Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Candid Camera" hosted by Alan Funt.

With a hocus-pocus, you're in focus, you're the star today-

Smile! You're on Candid Camera!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"THIS IS YOUR LIFE...."

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I remember Roy Rogers and Gabby Hayes but the oldest dude of all was that guy with the black paint horse and the white hat— I think the horses name a Diablo

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Howdy Doody with Buffalo Bob.

Howdy Doody and Garfield Goose are the earliest shows I remember.

I liked Howdy Doody so much my parents got me a seat in the Peanut Gallery for a show. Bor - ing! You really didn't know what was going on when you were on the stage compared to the way it was composed for transmission. There was a little monitor facing the stage that showed the show as transmitted and I strained to see that.

Years later our youngest got me a CD of the Howdy Doody shows because I had mentioned it so often - usually as an answer to his question of 'What time is it?' "It's Howdy Doody Time!" I couldn't bear to watch fifteen minutes of that CD collection. We were easily entertained back then!

Last edited by GunReader; 11/29/18.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I remember Roy Rogers and Gabby Hayes but the oldest dude of all was that guy with the black paint horse and the white hat— I think the horses name a Diablo

This one?
"Cisco's paint hoss was named Diablo and Pancho's palomino was named Loco. Renaldo rode several hosses during his reign as the Cisco Kid, including a white during the series at Monogram Pictures"

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Pinky Lee came on just before Howdy Doody.

Last edited by websterparish47; 12/05/18.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sock it to me...

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Not one of the oldest, but one of my favorites, remember .............................. The Invaders, a Quinn Martin Production...........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cowdoc
"Candid Camera" hosted by Alan Funt.

With a hocus-pocus, you're in focus, you're the star today-

Smile! You're on Candid Camera!

My best friend in high school was caught on Candid Camera. Some stunt at a do it yourself car wash where they rigged the hoses to only put out soapy water, so when he tried to rinse off the car he only got more soap. It was pretty lame, actually.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Uncle Miltie, Meet Millie (a favorite of Mom), Range Rider, Cisco Kid, Gangbusters (radio) another favorite of my mother, Suspense (radio), Your Show of Shows....ah, memories.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My parents were friends with an older couple who would invite us over for dinner every couple of months, always on a Sunday night. They'd also invite their grown children with their grandkids. They had the first color TV I'd ever seen so we kids would eat quickly and then gather around the TV to watch Bonanza and Walt Disney in color while the adults talked around the table.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
We used to hurry home from school to watch Ramar ...came on around 4pm or so in our town as I recall.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have Gun Will Travel, Sea Hunt, Then Came Bronson, boxing. Okay these two will stump you: Winky Dink and You and Omnibus. How many of you had a Winky Dink set that you put over the TV screen? Dad had a friend in the furniture business and we had to have one of those early old round screen Dumont televisions with the mechanical clicker tuner. Early on it was either Bishop Fulton Sheen or Omnibus or the test pattern. We were big stuff when we could stay up late enough for when they signed off with the Star Spangled Banner followed by the test pattern.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bonanza, Mutual of Omahas Wild Kingdom and Wonderful World of Disney are the three that I seem to remember the earliest where I can place them in a contextual time line.

Also Dark Shadows for some reason.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
A friend down the road had a Winky Dink set and I walked down there on Saturday morning to watch with him.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,065
Posts18,501,367
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.