Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Starman
Rape by a Roman sounds far more believable than a virgin birth fathered by a ghost.

But of course there're millions of Christians who put their faith in the KJV bible instead
of the Talmud.

Sure. But do you believe it's true?

That's all presuming he even existed.

True. I find these topics interesting and I like hearing other people's ideas, as long as we can present them as ideas. When someone says they know something for certain and yet can provide no real evidence for it, that's fine for them but it really doesn't leave anything to talk about. The fact of the matter is most of us hold certain beliefs that we didn't necessarily arrive at by careful reasoning and logical thought, but we hold them either because of how we were raised or perhaps because of experiences we've had. These beliefs are often a great comfort to people and I have no desire to try to tear them down for someone just because they don't make sense to me, but I do like to discuss term and how/why people hold the beliefs that they do. Unfortunately it seems that for most people there are too many emotions tied in with their beliefs and a rational discussion just isn't possible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

If you understood why Jesus had to born of a virgin,you would know salvation could not have worked without the virgin birth.

In the same way that christian folk like Bristoe do not believe man was created in a puff of instant God magic in Genesis,
others likewise choose not to buy into other legends and myths liked the virgin birth.

You yourself do not believe in doing good works for the glory of God...a Christian who wilfully does not want to serve God.

IIRC, you got rather crass and abusive when I mentioned that previously.

No! You missed it again. I do believe in doing good works for the Glory of God. I just don't think it earns me or anyone any points toward Heaven,and I don't think God needs any help from me to do what needs doing. I do all kinds of things though that you would consider good works. I just don't brag about it and I don't do it because I need or have to.

I don't know what Bristoe believes. I would rather he explain that himself,if he so chooses.

What is it you believe?

Faith without works is dead

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Rape by a Roman sounds far more believable than a virgin birth fathered by a ghost.

But of course there're millions of Christians who put their faith in the KJV bible instead
of the Talmud.

Sure. But do you believe it's true?

That's all presuming he even existed.

Ok, I’ll bite. What is the evidence that this character yeshu Ben panthers even existed? SM posted like he placed some credence in it.

So, Starman, care to post the evidence of Ben panther or will you just fade into the wood work?

Pls, no more weasel words.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 30Gibbs

If you understood why Jesus had to born of a virgin,you would know salvation could not have worked without the virgin birth.

In the same way that christian folk like Bristoe do not believe man was created in a puff of instant God magic in Genesis,
others likewise choose not to buy into other legends and myths liked the virgin birth.

You yourself do not believe in doing good works for the glory of God...a Christian who wilfully does not want to serve God.

No! You missed it again. I do believe in doing good works for the Glory of God. I just don't think it earns me or anyone any points toward Heaven,and I don't think God needs any help from me to do what needs doing. I do all kinds of things though that you would consider good works. I just don't brag about it and I don't do it because I need or have to.

I don't know what Bristoe believes. I would rather he explain that himself,if he so chooses.

What is it you believe?

Imagine that. Christian's can't even agree upon the roles of Faith and deeds..

Huh....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

What is it you believe?

Huh....

Don't know why that's a surprise. It takes 12 to decide what a much shorter and more recent document says,and even them there's usually only a majority by a couple.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christians come to resolve that question on an individual basis. What’s important is how they lived and thought prior to their conversion in contrast to afterward.

That’s the real definition of conversion.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

What is it you believe?

Yea James says that but Paul says that you are saved by grace,through faith without a mention of works.

Faith without works may be dead but works that do not proceed from faith, but rather from fear are nothing but fear. You can't do good things because you are afraid God will send you to hell if you don't and expect to get anything from it. Works should proceed from faith like a child naturally proceeds from a healthy marriage,

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 12/08/18.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Huh....

Don't know why that's a surprise. It takes 12 to decide what a much shorter and more recent document says,and even them there's usually only a majority by a couple.

Don't know what 12 you are talking about?

Point is, if Christian's can't even agree upon the basics, such as the roles of Faith and Deeds, your God's not a very effective communicator, which flies in the face of most definitions of the Christian God.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What is it you believe?

Yea James says that but Paul says that you are saved by grace,through faith without a mention of works.

Faith without works may be dead but works that do not proceed from faith, but rather from fear are nothing but fear. You can't do good things because you are afraid God will send you to hell if you don't and expect to get anything from it. Works should proceed from faith like a child naturally proceeds from a healthy marriage,

You constantly distort God's Word. Apostle Paul wrote recorded in Philippians 2:12,
"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling." Without God's Grace there is no salvation since it belongs to Him. Consider Romans 10: 9-10. We believe (faith) resulting in righteousness and confess (work) resulting in salvation.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Huh....

Point is, if Christian's can't even agree upon the basics, such as the roles of Faith and Deeds, your God's not a very effective communicator, which flies in the face of most definitions of the Christian God.

The Supreme Court constantly interprets the Constitution.

I don't see how it's God's fault if among a couple billion of us there's a few idiots and morons.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Huh....

The Supreme Court constantly interprets the Constitution.

I don't see how it's God's fault if among a couple billion of us there's a few idiots and morons.

Only 9 justices on the Supreme Court.

It's the authors' fault because they failed to communicate effectively.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
All the camel humper stories are fugged up one way or another.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure the OP and some others believe in Alexander, Socrates and Aristotle. Absolutely no proof any of them existed. They are just myths.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm sure the OP and some others believe in Alexander, Socrates and Aristotle. Absolutely no proof any of them existed. They are just myths.

There are legitimate questions regarding the historicity of the character known as Socrates.
Alexander and his tutor Aristotle, not so much.
Of course none of this has any bearing on the historicity of Jesus.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/08/18.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
IF you were a courtroom judge, and a person before you said they were raped by a man, but others dispute that
and say the person was raped by a ghost

...which would you be more inclined to believed and why ???

I would be more inclined to believe that your an imbecile

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone

There are legitimate questions regarding the historicity of the character known as Socrates.
Alexander and his tutor Aristotle, not so much.
Of course none of this has any bearing on the historicity of Jesus.

So, do you disbelieve the historicity of Jesus?

A simple yes or no will do.

Last edited by TF49; 12/08/18. Reason: Speel rong

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
In a way I understand why Starman does this. It seems he wants to get people to think outside the box. I get it. I'm not sure how wise it is to do that on this website, but hey, its his neck.LOL
Myself, I kind of enjoy it and usually learn something from it all.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by K22
In a way I understand why Starman does this. It seems he wants to get people to think outside the box. I get it. I'm not sure how wise it is to do that on this website, but hey, its his neck.LOL
Myself, I kind of enjoy it and usually learn something from it all.

Glad to hear that you learn something.

But, pls do note that both SM and AS have a clear purpose to cast doubt and to sway opinions of folks on this site.

For example, the historicity of Jesus. There are many many scholars that believe there is no doubt about the historicity of Jesus. Just google the “Historicity of Jesus.” Take a look at what Wikipedia ... for example.. has to say.

BUT... I will say it again, folks will look at the evidence and choose what to believe. The choice they make is based on the evidence, perhaps their background..... but also based on what is in them.

What is in the man is paramount.

Last edited by TF49; 12/08/18.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who is this Tal Mud cat?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've heard of Pantera but Tulmud does not ring a bell.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.