Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’m pissed off.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by lastround
I’m pissed off.

It's better to be pissed off, than to be pissed on.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As if DanBrothers isn't in enough trouble with SCDNR, when they catch him whizzing in the woods it'll be indecent exposure complete with a sexual predator label that's gonna be stapled to every job application he ever fills out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SCgman1
As if DanBrothers isn't in enough trouble with SCDNR, when they catch him whizzing in the woods it'll be indecent exposure complete with a sexual predator label that's gonna be stapled to every job application he ever fills out.

LOL

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
LOL.... I hope they don't want pictures....LOL

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
NBD: Groucho shot an Elephant in his pajamas.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
NBD: Groucho shot an Elephant in his pajamas.

How the elephant got into his pajamas has never been explained....

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was once doing the silent stalk. Walking slow and careful, stopping and watching and listening on an old overgrown logging road. We had beans for dinner the night before and they were working their magic. I ripped a big one and it startled a little spike bedded down next to me that I didn't even see. Hehe...that little spike jumped up so quick and hard he knocked himself out on a low-hanging tree branch. Flopped around for a while and finally staggered off.

Last edited by Morewood; 12/11/18.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You can make this stuff up.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
AU contraire. Did I ever tell you the story about the time I killed a deer right after taking a dump?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Dan, keep pissing around your stands. If it spooks one off, you'll never know it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Originally Posted by smokepole
AU contraire. Did I ever tell you the story about the time I killed a deer right after taking a dump?

NBD, the pros do it during.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe Shaman has an outhouse set up so he can hunt and dump.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

Originally Posted by smokepole

NBD, the pros do it during.

As an aside, I will add, don't try to take a dump out of a treestand. Especially if you are in a climber, and went through a bunch of leaves to get up there.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
OP should piss in a jug for a week and then spray himself down with it , like scent blocker in a windex bottle, or should piss on the ground and then roll in it.

Also could start a new brand of deer lure, please add creative names for his new product:

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory
I believe Shaman has an outhouse set up so he can hunt and dump.

I went through the whole season this year without making a visit. However, I did take a whizz out of my stand a few times and I had two doe come by and visit shortly after one such transaction.

I'm fairly convinced peeing out of the stand has some sort of attracting qualities. Doe, in particular, seem to be drawn to it. I'm still not sure if it is the sound or the smell that brings them in. I did have a young doe roll in a recent deposit once years ago.

In the latter stages of the D&DH Forum, I suggested an experiment: Fill a squeeze bottle with water and try and simulate a #1 session off the stand with plain water. Check and see if it attracts deer. The forum went bust before I'd collected any data. For me, I've tried it a few times, and not gotten any results. However, there are plenty of times I whizz out of the stand and nothing happens. My guess is that pee coming out of a stand sounds like acorns falling at distance.

EDIT: I can't count the number of times I've been caught by deer, out in the woods, taking a dump. I never tried it off a treestand, but I went through a period early on in my hunting career where at least once a season I'd get busted making a deposit. I figure the deer are just naturally curious and want to see the way we do it, the same way small children are curious.

Last edited by shaman; 12/12/18.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don’t even worry about it anymore. I’ve had them sniff around my piss spot before. I’ve also watched them trail me like a bird dog with their nose to the ground right to my tree and look up at me. On the other hand, one morning I watched one spook after sniffing the spot where I had set my backpack for a few minutes while I went back to my truck to get something I had forgotten.

Deer are individuals. Some are high strung and spook at anything. Some are curious. In my experience the smartest and most spooky are old big does. Bucks, of any age and size aren’t as spooky, but they are harder to kill because they don’t move as much during the day as a doe. Except during the rut, I think your average buck stays up late, sleeps late, gets up for a few hours in the middle of the day expanding minimal effort, then goes back to bed for the rest of the day. In other words, the typical bachelor lifestyle for most young human males if they had their druthers.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/12/18.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Good bud says he actually peed on some deer under his stand and they didn't seem to notice.

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can make this stuff up.

Apparently, somebody can.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This guy has got to change his user name to pissant.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.