleagues. No sitting next to them on flights. If you travel with a female colleague, book your hotel room on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

A wealth adviser said, just hiring a woman these days is an unknown risk. What if she took something wrong when you say something lightheartedly? It’s being called the Pence Effect. You know, Mike Pence said that he avoids dining alone with any woman other than his wife. They mocked him and they made fun of him. But this is what’s now becoming of the #MeToo movement. Men are not going to take the risk at all, which means not hiring them.

RUSH: No, no. I’m not making any of this up, and I’m not even exaggerating. I’m telling you exactly — this is a story, it’s in Bloomberg, and it is the result of interviews with more than 30 senior executives at Wall Street firms who are totally spooked by the #MeToo movement. They are totally spooked by the fact that five years, 10 years after the fact, women are coming out of the woodwork and are alleging things. And all they have to do is allege and the demand is that we believe them like during the Kavanaugh circumstance.

If there is travel, business travel, either separate flights, separate classes of the airplane, and different floors in the hotel. These are just some of the policies that have been implemented. Of course there’s gonna be a backlash to this. “Why, this is discrimination. This is unfair to women. They’re not gonna have promotional opportunities.” Yeah, that may be. Even a promotion could be seen in 10 years, “He didn’t really intend it. He was just trying to buy his way into my apartment,” or what have you. I mean, the allegation can be anything. So even a promotion could be said to be insincere with ulterior motives.

“Stephen Zweig, an employment attorney with FordHarrison –” what is FordHarrison? Probably some consulting group. Consult on men and women working alone. “If men avoid working or traveling with women alone, or stop mentoring women for fear of being accused of sexual harassment, those men are going to back out of a sexual harassment complaint and right into a sex discrimination complaint.”

You can’t win. You can’t win. If you do everything common sense says to avoid a sexual harassment complaint, you are then guilty of discrimination.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/04/the-new-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era/

WSJ article.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...or-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

👍👍👍

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too ignorant to see it coming...

This is a No Win Man Trap.

Hire them, promote them, or even work with them, and you will be accused of stuff.

If you don't hire them, promote them, or refuse to work with them, you'll be accused of different stuff.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I nominate Alfalfa !!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
95% of men are easy targets for women .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Hire them, promote them, or even work with them, and you will be accused of stuff.

If you don't hire them, promote them, or refuse to work with them, you'll be accused of different stuff.

A buddy of mine manages a large operation with mostly women employees.

He wanted to implement a sort of dress code in the office.
...no cleavage...

He now wished he never opened that can of worms.

"Why, have you been looking at my chest" "How dare you".

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes the reality of the movement has crossed into the unintended consequence area.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I traveled with women, and had dinner with them and stayed in same hotel. I did that off an on for 10 years. Never had a problem.

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have zero desire to even have a conversation with a woman other than my wife. When her friends come over, I leave.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
As I’ve said for years, women are vile creatures.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

YEAH, you are right...F_CK 'EM!

May as well get hung for the entire pound, as hung for an ounce.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102

A buddy of mine manages a large operation with mostly women employees.

He wanted to implement a sort of dress code in the office.
...no cleavage...

He now wished he never opened that can of worms.

"Why, have you been looking at my chest" "How dare you".

Which is precisely why they wear that kind of clothing to begin with!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dale06
I traveled with women, and had dinner with them and stayed in same hotel. I did that off an on for 10 years. Never had a problem.

Sure you want to admit that?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

They must not have been lieberal women. The lieberal women are the worst of the worst. They come from the pit of Hell.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I hope people will get their fill of this PC crap before long and start the "I don't give a F movement."

It's real easy,anytime anybody starts bitching about anything,you just look them right in the eye and say,"I don't give a F". Problem solved.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I hope people will get their fill of this PC crap before long and start the "I don't give a F movement."

It's real easy,anytime anybody starts bitching about anything,you just look them right in the eye and say,"I don't give a F". Problem solved.

Not giving a F*ck is why we are in the predicament we are in today.

Maybe if we Gave a F*ck decades ago we could have nipped this PC crap in the bud.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I think you would have to go back further than decades.

Like centuries maybe.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Not giving a F*ck is why we are in the predicament we are in today.

Maybe if we Gave a F*ck decades ago we could have nipped this PC crap in the bud.

I have to disagree. PC came from TRYING to respect EVERYBODY's feelings.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I heard about that yesterday... These women have brought it upon themselves - now they can live with it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

At least not that you know of right now. That’s the whole point of the article.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 69 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,447
Posts18,470,977
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.