Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Cattledog
BSA, heck of a deal on a nice M70. If its the one I'm thinking of, you beat me by day; bet it shoots as good as is looks grin

Thanks, after glass bedding it and minimal load work up, I found a load (thanks to pharm) that is sub moa (for 3-5 shots). However, I'm still not done with load development. Need to switch to a magnum primer with the big game powder.
I bought it locally. A very nice guy from the Seattle area. He met me in Olympia. I couldn't believe it when he started pulling boxes of good ammo out of his trunk. Saying, "here you are going to need this too". Like I said, one hell of a good guy. The sad thing is I haven't even wrung it out yet. Like I said, need to try a magnum primer. However, I've Been too busy shooting my new savage rifles. Just got back from shooting a rifle I bought yesterday for a song. Looks pretty promising for an unbedded rifle, with a used unproven scope. I'm a little leery about the scope and its tracking though. Didn't go exactly where I wanted it to after adjustment:
[Linked Image]

I'll eventually throw a SWFA SS 16x on it, like what's on my Creedmoor. Here's the rifle:
[Linked Image]

Appears to be sub moa, right out of the box. This is with a load that my ruger m77 vt liked:
[Linked Image]
I'll glass bed this sob and stiffen up the forend, find a good load it likes and probably have a good shooter on my hands. wink

Like I said, just because I'm playing with ugly savages and AR's at the moment, that doesn't mean I'm giving up on Winchesters. They will always be my favorites....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Yes sir, that's the one ! I'd talked to him, a good guy, just couldn't get our schedules sync'd up to meet. Good on you, buddy. Force is strong in this one, shows great potential.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Cattledog
Yes sir, that's the one ! I'd talked to him, a good guy, just couldn't get our schedules sync'd up to meet. Good on you, buddy. Force is strong in this one, shows great potential.

Yep. He was a great guy. Even paid for the transfer. The funny thing is it was advertised for a while there. I kept going back to see if it was sold yet. I talked to him a couple times in PM's and told him his rifle was definitely worth his asking price. Especially with the older Leupold 2.5-8x36 on board. I told him if no one bought it, I was going to make the drive and meet with him. There was also a beautiful 30-06 fwt listed at the same place for $600, then he dropped it to $550.00, then even lower. I was feeling bad for that guy because I knew the rifle was worth far more than that. I could have sold it on GB easily for $750.00. Still kicking myself in the azz for not buying that one. Now I feel bad, I didn't even tell you in our pm's last june where that rifle was, but you probably saw it for yourself anyway, if you frequent that site very often. That 30-06 was sweeeeet.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 3,382 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,740
Posts18,535,365
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.