Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Very little if anything that happens in the scouts happens at the national or even the district level. It is almost ALL a function of your local Troop, which is a function of the local leadership.

If your scout troop sucks, its because of the local people in your area, not BHO.

Running from scouts because BHO or Tillerson supports gays is a BS excuse.

Run your local like men and your boys will follow.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jds44
I am an Assistant Scoutmaster with our local troop. My oldest son made Eagle Scout this week at 15 years old. My younger son is 11 and is currently Second Class rank. I intend to stick with the program until he gets his Eagle if he wants it and is willing to put in the work.

I'm not happy with the decisions the national council has made the last few years, but the truth is that's the political reality we currently live in. They're trying to do what they have to do to survive and not be sued out of existence. The truth of the matter is though that the decisions national makes don't have that much effect on the local troops. Our local troop doesn't have a single homosexual leader. We don't have a single child molester in the troop. We have 60 good boys in the troop who we're doing our level best to mold into good men. We do manly things - we rock climb, we cave, we camp, we whitewater raft, we shoot, and we backpack. We complain about the things we don't like, but drive on and try to make a difference in these boys lives.

If you want BSA to continue to remain a great influence in young men's lives, quit bitching and get involved. Volunteer with a local troop and make a difference at the local level.

Rock climbing:
[Linked Image]

Sporting Clays district competition:
[Linked Image]

55 mile backpacking trip:
[Linked Image]

Proud dad moment this Monday night:
[Linked Image]

Thats awesome. Good dad, good on you and son. Eagle at 15 is tough.

And here it is. The bottom line "
If you want BSA to continue to remain a great influence in young men's lives, quit bitching and get involved. Volunteer with a local troop and make a difference at the local level.....

We complain about the things we don't like, but drive on and try to make a difference in these boys lives."

Last edited by Crockettnj; 12/15/18.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
When my son was a wee lad I enrolled him in Cub Scouts. The chapter/division or WTF they call it was ran by a woman. I couldn't get my head wrapped around that but figured what the hell.

I was immediately recruited to be the den leader or whatever the fugk they called it and I did so for one year. I saw absolute zero value in any of the curriculum, the leaders, or the organization in general.

Whatever you people get or got out of that organization escapes me.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
When my son was a wee lad I enrolled him in Cub Scouts. The chapter/division or WTF they call it was ran by a woman. I couldn't get my head wrapped around that but figured what the hell.

I was immediately recruited to be the den leader or whatever the fugk they called it and I did so for one year. I saw absolute zero value in any of the curriculum, the leaders, or the organization in general.

Whatever you people get or got out of that organization escapes me.

Perks are different by venue. There's a BSA camp about 10-11 miles down stream on the Brazos River from Possum Kingdom Dam. Water released from Morris Sheppard Dam, (i.e. Possum Kingdom) maintains a state mandated "in stream flow" which means the Brazos (in this section between man made lakes) never drys up and flows freely from Possum Kingdom lake to Lake Whitney; roughly 145 miles. Additionally water released from Possum Kingdom Dam is discharged from a depth of 70 feet which creates a constant water temperature of close to 70 degrees year round in the first 4 or so miles below Morris Sheppard Dam. This stretch of river has limited access and traverses through steep walled canyons and scenic private property. Putting all of this together creates an outstanding fishery and provides and ideal wilderness setting for family camping.
This BSA camp promotes and provides all kinds of outdoor activities such as building rope bridges, log tee pees, shelters, open fire cooking, camping and canoeing. In other words..., this is what BSA is supposed to be rather than a weekly night Mother's Den meeting. Unfortunately it looks like politics has ruined this for all future generations.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Boy Scouts is primarily a white male organization. That's why it was attacked.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If they close shop, it will be a feather in the cap of the radical Left. Their biggest targets are anything that is tradition, patriotic, or is an iconic part of our history. This hits at least two of these criteria. Part of their sinister mission is to tear down the fabric of our society that binds us together as Americans so they can replace it with their poison. If you know the history of the beginnings of Leftist societies around the World, it is their SOP.

Last edited by reivertom; 12/15/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they close shop, it will be a feather in the cap of the radical Left.

So be it. The only survival strategy is disbandment & reconstitution. Let the Left keep going after different orgs. Once they think they have one, another pops up.

Like I said, they aren't putting girls in separate troops in my area. They are joining the boys. Boy Scouts must die.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If they close shop, it will be a feather in the cap of the radical Left.

So be it. The only survival strategy is disbandment & reconstitution. Let the Left keep going after different orgs. Once they think they have one, another pops up.

Like I said, they aren't putting girls in separate troops in my area. They are joining the boys. Boy Scouts must die.

With that attitude, the Leftists will surely win across the board. Destroy the traditions, destroy the society.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Boy Scouts is primarily a white male organization. That's why it was attacked.

And we have a winner..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Originally Posted by Bristoe

And we have a winner..

it also teaches love for country, patriotism, independence, and despite the recent changes proper roles for males, Its tuff to find anything that is so counter to what the left believes.

IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.